Not open for further replies.

Bomicino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
15 ecoboost
Especially since you're in California, it would be most benificial to get an intercooler at the same time as the accessport. With my MAP intercooler, there have been several times where the intake air temps have been only 1-2 degrees over ambient. The stock one is insufficient and robs power. Have fun.
Sponsored

TJP719

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium AT
Especially since you're in California, it would be most benificial to get an intercooler at the same time as the accessport. With my MAP intercooler, there have been several times where the intake air temps have been only 1-2 degrees over ambient. The stock one is insufficient and robs power. Have fun.

^ What he said. I highly suggest getting their intercooler as well.

Gotboost91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost mustang mt
Yeah I had been reading about that especially cause like you said i live in Cali. It's gonna be October and it's still 100 every day. Too bad those two upgrades are 1000$ alone. do you guys who have the intake install notice your idle inlet air temp getting pretty hot ? I mean it drops quickly soon as I start driving but I just never remember it getting that hot.

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Yeah I had been reading about that especially cause like you said i live in Cali. It's gonna be October and it's still 100 every day. Too bad those two upgrades are 1000$ alone. �� do you guys who have the intake install notice your idle inlet air temp getting pretty hot ? I mean it drops quickly soon as I start driving but I just never remember it getting that hot.
Thatll happen with an aftermarket intake, its normal

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
Hey there !
New member here so forgive me if I do something wrong.
Recently got the map intake and installed it in about 2 hours wow what a difference ! The build quality is insane I can't believe how nice the beads on the welding is. And that sound ! My car sounds like a beast when I dump the clutch. Like a whole new car especially since I already have the magnaflow competition exhaust installed about a week ago as well. Hopefully to be getting the down pipe and accessport soon. Great job to the guys at maperformance !
Thank you, appreciate the kind words!

Agreed! Recommend getting an intercooler as well as a tune!

http://www.maperformance.com/map-bi...-ford-mustang-ecoboost-ebm-ic-map-ebm-ic.html

http://www.maperformance.com/2015-ford-mustang-ecoboost-accessport-by-cobb-tuning-ap3-for-003.html

Yeah I had been reading about that especially cause like you said i live in Cali. It's gonna be October and it's still 100 every day. Too bad those two upgrades are 1000$ alone. �� do you guys who have the intake install notice your idle inlet air temp getting pretty hot ? I mean it drops quickly soon as I start driving but I just never remember it getting that hot.
Thatll happen with an aftermarket intake, its normal
Correct, hot inlet temps are normal but drop very fast.

Sponsored

chadhtx40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP Magnetic Metalli
Is it worth it to wrap the intake tube to cool off the temps before they hit the intercooler? I've ready a little bit about that, but have not seen any one really show if it is worth the effort.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Is it worth it to wrap the intake tube to cool off the temps before they hit the intercooler? I've ready a little bit about that, but have not seen any one really show if it is worth the effort.
Given the location of the intake tubing, I think any benefits would be very minimal. I think wrapping the downpipe with header wrap would net more of a benefit and reduce engine bay temps decently.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

chadhtx40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP Magnetic Metalli
Good point, opposite way of my thinking, but sounds better, reduce the temps in the engine rather than try to band-aid what is affected.

Thanks,

Chad

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
Yea, wrapping the intake would just aid in the time in takes to get warmed up. Then it trap the heat inside and not allow the intake to disperse the heat.

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
One of the other threads said you were testing a stock location turbo/housing upgrade. Any details? PM me if you want it private.

Sponsored

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
I have a question about the Precision 5862 turbo used in the kit: is the center section not water-cooled? If not, can that be added as an upgrade, or is a turbo timer required?

KazyMedic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RX-8 and Toyota 86
Precision turbos are not water cooled and have no peripheries for add ons like that. That is one of the drawbacks of that system, but also a price saving entity.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
Correct, they are not watercooled however we will be using GTX turbos in the future as an upgrade to the kit for people that absolutely want watercooled turbos.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.