Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
'02. Pewter's already modded it, as he should. No collectability potential in those cars.
I thought the last year Z28 of the F-body style was going up in value. There was something on Jalopnik I believe talking about it. Either way.
Sponsored

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
I thought the last year Z28 of the F-body style was going up in value. There was something on Jalopnik I believe talking about it. Either way.
Thats also Jalop, not exactly the height of automotive writing...

I need to get with you guys about a track tune, It ran great with the stock tune, your intercooler, jlt intake and single 3" exhaust, but I could use just a few more SAFE and COOL hp. I really on the fence about whether or not to tune it.

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
Thats also Jalop, not exactly the height of automotive writing...

I need to get with you guys about a track tune, It ran great with the stock tune, your intercooler, jlt intake and single 3" exhaust, but I could use just a few more SAFE and COOL hp. I really on the fence about whether or not to tune it.
You absolutely should. I have a bunch of Auto X guys running my tunes that I catered specifically to their use. Them love it!

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
That is the last year of the F-body Z28 correct? You should just keep it mild and resell it when it becomes a true collector.
'02. Pewter's already modded it, as he should. No collectability potential in those cars.
Yeah 02 was the last year. Mine is an 01 and in the most common color and options for the year plus it has 150k on it and lots of mods. So collector it will never be.

Hopefully in a coulple weeks I'll be hitting you up Adam for a tune. Keep it up!

Sponsored

Sup3rPat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP Gaurd
MAPerfomance Turbo Kit Review

First off, this was my first turbo kit installation ever performed and I have less than a year’s worth of experience working on cars BUT I have been working on airplanes for about 8yrs so I am somewhat mechanically inclined.
Receiving the turbo kit,everything was well packaged and there was no damage to any of the products. The turbo kit had 48 items listed on the inventory and they were all present and accounted for. Later during the installation I found that I needed a 3/8 hose for the coolant bypass and MAP was made aware and should be included in future turbo kits.
Now for the maintenance, the removal of all the old parts (CAI, DP, and Turbo) were all straight forward; remove bolt/nut and part comes off lol. The installation was a bit tricky because the installation instructions have not come out yet and this was my first time dealing with turbo kits. For someone who has more exprience Im sure it would have been more straight forward. I ran into issues when installing the coolant bypass and routing the external wastegate and both issues were resolved quickly. No specialty tools were needed and there was no tricks needed to finesse any part. The installation took about 8 maintenance hours due to lack of experience, I learned the hard way that turbos need to be clocked so the oil return can have a gravitational flow out. After I had already installed the turbo I had to remove it, clock it, and reinstall :doh:
Overall I would say that the difficulty of the installation was 3 out of 5. I did all the work myself and Im sure it could have been done twice as fast with another persons help,especially with experience.

Driving Exerience: The car feels completley different now. Whenever another S550 owner sees me and waves, I grin thinking to myself "We are not the same, I am a Martian" lol. This car is a beast now, from the crackling and poping of the exhaust to the new winding sound of the turbo, I LOVE IT. I do have one gripe though. I went with the bigger 6062 and it doesnt kick until about 4100 rpm... I hope to have it spool a bit earlier with an etune. When this thing spools though, I get sucked into my seat. :eyebulge:

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
First off, this was my first turbo kit installation ever performed and I have less than a year’s worth of experience working on cars BUT I have been working on airplanes for about 8yrs so I am somewhat mechanically inclined.
Receiving the turbo kit,everything was well packaged and there was no damage to any of the products. The turbo kit had 48 items listed on the inventory and they were all present and accounted for. Later during the installation I found that I needed a 3/8 hose for the coolant bypass and MAP was made aware and should be included in future turbo kits.
Now for the maintenance, the removal of all the old parts (CAI, DP, and Turbo) were all straight forward; remove bolt/nut and part comes off lol. The installation was a bit tricky because the installation instructions have not come out yet and this was my first time dealing with turbo kits. For someone who has more exprience Im sure it would have been more straight forward. I ran into issues when installing the coolant bypass and routing the external wastegate and both issues were resolved quickly. No specialty tools were needed and there was no tricks needed to finesse any part. The installation took about 8 maintenance hours due to lack of experience, I learned the hard way that turbos need to be clocked so the oil return can have a gravitational flow out. After I had already installed the turbo I had to remove it, clock it, and reinstall :doh:
Overall I would say that the difficulty of the installation was 3 out of 5. I did all the work myself and Im sure it could have been done twice as fast with another persons help,especially with experience.

Driving Exerience: The car feels completley different now. Whenever another S550 owner sees me and waves, I grin thinking to myself "We are not the same, I am a Martian" lol. This car is a beast now, from the crackling and poping of the exhaust to the new winding sound of the turbo, I LOVE IT. I do have one gripe though. I went with the bigger 6062 and it doesnt kick until about 4100 rpm... I hope to have it spool a bit earlier with an etune. When this thing spools though, I get sucked into my seat. :eyebulge:

Damn man that sounds awesome. That turbo looks mean just staring at you. What is the power numbers supposed to be with that bigger turbo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TJP719

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium AT

[emoji7]

Sup3rPat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Damn man that sounds awesome. That turbo looks mean just staring at you. What is the power numbers supposed to be with that bigger turbo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its on the stock tune right now which is good for 390hp/380tq @ 24psi on 93oct. Once I get it eTuned Im taking it Charleston to get dyno'd.

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
It's so beautiful. Is there any possibility of maintaining the engine cover with the new setup?

Sponsored

Sup3rPat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
You say 4100, is that when manifold pressure goes positive, or when it reaches 24 psi?

Your car an auto or manual?

You take any pics of the individual parts?

Looks nice. Happy for you...now get us some #s and vids so we can live vicariously through you!:thumbsup:

Sup3rPat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
You say 4100, is that when manifold pressure goes positive, or when it reaches 24 psi?

Looks nice. Happy for you...now get us some #s and vids so we can live vicariously through you!:thumbsup:
I dont know the technical term but 4100rpm is when I get sucked into my seat. Its a manual. I posted pics of the parts on posts 833 and 847 pg47. I plan on getting those numbers soon :D

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)

I must note that his turbo kit is using a 6062 Gen 2 turbo and not the one that comes standard in our kit so his spool is going to be a little later.

Because of the way I tune, there is no peak boost @ X RPM as I have boost increase with RPM to make the experience more linear and it also allows for better timing control.

If you are looking for individual product pictures have a look at the product page.

http://www.maperformance.com/ecoboost-mustang-turbocharger-kit-by-maperformance-ebm-turbo-kit.html

I dont know the technical term but 4100rpm is when I get sucked into my seat. Its a manual. I posted pics of the parts on posts 833 and 847 pg47. I plan on getting those numbers soon :D
MY SEAT IS EATING ME!

Glad you like the kit, and the feedback you provided is AWESOME! Now lets get some E30 in the tank!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.