Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
We were ready to ship out a kit on Friday but Fedex ground didn't pick up. We will be shipping all sold kits out Monday/Tuesday this coming week! I'm excited to get these out there on customers cars!
Sponsored

superblur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang
So would these fuel system upgrades be useful for people who want to stay on straight 93?

Or have you guys already found the limit of the engine on 93?

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
So would these fuel system upgrades be useful for people who want to stay on straight 93?

Or have you guys already found the limit of the engine on 93?
The power limit on 93 octane doesn't require any fuel system upgrades. I wouldn't run 93 octane on any build/setup past 450whp.

I was able to make 480whp with E30 so making that on straight 93 octane wouldn't be a problem with a proper build.

AngelOreo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JimmyG
Vehicle(s)
2015 - Ecoboost Premium - 6mt - Deep Impact
The power limit on 93 octane doesn't require any fuel system upgrades. I wouldn't run 93 octane on any build/setup past 450whp.

I was able to make 480whp with E30 so making that on straight 93 octane wouldn't be a problem with a proper build.
Proper build? Heads\Cam\Valve-Springs\Turbo?

Or are we talking upgraded Rods as well?

Sponsored

Irate Swami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Eco
Hey Adam,

Looking for your honest opinion. What would be the best bang for my buck in terms of reliable, safe, daily driven power? Going all out with the full MAP turbo upgrade kit vs. full bolt ons (MAP 1.5 kit, COBB tune, Drop in replacement batmowheel for the stock turbo when its released) coupled with a progressive water/meth injection setup when you guys complete it?

I don't want to tear in the the engine or replace the head, don't want to mess with e30 or race gas additives (93 octane tunes only), and I can't afford to have the power of any of my upgrades to damage the engine as the Mustang is my daily driver.

What are your thoughts? Turbo kit with a mild tune for safety? And would full bolt-ons + meth injection be any safer?

Lastly, what kind of RWHP/TQ numbers would you expect a full bolt-on, meth injected ecoboost to produce? and What is the time-table for your Meth kit?

Basically my goal is to be able to confidently smoke stock GTs from a dig up to 60-80mph. My car will also have a full Steeda suspension treatment. Looking to do this for the least amount of my hard-earned money spent as possible!

Thank you for your honest input in advance.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Hey Adam,

Looking for your honest opinion. What would be the best bang for my buck in terms of reliable, safe, daily driven power? Going all out with the full MAP turbo upgrade kit vs. full bolt ons (MAP 1.5 kit, COBB tune, Drop in replacement batmowheel for the stock turbo when its released) coupled with a progressive water/meth injection setup when you guys complete it?

I don't want to tear in the the engine or replace the head, don't want to mess with e30 or race gas additives (93 octane tunes only), and I can't afford to have the power of any of my upgrades to damage the engine as the Mustang is my daily driver.

What are your thoughts? Turbo kit with a mild tune for safety? And would full bolt-ons + meth injection be any safer?

Lastly, what kind of RWHP/TQ numbers would you expect a full bolt-on, meth injected ecoboost to produce? and What is the time-table for your Meth kit?

Basically my goal is to be able to confidently smoke stock GTs from a dig up to 60-80mph. My car will also have a full Steeda suspension treatment. Looking to do this for the least amount of my hard-earned money spent as possible!

I'd just do bolt-ons, like the MAP P1.5, with a conservative tune. That'll get the reliability you want without completely breaking the bank and still have enough power to roll on a GT from 0-80.

You seem to value reliability which probably also means that you value your factory warranty as well. If that's the case, in the event that you needed the warranty you'd probably get less hassle from having bolt-ons than you would get from having swapped turbos or spraying meth into it.

I'm all for big turbo swaps and WMI, but I think standard bolt-ons with a good tune will get you exactly where you want to be.

bam88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost PP
From what I have been able to gather 400 wtq is at the top "safe" limit for the stock con rods. They may be forged but they are about as thick as my pencil. Bolt ons and a tune will take you there with ease. Now reliability also comes down to how you drive the car. I would say no boosting in sixth gear as the loads can get pretty high so good chance of bending a rod, as well as not going WOT under 3000rpm for the same reason.

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
Proper build? Heads\Cam\Valve-Springs\Turbo?

Or are we talking upgraded Rods as well?
If you want to run pump gas and that kind of power, yes rod's and pistons. Head can be stock but I recommend our ported head and valvetrain upgrade.

Hey Adam,

Unfortunately a meth kit isn't going to be in the works until I'm able to control it through the factory ECU. I personally don't like using "standalone" meth kits, I like to have failsafe configured in the ECU when running meth.

All of our products are going to be safe for a stock block Mustang. The turbo kit is very reliable and I would trust it to drive cross country any day. We have had ours on since April, making 400whp+ and not a single issue has came about. It's over engineered for this car, and that is what you want!

E30 in my opinion is a lot easier than dealing with a Meth kit so I wouldn't rule it out for days you want to have a bunch of power on tap. It's as simple as parking next to an E85 pump and 93 Pump at the same time and using a calculator haha.

P1.5 kit and pump gas is good for 330-335whp safely. Beyond that you are going to want some more octane to make safe power. If you did do a meth kit, I would be up for tuning it but there would be no guarantee's on the tune because the meth kit failing/running out/ or if you don't switch from pump gas map to meth map when you are out. There are many scenarios were a meth kit can leave you with the need for us to build a motor for you. :cool:

If you are looking to do Steeda, make sure you drop me a pm or email and I will get you taken care of. I stock their products in house and use them on our car as well.

I'd just do bolt-ons, like the MAP P1.5, with a conservative tune. That'll get the reliability you want without completely breaking the bank and still have enough power to roll on a GT from 0-80.

You seem to value reliability which probably also means that you value your factory warranty as well. If that's the case, in the event that you needed the warranty you'd probably get less hassle from having bolt-ons than you would get from having swapped turbos or spraying meth into it.

I'm all for big turbo swaps and WMI, but I think standard bolt-ons with a good tune will get you exactly where you want to be.
WMI, pshhhhh! :lol:

From what I have been able to gather 400 wtq is at the top "safe" limit for the stock con rods. They may be forged but they are about as thick as my pencil. Bolt ons and a tune will take you there with ease. Now reliability also comes down to how you drive the car. I would say no boosting in sixth gear as the loads can get pretty high so good chance of bending a rod, as well as not going WOT under 3000rpm for the same reason.
400wtq? Looks like I have some revisions to make to 30+ customers tunes that are making over that and not having any issues :p haha. Just messing with you. Our car is making 465wtq with zero issues, Jason's car is making 440wtq on stock turbo and no issues and he beats the snot out of it. Torque delivery is more of a concern than the torque number itself. If you properly deliver torque to any engine it is going to handle it pretty well. There is obviously a point, but 400wtq isn't it.

AngelOreo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JimmyG
Vehicle(s)
2015 - Ecoboost Premium - 6mt - Deep Impact
Mr. Aweso.. err Adam sir.

Do you have any guestimates on the cost for a head\valve upgrade yet? What about power gains for the P1.5 with the ported head?

Does the head upgrade haventhe option for a cam as well and or what additional gains may come from the upgraded cam as well once in your ported head\upgraded valve\springs?

If all that info is in the Cylinder head post, my apologies. I'll go check that right now.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
Mr. Aweso.. err Adam sir.

Do you have any guestimates on the cost for a head\valve upgrade yet? What about power gains for the P1.5 with the ported head?

Does the head upgrade haventhe option for a cam as well and or what additional gains may come from the upgraded cam as well once in your ported head\upgraded valve\springs?

If all that info is in the Cylinder head post, my apologies. I'll go check that right now.
No cost yet, won't have a price until it is 100% finished which should be this weekend. Power gains, don't know not until I get it finished.

Cams will be an option whenever Ford decides to get me my stocking order, looking like end of August before I have them. Can't tell you the gains because I don't have them.

Sup3rPat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP Gaurd
2 more days until my turbo kit gets here! Can't wait to here it roar with the GEN2 6062!

dbmonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
2 more days until my turbo kit gets here! Can't wait to here it roar with the GEN2 6062!
Will yours be going on right away? I'm eagerly awaiting my tracking number so I can plan my days off for the install.

Sup3rPat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP Gaurd
Will yours be going on right away? I'm eagerly awaiting my tracking number so I can plan my days off for the install.
Going to install on Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.