Sponsored

MAPerformance COBB stage 1 dyno results.

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT, 2015 Black Eco

For some reason the 93 octane run was lowly then 91. I think it's because they probably didn't wait for the OAR to adjust fully. So I'm thinking both numbers would be higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

EngieKev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Yep another poor dyno comparison by a tuner, surprised?

They did not let octane adjust learn on the stock calibration. This would also explain the lower boost. Look at others stock 93 octane pulls.

Sponsored

OP
OP

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
Yeah it was a poor comparison but it was still gains of 20 hp and 100 tq so that means more power when the octane level is fully adjusted.

Lower boost? Most of the cobb tuned cars run 21-25 psi depending on load.

EngieKev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Yeah it was a poor comparison but it was still gains of 20 hp and 100 tq so that means more power when the octane level is fully adjusted.
Wonder if they learned the OAR on the Cobb tunes, and purposely not on the stock tunes. I wouldn't give them that much credit though.

Other possibility is that the Cobb tunes off-the-shelf modify the OAR to be higher all the time, which is BAD news for anyone running less than perfect quality 93 Pump fuel.

OP
OP

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
Wonder if they learned the OAR on the Cobb tunes, and purposely not on the stock tunes. I wouldn't give them that much credit though.

Other possibility is that the Cobb tunes off-the-shelf modify the OAR to be higher all the time, which is BAD news for anyone running less than perfect quality 93 Pump fuel.
From my understanding the OAR happens automatically and it determines if you are using good or bad quality fuel.

EngieKev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
From my understanding the OAR happens automatically and it determines if you are using good or bad quality fuel.
Yep, but if you flash and run immediately, it may take several runs to fully learn. By default the system assumes 87 pump and learns up or down from there.

OP
OP

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
Sounds good. When I get my AP im going to have the OAR set as one of the gauges so I will know if I have good quality fuel.

EngieKev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Sounds good. When I get my AP im going to have the OAR set as one of the gauges so I will know if I have good quality fuel.
Best way to learn is gradual accels in gear, varying pedal between runs. Or just go all out and WOT runs! :headbang:
Sponsored