Manufacture Year 21/22 - New generation

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I live on other european country now, i just continued with UK talk as i wanted to mention Uk/Europe as different to Usa and more delays especially with new generation will be here.

I am not planning to get it in other country or get it from Usa. There are basically no used ones after lift with black colour and manual shift here so my only option is to get a new one. There is one black bullitt but yet again i would have to get a new car in 2021 with 2019 production. If i sell it afteer 3 years or so to get it new generation i would be selling 5 years old one.

And i am ready to get one, but as mentioned i cant get it straight away, with all options i have to wait so if i have to wait most probably until end of 2021, its winter anyway so i can wait few months more to get production date 2022 even when its same car as 2021 one.
You want to be grateful it isn't a Ferrari. 2 year wait (assuming they like you enough to sell you a build slot in the first place!) Or buy a year old car for more than list !

Mustang's in Europe are limited by supply, Ford do not want to sell too many or they will get fined for fleet CO2.
Sponsored

OP
OP

sear12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
European orders take 6 months at best anyway. If you ordered now it is not unreasonable to expect the car in September. When I got mine I ordered in September, received it in March.
Maybe its a little bit different now or maybe my dealers cant make it done but they said i can get Mach1 now as they have allocation for it but with GT i have to wait. And they are not specific with that delivery as i mentioned and from my experience i know that when one is saying i will get it in Q4 and other one saying Q3/Q4, its nearly sure i will get it in Q4.

And this solution as i mentioned is the worst for me i believe. Not only i will get my car for winter but also with 2021 production date. As Twin Turbo mentioned i think i can wait few more months and make the order in october and get my car for march/april 2022 with MY22.

3rd guy told me that i can get it for July, but yet again i believe its a lie and dont think he has special allocation or sth and then after the order he will tell me that there is delay, not his fault and i will get it in Q4 :)

I hate the fact that it will be about a year to get it, but dont think i can do much about it.