Sponsored

Manufacture Year 21/22 - New generation

sear12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Hi again,

2nd question and will add that i am based in Europe. I can make an order for my GT in April and will get my car at the end of the year. Its not ideal as i am sure it would be 2021 manufactured and i would basically start driving it in 2022. Do you know how it looks exactly with Ford? Maybe i can delay it a little bit more so that the order would be made after holidays, i would get it at the beginning of 2022 and might get 2022 year in Vin?

I also think i read everything about new generation but You guys here know way more anyway. From what i understand Ford could release new generation in 2022 so i guess after holidays with release in 2023. But they also said they will go full hybrid from 2026 and full electric in 2030 in UK and Europe and i am not sure new generation V8 version would be even available in Europe. Is it even 100% sure that they will release it in 2022?

Are there any news regarding this topic that could hold my purchase and wait for new generation instead? Personally think there are more disadvantages by waiting, but i could be wrong. If i hold and they actually release it in 2022 i assume i wouldnt get it by 2023 at best. With any delays this would be even longer. I am not interested in electric one at all. This year they released Mach E for example in my country but you cant buy GT version right now. It will be available at the end of the year so similar could happen with Mustang EVEN when V8 version is avaliable in Europe at all.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
The '20 Model Year was an unusually long one.........you can thank Covid for that. It ran from October 2019 to December 2020. The '22 Model Year is expected to revert back to it's usual October introduction.....so the '21 Model Year will be from January 2021 to October 2021, a shorter run than usual.

We don't know exactly when the next generation Mustang (S650) will launch, other than it will be a '23 Model Year, and production will likely start in late (Oct?) 2022. It's expected this will feature a hybrid model but, again, we don't know for sure if this will feature a V8 (I hope and expect it will though).

So, you could order your car in April and it will likely take between 3 and 6 months to arrive in the UK. This would be a '21 Model Year car.

If you order near to the end of the year, it's likely your car would be a '22 Model Year. Even if you ordered in September, by the time your order is processed, you'd likely be locked into a '22 Model Year. Other than some new colors (and some deletions) the '22MY will be exactly the same as the '21MY.

Me? Unless you want a Mach 1, I'd be tempted to wait until we get more leaks about the S650. At the very least, if you don't like what you see or hear, you could pick up a '22MY S550 at a likely very good price as I suspect Ford will be looking to clear the decks of the current car before the new generation arrives.

:)

OP
OP

sear12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
@Twin Turbo

Thank You for that. I actually cant wait to get it done and pick up keys, but fastest i can get it is by the end of the 2021 anyway so taking in mind future value with newer model year i could actually wait few months, see what news/leaks are about new model within this time and then make the order about September/October 21' to get 22' model for the Spring 22'.

And i hope we will get some news about new generation within next 6 months to make that call easy in September.

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
The '20 Model Year was an unusually long one.........you can thank Covid for that. It ran from October 2019 to December 2020. The '22 Model Year is expected to revert back to it's usual October introduction.....so the '21 Model Year will be from January 2021 to October 2021, a shorter run than usual.

We don't know exactly when the next generation Mustang (S650) will launch, other than it will be a '23 Model Year, and production will likely start in late (Oct?) 2022. It's expected this will feature a hybrid model but, again, we don't know for sure if this will feature a V8 (I hope and expect it will though).

So, you could order your car in April and it will likely take between 3 and 6 months to arrive in the UK. This would be a '21 Model Year car.

If you order near to the end of the year, it's likely your car would be a '22 Model Year. Even if you ordered in September, by the time your order is processed, you'd likely be locked into a '22 Model Year. Other than some new colors (and some deletions) the '22MY will be exactly the same as the '21MY.

Me? Unless you want a Mach 1, I'd be tempted to wait until we get more leaks about the S650. At the very least, if you don't like what you see or hear, you could pick up a '22MY S550 at a likely very good price as I suspect Ford will be looking to clear the decks of the current car before the new generation arrives.

:)
I have to give you props for helping the op out with some good info. 👍

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I thought they stopped selling Mustangs in Englandland?

OP
OP

sear12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
@Twin Turbo

What would be the earliest time we could get new generation in Europe? Assuming i order it straight away and they have v8 available? Like, when they release it in October 2022, we should be able to make orders straight after it and get it by spring 2023? Or is it too optimistic and delays especially with Europe are more likely? How was it in the past?

I am not sure how i can wait this few months until october to get some news regarding 2023 model and then decide to wait another year for it when i basically want them to take my money straight away. It just looks like 2 years at best possible scenario to get it. I still have to wait one year anyway which is pain but one more will be torture 🙃

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
@Twin Turbo

What would be the earliest time we could get new generation in Europe? Assuming i order it straight away and they have v8 available? Like, when they release it in October 2022, we should be able to make orders straight after it and get it by spring 2023? Or is it too optimistic and delays especially with Europe are more likely? How was it in the past?

I am not sure how i can wait this few months until october to get some news regarding 2023 model and then decide to wait another year for it when i basically want them to take my money straight away. It just looks like 2 years at best possible scenario to get it. I still have to wait one year anyway which is pain but one more will be torture 🙃
Ford UK are rather more organised with the new model years now. When the S550 first launched, some people waited almost a year for their car to arrive in the UK. Now it's between 3 and 6 months as RHD models tend to be built in large batches.

If........and its a big IF (!).....S650 is launched as Job 1 in October 2022, I'd expect it here in the UK within 6 months, tops, assuming you are able to order straight away.

The first month or two from Job 1 (the first full production car off the line) are usually cars built for dealer stock in the US. One reason for this is to ensure any production gremlins are worked out on dealer cars, rather than special order (special order is when a customer orders a car to their exact specification). Just something to bear in mind.

I think the Mach 1 launch is, hopefully, indicative of what we can expect for S650. Revealed (on line) in the US first, with rest of the world confirmation a month or two later. We've also seen RHD Mach 1s being build very early in the production run, so they should get to the UK just a few months after the first US deliveries.

OP
OP

sear12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Ford UK are rather more organised with the new model years now. When the S550 first launched, some people waited almost a year for their car to arrive in the UK. Now it's between 3 and 6 months as RHD models tend to be built in large batches.

If........and its a big IF (!).....S650 is launched as Job 1 in October 2022, I'd expect it here in the UK within 6 months, tops, assuming you are able to order straight away.

The first month or two from Job 1 (the first full production car off the line) are usually cars built for dealer stock in the US. One reason for this is to ensure any production gremlins are worked out on dealer cars, rather than special order (special order is when a customer orders a car to their exact specification). Just something to bear in mind.

I think the Mach 1 launch is, hopefully, indicative of what we can expect for S650. Revealed (on line) in the US first, with rest of the world confirmation a month or two later. We've also seen RHD Mach 1s being build very early in the production run, so they should get to the UK just a few months after the first US deliveries.
@Twin Turbo Thx a lot for that.

I've also read nearly everything in that topics about new gen EV only Mustangs in few years but also the one that says we will have new one in 23'.

That note about refresh in 26' would be on par with latest release by Ford that from 26 there will be only hybryds in Europe and only eletric ones from 30'. We could get v8 only for 3 years in that scenario.

I really dont know, its just few days, but just because there are so many IF's about new gen, release date, if its V8 or only hybryds i think my primary goal will be to wait this few months and order my car as soon as possible to get it as 22MY. And thats it. Then after 3 years i will have a chance to either sell it and get last V8 before 26' or keep it. Hybryd simply wont be an option for me here as there is no way it will have same engine sound :)

Of course we might get some Huge news in upcoming months but doubt it will be crucial ones before September/October 2021 when i have to make that decision.

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
If you want a Mustang in the UK I would get on and order it. There is absolutely no guarantee that the V8 will be around for much longer. Waiting for the next generation one would be a big risk, there may not be a next generation in the UK ! The differences between model years are very small as well, especially in the UK where we get a very limited spec / option availability even compared to Europe (LHD)

OP
OP

sear12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
If you want a Mustang in the UK I would get on and order it. There is absolutely no guarantee that the V8 will be around for much longer. Waiting for the next generation one would be a big risk, there may not be a next generation in the UK ! The differences between model years are very small as well, especially in the UK where we get a very limited spec / option availability even compared to Europe (LHD)

Hey, i will get it in other european country. Problem is that when i spoke with 3 different dealers, 1 said that they cant order one at the moment because delivery time will be unknown, most likely end of the year but he cant guarantee. The other one also said that delivery will be 3/4 Q this year and 3rd one said it will be July. And i also believe that delay is more likely than getting it earlier.

And as mentioned i want to avoid getting car in 4Q with 2021 producion date when i should be able to get it for spring 22 with 22 production date. Thats what i think. Its not like i can get it now. With all options i have to wait anyway.

Dont think that guy who said i will get it in July is telling truth. He didint give me best deal also and believe i will also get it around 4Q. He will simply tell me in July that there is a delay and i have to wait :)

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Hey, i will get it in other european country.
Don't bet on that. If they stop selling it in the UK, they might stop selling it in the rest of Europe as well.
Besides, a European one won't have the steering wheel where you want it.
Also, a new generation might be worse. It might have that stupid stop&start disease, or cylinder deactivation, or some other crap like that.

Last edited:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Hey, i will get it in other european country. Problem is that when i spoke with 3 different dealers, 1 said that they cant order one at the moment because delivery time will be unknown, most likely end of the year but he cant guarantee. The other one also said that delivery will be 3/4 Q this year and 3rd one said it will be July. And i also believe that delay is more likely than getting it earlier.

And as mentioned i want to avoid getting car in 4Q with 2021 producion date when i should be able to get it for spring 22 with 22 production date. Thats what i think. Its not like i can get it now. With all options i have to wait anyway.

Dont think that guy who said i will get it in July is telling truth. He didint give me best deal also and believe i will also get it around 4Q. He will simply tell me in July that there is a delay and i have to wait :)
European orders take 6 months at best anyway. If you ordered now it is not unreasonable to expect the car in September. When I got mine I ordered in September, received it in March.

OP
OP

sear12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Don't bet on that. If they stop selling it in the UK, they might stop selling it in the rest of Europe as well.
Besides, a European one won't have the steering wheel where you want it.
Also, a new generation might be worse. It might have that stupid stop&start disease, or cylinder deactivation, or some other crap like that.
I live on other european country now, i just continued with UK talk as i wanted to mention Uk/Europe as different to Usa and more delays especially with new generation will be here.

I am not planning to get it in other country or get it from Usa. There are basically no used ones after lift with black colour and manual shift here so my only option is to get a new one. There is one black bullitt but yet again i would have to get a new car in 2021 with 2019 production. If i sell it afteer 3 years or so to get it new generation i would be selling 5 years old one.

And i am ready to get one, but as mentioned i cant get it straight away, with all options i have to wait so if i have to wait most probably until end of 2021, its winter anyway so i can wait few months more to get production date 2022 even when its same car as 2021 one.
Sponsored