Sponsored

Manual GT500 plausible in new mustang lineup?

MountainStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
Hey Everyone,

I was recently thinking about the mustang lineup and how there seems to be more of a gap between a Mach 1 and GT500 than I would have initially thought (kinda). Does the possibility of a manual GT500 fix this?

I was thinking if Ford offered a manual GT500 I’m assuming it would be cheaper in comparison to one equipped with a DCT, maybe starting in the 60’s.

What is everyone’s thoughts? I’m sure this has been beat to death, but one who would surely like to see one more manual supercharged v8 from Ford before the end of ICE’s can hope right?
Sponsored

JoeSTi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt500
Hey Everyone,

I was recently thinking about the mustang lineup and how there seems to be more of a gap between a Mach 1 and GT500 than I would have initially thought (kinda). Does the possibility of a manual GT500 fix this?

I was thinking if Ford offered a manual GT500 I’m assuming it would be cheaper in comparison to one equipped with a DCT, maybe starting in the 60’s.

What is everyone’s thoughts? I’m sure this has been beat to death, but one who would surely like to see one more manual supercharged v8 from Ford before the end of ICE’s can hope right?
I highly doubt they offer a manual. The dct is an amazing transmission and makes the car as fast as it is. Would be nice to have options sure but I would still take the dct over the manual.

OP
OP
MountainStang

MountainStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
I think this post is more of speaking to the offering of a manual as a “budget” GT500. Allowing one to pay up for the faster DCT. Hence creating a more staggered mustang line up.

(not specific to any new model year)

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford GT500, 2021 Jeep Trackhawk
I think this post is more of speaking to the offering of a manual as a “budget” GT500. Allowing one to pay up for the faster DCT. Hence creating a more staggered mustang line up.

(not specific to any new model year)
Well, it wasn't offered in 2020. So someone started a thread wondering from 2021 on if it would be, could be offered.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Me thinks the RnD is long finished for this vehicle and now it's about economies of scale for Ford to recoup on that RnD. Therefive, I'd give it a 1/(ten to the sixth) chance of ever seeing a manual. :-)

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Not going to happen......Period

SEERED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500-LOUDMOUTH LIME
My knees hurt just thinking about shifting that much

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
There will be a manual in the GT500, bank on it. It can be found in the glovebox in a faux leather pouch that is made in China.
Sponsored