Mango's Black Bullitt

mangosmoothie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Boolet
April 2021 I picked up this lovely Bullitt, hair over 30k miles at purchase. Was actually looking for a PP1 or PP2 GT with mag ride, but this Bullitt had almost every option available on a premuim. 12 speaker B&O, digital dash, PP1 package, active exhaust, and mag ride. Plus the Gt350 intake/mani/tb. So for the ever so slight extra $ than the PP1's I was seeing.... Seemed like a no brainer to just get the Bullitt. And the PP2 seemed like a waste - I'm not doing frequent trackdays. Maybe one a year for lulz.

I can't leave anything alone so started looking at what I could do. I don't have access to E85 and most of my time is spent around 7,000 feet DA so NA build seemed fruitless. Decided to go FI. I've had some turbo cars and once I changed anything from stock it seemed like I was always stressing over it... WG lines coming off, weird overboost situations, oil drains backing out, etc etc. I'm an idiot mechanic so 99% is user error but I don't think I'm cut out to "daily" an aftermarket turbo car. Decided on procharger since it has a dedicated drive - snip the belt if something goes wrong and I'll get home just fine. Also with AZ heat, seemed like a better option.

Power: Procharger Stage 2 P1X tuner kit and helical gears, Corsa double X res delete, Kooks 1 7/8 LTH with green cats, and palm beach tune on U cal. Made 428 baseline bone stock, 623 on 91 with all that. The shop is 1500 feet so not sure if those numbers are corrected to sea level, but seems in line for what it should be doing.

Handling:
Steeda subframe alignment bushings and bushing support inserts on the way, along with BMR TCA048 vertical links.

Exterior: yet to be installed $20 ebay china quarter louvers

Tires: Currently stock wheels with pirelli pzero all season plus tires up front and 275/40/19 NT555RII rears. Swapping back to the all seasons soon for winter.

Interior: ordered a GT350 center gauge cluster so I can ditch the useless vac gauge for an oil temp gauge. I know it isn't a real temp gauge (calculated by load/coolant temp/pressure/etc) but should be close enough to tell me the oil is warmed up and I can play or too hot and need to stop. My smooth brain can't infer temp from pressure on the fly.

FE605C2A-48E4-47DF-A963-027661FA76AC.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: