Sponsored

Man I'm sick of looking at used Mustangs, taking a break and shop again next week...

Cj4428

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1 Recaros Magnetic, Ford PP3,Corsa catback
So last week while looking at a local dealer website for trucks I saw they had a 2017 mustang GT,base model with performance package and recaros,1400 miles and certified used car in magnetic, priced @ 26,993..I noticed in the picture it had a aftermarket exhaust.
I had a 2015 GT premium with performance package and recaros,before selling the car I removed a few of the modes, gt350 steering wheel,pedal max,jacking rails and catch can, and held on to them because was thinking about ordering a new GT. Talked to salesman and set up a test drive,car was pretty dirty had been sitting on their lot by farm fields since june.Inside was perfect still smelled new,aftermarket exhaust was Corsa sport catback sounds amazing my 15 had a roush axle back which I liked but the Corsa is much better in my opinion.so test drive went well
Didn't really get on it was 20 miles to empty so didn't push it.. Opened the hood when we got back and seen it had a cold air intake installed and missing engine cover?? Wait that's a gt350 intake manifold.. car had Ford power pack 3 installed,then the salesman who took car on trade walked by and was a friend of the previous owner
said it had a Ford performance track suspension installed also, weird remove PP suspension,turns out the guy did some road track days and wanted a little more than the stock PP suspension.
Car also had daul JLT catch cans and a clear bra
Installed in front bumper,half the hood and mirrors. To say the least I became interested in this car very low miles and lots of good stuff all installed by a Ford dealer, remaining warranty and certified used car warranty. Then that night I put 2017 mustang GT in google,what comes up this car listed for sale on this forum last June for $32,000, searched his posts he had gt350R he had before this car only had it for 900 miles!!
Turns out he wanted a different track car so he traded the 17 Gt for a raptor truck,got 30,500 on mustang trade in.. So went back to dealer a few days later and I purchased car, they wanted this car gone as winter is coming fast in MN..
I couldn't be happier with this purchase..
IMG_20181102_140558.jpg
Sponsored

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
That's an insanely good deal, Congrats! The Recaros in the GT are comfortable and awesome. Much better than the stock seats.

Cj4428

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
That's an insanely good deal, Congrats! The Recaros in the GT are comfortable and awesome. Much better than the stock seats.
To me the recaros are a must,I actually like the cloth better than the leather ones I had in my 15

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
To me the recaros are a must,I actually like the cloth better than the leather ones I had in my 15
Never tried the leather ones but had the cloth ones in my '15 GT. But I believe you. I prefer cloth anyway. But agreed the cloth Recaros are superb!

v guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RP
Vehicle(s)
99 SVT
I also just found a new leftover, '17 standard, with PP1 and Recaros. Must have been a late '17 build in the summer of '17, so it is about a year old. They are asking $31,000; has full 3 yr/36,000 warranty.

I can get a new '19 standard for the same price, with no PP1 or recaros.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Cj4428

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
I also just found a new leftover, '17 standard, with PP1 and Recaros. Must have been a late '17 build in the summer of '18, so it is about a year old. They are asking $31,000; has full 3 yr/36,000 warranty.

I would think if a dealer had a new 17 they would be very willing to negotiate and get it gone..
Dealers are putting big discounts on the 18's they have left as the 19's are coming in. I would think you could probably get that 17 for about $28,000
If not I would pass and search for a 18 base car with Performance package automatic car with recaros could probably be found in the low 30's.
Good luck with your search hope you find what you are looking for at a great price!!

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I also just found a new leftover, '17 standard, with PP1 and Recaros. Must have been a late '17 build in the summer of '18, so it is about a year old. They are asking $31,000; has full 3 yr/36,000 warranty.

I’d jump on that 17.

Kennyboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Turbo S
I share your pain. Most of the local dealers here in South Fl won't even quote you a price, but yet they will send you dozens of emails saying nothing that I want to hear. All programmed canned shit with phony names. I don't give out my cell until I know I am buying. I am taking my time and it will happen.

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
Hit me up, lightning blue ceramic coated paint and rims, 12 k miles, 401a equipped, 18 GT, STOCK engine never tuned, bmr cb05, p51 wheels(19 x10-19-11) Michelin mpss staggered 275, 305, lowered on cjpp springs, professional caliper paint, leather with blue contrasting stitching, never wrecked. 35900.00
0388D4D9-ED3A-4B9C-820C-34ED17418F23.jpeg

JimsFury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT (Grabber Lime), 1996 Ford Ranger
Would you say that it's worth spending the extra several thousand over used to get a new Mustang?

Sorry late to reply....But if I was you and could afford to go new somehow then I would.

Sponsored

Party Rock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Sorry late to reply....But if I was you and could afford to go new somehow then I would.
Yea, I have decided that it's best to buy a new Mustang GT. Now I'm just trying to find the best deal in my area. I'm thinking on making a purchase on either Black Friday or the end of this month.

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 401A with Active Exhaust
I have been looking at trading in my GTI to get into another Mustang, I had previously owned a 2015 GT base with PP, some nice bolt-ons, etc but the base infotainment and lack of carplay, sat radio, and leather seats pushed me into something more comfy for commuting. Now that I drive less for work I want to get into another one and going to buy a nice used model with premium and performance package if I can find it. Lots of options under $27k at local dealers but the quality of the cars is vastly different and the dealers seem blind to what the market is on these.

Over the last 3-4 weeks of casual browsing and inquiring on autotrader and cargurus I have seen the same cars sit for weeks at the dealers, one in particular was on cargurus for 45 days before I went to see it. They fall into 3 categories so far...
-Car looks great in pictures and seems to check out until you see them in person and realize every piece of sheet metal has a scratch with crappy touch up or highway dings all over the front, etc.
-Car looks great in person but drives janky because the previous owner bounced it off the rev limiter at every stoplight. I've driven two cars that was clearly needing repair, one with a CEL on the test drive.
-Lastly is the cars that push the limits of what can legally be sold. In my state we have emission/safety testing and as far as I know a dealer can't sell you a car that can't pass those test. So how the hell can a dealer sell a car with no catalytic convertors or mufflers, CEL's that they claim will go off eventually because the car has an intake that requires tune on it but they flashed it back to oem to certify the car.

I was so tired of the bullshit from Ford dealers selling Certified cars Saturday afternoon I just couldn't take it anymore and snapped at the sales manager that was thanking me for coming by and wanted to know how to earn my business. I had come in to see a 2017 with aftermarket wheels and a slightly lower ride height but was labeled online, and still is, as a Ford CPO car. When I got there I checked out the car, got on the ground and can see the sway bars were aftermarket, crappy welded exhaust with no mufflers or resonator, intake requiring a tune, and lowering springs on stock shocks that should keep this car from being CPO'd by Ford. When I asked if they were going to reduce the price by the $1,495 for the certified warranty because of the aftermarket parts they told me the price didn't include that and it was non-negotiable on the price. When I brought up the autotrader add on my phone to show them what it said they claimed that the car "could" be certified if I negotiated it into the deal. I decided to play along and see how far we could take this so I insisted we walk back to the service and finance guy that handles the Ford certification process, we met with a guy in finance and he confirmed that the car couldn't be certified with all those parts on the car but I could buy an aftermarket warranty. When I told him that would likely be voided by the mods as well and then pointed out that the cats had been removed they said it would need to go in the shop before they could sell it.

What the hell is wrong with these Ford dealers, am I wrong for expecting them to at least put a car up on the lift before claiming CPO and putting up for sale?

One huge dealer I went to Saturday is apparently really big on buying branded title lemon/buybacks from Ford and putting them on the lot. Their adds say nothing online and the only thing you have to indicate it is if you look at the Carfax. These cars were priced just as a normal title car would be, grossly overpriced for a branded title car in my opinion, so any normal person walking up to the largest volume Ford dealer in the area would assume this $27k 2015 mustang gt with performance and premium package that looks great and drives great must be good to go, why else would this huge Ford dealer put it on the front of their lot right?

So I am taking a hiatus for a few days, no autotrader, no cargurus, I'm just going to wait until Friday evening and update the search engine to see if anything decent comes up at a dealer within 100 miles of my house.
any particular cars I should avoid looking at? i'm in the same boat as you around DFW but I haven't actually went to look yet. I'm looking for an A6 car though not a stick. sometimes it seems those are more of an old man car so not as abused but I know what you mean for sure

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
2014 BIW CJ-style roller with other components

$22,500 OBO

Ford Racing BIW kit with full CJ prep by Watson Engineering with lightening package
Profesionally Painted Oxford White inside and out
CJ wiring harnesses included
Various BIW completion components included, interior panels, trim panels, glass, lights, dash, etc
2008 style CJ rear end
Strange Coil Overs
2008 Style Bogart Front Wheels
Upgraded suspension links (BMR)

For further information and inquires, please contact (313) 561-5500
cj1.jpg
cj4.jpg
cj8.jpg
cj11.jpg
cj12.jpg
cj13.jpg
Sponsored