Sponsored

Man I'm sick of looking at used Mustangs, taking a break and shop again next week...

Stolen 98

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2016 F150 XL
I just picked up my used S550 on Saturday... Drove 250mi to buy it.

2017 GT base. 6r80, with 3.55 gear, black accent package. 1620miles, $27999.99

One warning...Make sure it comes with 2 key remotes. Mine only came with one and to get a second I was quoted $295+tax.
Sponsored

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Yes there are tax savings trading a car in, but the purchase price in a private sale should be lower so its a wash.
Not in Missouri and many states that treat a titled vehicle buy-sell similar to a trade-in for tax purposes.

RedRyan98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Not in Missouri and many states that treat a titled vehicle buy-sell similar to a trade-in for tax purposes.
Correct, many states don't but I was referring to OPs comment where he said his state does.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
I get it madsedan, I've been looking for a pre-owned in my area also. Most are priced to the point I may as well buy new.

Also, you said it in your post. Dealers do what they do because a normal buyer doesn't look at the little things. They come in, drive the car, like it, and buy it if the financing is right. They very seldom run into an informed buyer like you, so they are ahead of the game. Good luck in your search, I've completely given up. I'm just gonna keep driving my old '06 GT, and be happy, happy, happy.

brpec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4WD
Here in Atlanta dealers are giving close to 10k off msrp over new mustangs. You can get a new one with a premium for a really good price.

Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Here in Atlanta dealers are giving over 10k off msrp over new mustangs. You can get a new one with a premium for a really good price.
+1 Also check Koons Ford. I’m getting over 10k off my 18’ I’m picking up On Friday. I’ll be driving up with my trade. No dealers in my area have what I wanted and they don’t have the discounts Koons offer.

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
+1 Also check Koons Ford. I’m getting over 10k off my 18’ I’m picking up On Friday. I’ll be driving up with my trade. No dealers in my area have what I wanted and they don’t have the discounts Koons offer.
Got mine from Koons. Had to heckle my trade-in price but the price I got on the '18 with Perf Pack was crazy.

carlg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
I'll sell you mine for $30K. Full Steeda suspension and custom tune. Plenty of tiny rock chips because Ford's paint is garbage. No certification, no warranty. Premium package with Shaker. Trunk carpet is dirty because I use it. Will go faster around a road course than you can. I'll even throw in both keys! :)
Very interesting point. I noticed I'm getting a ton of rock chips in my 2016 GT. Do you think if I had another car, say Challenger or Camaro, that there would be less paint chips (considering I drove the same roads)? For me, the car looking good is more important than how fast I can go. So the gazillion chips disappoints me. I've always figured most manufacturers today were on about the same page as paint quality is concerned, but maybe I'm wrong. I thought paint was something everyone mastered in like 1992.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Very interesting point. I noticed I'm getting a ton of rock chips in my 2016 GT. Do you think if I had another car, say Challenger or Camaro, that there would be less paint chips (considering I drove the same roads)? For me, the car looking good is more important than how fast I can go. So the gazillion chips disappoints me. I've always figured most manufacturers today were on about the same page as paint quality is concerned, but maybe I'm wrong. I thought paint was something everyone mastered in like 1992.
Driving the same roads as I did with my Corolla, I've got a lot more chips in the Mustang. The paint is pretty thin. I don't know if the Camaro or Challenger are better, but the Mustang is definitely not the standard of top tier paint.

Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got mine from Koons. Had to heckle my trade-in price but the price I got on the '18 with Perf Pack was crazy.
Yes. I’m getting all things I was looking for 10 speed auto, performance pack, magne ride, active exhaust in cloth seats. Things it’s coming with and I could of done without is the navigation and security package. I wish I could of gotten royal crimson since it was only offered on the 18’s but is not offered on 19’s. I love that color.

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes. I’m getting all things I was looking for 10 speed auto, performance pack, magne ride, active exhaust in cloth seats. Things it’s coming with and I could of done without is the navigation and security package. I wish I could of gotten royal crimson since it was only offered on the 18’s but is not offered on 19’s. I love that color.
Yeah, I got stuck with the Nav and security package too even though I love my Garmin and didn't need the security. And it's funny that you mention that as well as the Crimson. I so wanted the Crimson and found one at a dealer in Jersey with P-Pack, Magneride, active exhaust, something else I can't remember. Got everything negotiated out, was set to drive down there, sent them an email and left a voicemail asking for final confirmation.....

And didn't hear back for 3 days. Finally one of them shoots me an email "That vehicle is no longer available. Is there anything else we can help you with?" I was livid. Folks at Koons set aside the car I wanted before I even secured the loan. Happy with the silver though. There's more room for cosmetic modifications with a baser color than the Crimson, and it'll hide dirt and scratches better. Every little thing showed up on my '15 DIB.

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Driving the same roads as I did with my Corolla, I've got a lot more chips in the Mustang. The paint is pretty thin. I don't know if the Camaro or Challenger are better, but the Mustang is definitely not the standard of top tier paint.
Ugh, no. It's definitely not. I had my Roush fascia on the '15 for almost 2 years and it looked pretty horrible up close. That's why I got full paint protection film on the new car. It's almost mandatory if you daily it in traffic. These things get chewed up.

mustanghammer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
When I started shopping for the car I have now (2017 GT) I looked at used and new at the same time. What I discovered is that low mileage used GTs were selling for the same price as a discounted new 2017 GTs. Yes I was taking advantage of the fact that the 2018s were hitting the dealers and that Ford was offering incentives on the left over 2017s but no matter how I did the math, a new Mustang was a better deal financially. Especially when you factor interest rates (I got 0%).

Around my part of the country, It has been my experience that small town dealers will discount Mustangs before the big city dealers. So I searched small town dealers in a 300 radius from the Kansas City area. The car I bought was in Republic MO. Also I determined that the dealers will list different prices on their own website that is sometimes lower than what is on Gurus, Cars.com, etc.

I was looking around the other day on Gurus and the new vs used deal still seems to be the case. In fact, I was surprised to see that there is a dealer in Branson Mo (Tri Lakes) and one in Parsons Ks that still have NEW 2017 mustang GTs on their lot. I bet they would want to deal.....

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I got stuck with the Nav and security package too even though I love my Garmin and didn't need the security. And it's funny that you mention that as well as the Crimson. I so wanted the Crimson and found one at a dealer in Jersey with P-Pack, Magneride, active exhaust, something else I can't remember. Got everything negotiated out, was set to drive down there, sent them an email and left a voicemail asking for final confirmation.....

And didn't hear back for 3 days. Finally one of them shoots me an email "That vehicle is no longer available. Is there anything else we can help you with?" I was livid. Folks at Koons set aside the car I wanted before I even secured the loan. Happy with the silver though. There's more room for cosmetic modifications with a baser color than the Crimson, and it'll hide dirt and scratches better. Every little thing showed up on my '15 DIB.
Yea they set my car aside before I secured my financing which I just got done yesterday. Same as you I chose the Ingot silver. They have the exact car as mine in Kona blue. I’m not a fan of blue but it still looks killer.
Sponsored

Last edited: