Man I messed up. Made a bad Xpel decision. My fault entirely

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
I decided to install Xpel on the front of the brides Mustang after (yeah, I was to late) a rock hit the hood. After talking with the installer (great guy) he gave two options, partial hood, fenders, complete bumper, and full hood, fenders, and complete bumper (that he recommended). Well as you guessed by now I went with the partial install. We went to pick it up today, and the bride was now happy at all. On the Ruby Red the lines were just too obvious. From 20 foot you couldn't see them, but up closer they stood out like a sore thumb. I'm taking it back next week, and have it all redone with the full coverage. If only I would have listened to him, but noooooooooooooooo.

My reason for posting this is to advise anyone with a darker color car to be mindful of my mistake if you decide on Xpel. It's not a cheap mistake to make. The installer did say that on light colors the lines are all but invisible.
Sponsored

Jiki05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Yeah on my deep impact blue you can hardly see it unless you were actually really up close.

OP
OP
wanted33

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Yeah on my deep impact blue you can hardly see it unless you were actually really up close.
I'm giving the wife a few days to see if she will be alright with hers, but if not I'll take care of it. Happy wife, happy life.......you know it's true. :)

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Fix it. Have it all removed and cleaned up. If you still want it have it fully done.

But definitely don’t let it go as there will definitely be resentment. I know I’d be absolutely pissed.

Do the right thing.

OP
OP
wanted33

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I'm giving the wife a few days to see if she will be alright with hers, but if not I'll take care of it. Happy wife, happy life.......you know it's true. :)
If she wears glasses or contacts, try switching prescription without her knowing.

OP
OP
wanted33

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
Had mine done, hood and fenders, all wrapped around the edges where they can be. seamless look, I cant see the bra really unless I get on knees and go look for it.

paul_g

Yup, old post but I'll chime in. On both my Stangs, I have full frontal's of Suntek Ultra... I had a partial on one of the Stangs, it was hell to remove, but got a full installed.
One of my customers has an Audi R8 V10 that is 100% PPF.... LOL. I've toyed with that idea for my new GT/CS, but... too much $$$, life is too short and cars are meant to be driven and get road-patina. :)
Sponsored