Sponsored

Making Speedo/Tach Cluster Show Boost with GT V8

Crumpler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP DIB SC
I own mulitple boosted GT's. 2 have roush 670 kits. One shows boost on the main cluster center screen the other shows just vacuum. Anyone know how or why boost shows on my 15, but not the 16?

eeRpmY.jpg

(yes it shows boost under boost)
B9b00H.jpg

zHZRCb.jpg
Sponsored

WestCyril

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 5.0
boos/vacuum gauge was only on 15. No other model has it. Just like 16s only have turn signals in the vents. Just things ford randomly includes and removes with different years.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
I have a 15 GT PP and I've never seen either of those readouts.

tsloms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic PP
I have a 15 GT PP and I've never seen either of those readouts.
With the Performance Package they removed it from the dash and added that vacuum gauge to the center of the dash. It can't be viewed between the gauges.

OP
OP
Crumpler

Crumpler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP DIB SC
Maybe it's a 2015 thing? For record I purchased a brand new pp 2016 gt and installed a roush/ford 670 supercharger. The 2016 pp did for sure have the vacuum gauge in the speedo cluster as well as the mechanical looking gauge above the radio. After downloading the roush tune, the digital gauge still read vacuum only. (of coarse the mechanical looking gauge could not show boost). Side note: if you buy the gauge pair for an eco-boost that has vacuum and boost, it is a direct plug in and will show boost (at least on a 2016). I know this because it did it. I have had 4 supercharged gen 6 cars. one PP. all have the vacuum gauge in the speedo cluster. The picture showing boost that I put in the first post is a car I own that is a roush superchared v8 gt 2015 showing boost.

Sponsored

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
I have a 15 and i have it, but i never use it...most inaccurate gauge I have seen. Same goes for the PP ecoboost gauge, I have heard (no experience) that it is just as bad...

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
With the Performance Package they removed it from the dash and added that vacuum gauge to the center of the dash. It can't be viewed between the gauges.
Lame. The analog vacuum gauge is completely useless.

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
i have a 15 auto and i use it just to know when the car is in boost or not (mpg and stuff). mine reads 9-10psi but im pullied for 12.

OP
OP
Crumpler

Crumpler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP DIB SC
i have a 15 auto and i use it just to know when the car is in boost or not (mpg and stuff). mine reads 9-10psi but im pullied for 12.

Yea, same here just using it as a guide. And for the PP analog looking gauge, I installed it just for looks. Sounds like maybe 2015 only show the boost.

Jaehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
boost gauge doesn't work, even the ecoboost ones. it's just a calculated value, if it was a real reading it'd show up on the dataloggers..

Sponsored
OP
OP
Crumpler

Crumpler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP DIB SC
They are definitely not accurate. But, I wonder if they are precise. (same readings giving same circumstance every time)

Marvinmadman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EBM
boost gauge doesn't work, even the ecoboost ones. it's just a calculated value, if it was a real reading it'd show up on the dataloggers..
My gauge is pretty accurate. My boost shows up in my logs. I'm not surprised as the ecoboost has MAP sensors. :shrug:

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
They use load algorithm to calculate boost as I understand it. Not going to match up with actual boost a majority of the time. Even those of us with all Lund tunes and similar boost have drastically different load values.