Making Recaro seats more comfortable

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Has anyone modified their Recaros for improved comfort? I find them to be fine in seat bottom but too tight on the sides, they push on my rib cage and I'm constantly leaning forward in the seat to get a little relief for a second or two. I have a couple of ideas for how to adjust this but was interested in hearing if anyone else had tried anything.
Sponsored

SoFla2016PP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP M6
Following...

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
Yeah, driver weight reduction mod?

LOL, but seriously, I like the Recaros, but I know the exact feeling you're describing. I don't know how I'd like them on an all day drive.

They really grab ya in the riblets.

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
I'm 6'2" 170 and the side bolsters are right there in my torso and thighs. The factory Recaros are definitely built with the super slim in mind.

Sponsored

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I love my recaro’s and I weigh more than op but it’s all about what you’re looking for. They’re glorious in the comfort category when compared to the gt350 recaro’s if you’re a bigger fella. But like you mentioned, modifying the bolsters seems like your best bet. I thought the stock seats held me in fairly well for being designed for comfort. But the recaro’s were just what I was looking for for a car that isn’t a daily, but is still frequently driven

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
I love my recaro’s and I weigh more than op but it’s all about what you’re looking for. They’re glorious in the comfort category when compared to the gt350 recaro’s if you’re a bigger fella.
I thought the GT350 Recaro bolsters looked a little sharper than the GT Recaros but I wasn't sure.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Has anyone modified their Recaros for improved comfort? I find them to be fine in seat bottom but too tight on the sides, they push on my rib cage and I'm constantly leaning forward in the seat to get a little relief for a second or two. I have a couple of ideas for how to adjust this but was interested in hearing if anyone else had tried anything.

Yea, trade them for non Recaro!! I feel the non Recaro seat was more comfortable due to what you just said. Had the same issue with my FiST that had the Recaro's. It made me wish I got a non Recaro car. My E92 M3 you could electronically adjust the bolsters for a more loose fit, or cinch them down when you want to be a hooligan.

I'm your size MIke, 5'10" 185lbs exactly. I feel like anything over a 42" chest and your rib cage gets pushed sometimes.

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Yea, trade them for non Recaro!! I feel the non Recaro seat was more comfortable due to what you just said. Had the same issue with my FiST that had the Recaro's. My E92 M3 you could electronically adjust the bolsters for a more loose fit, or cinch them down when you want to be a hooligan.

I'm you size MIke, 5'10" 185lbs exactly. I feel like anything over a 42" chest and your rib cage gets pushed sometimes.
Ha Dave I actually traded stock seats for these and don’t regret it, feeling good about this mod idea but we’ll see.

Sponsored

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I thought the GT350 Recaro bolsters looked a little sharper than the GT Recaros but I wasn't sure.
I had found a set for sale on here a while back for a decent deal and decided go test drive a recaro equipped gt350 in my area to get a feel for the seats felt. I test drove the car for 30 mins and I felt like those kids the jocks used to shove into the trash cans at school. It was tight, but to be fair, I could stand to lose a pound or 30. I don’t think they’re necessarily uncomfortable as a lot of guys on here really like them. But for someone my size (5’11” 210lbs), it’s a bit of a tight fit. Which is why I went for the standard gt recaro’s and I don’t regret it one bit

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ha Dave I actually traded stock seats for these and don’t regret it, feeling good about this mod idea but we’ll see.
I think if you take it slow and trim away little by little, you’ll be fine. I’d only be concerned with trimming away too much to the point of the bolsters losing their “holding”abilities. But that would obviously depend on how important that is to you

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 F150 3.5EB FX4
No issues with my recaros until I broke a rib 2 weeks ago (I was dumb and was standing on a chair). Now I can barely drive my mustang more than 15 minutes.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Not just sharper, but narrower. The GT Recaros are much more comfortable for the average American male.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
You could possibly bring them to a good upholstery guy and have them modify them to your liking. They are racing seats, they are not meant to be comfy. They are designed to keep you from moving by hugging you.
Sponsored