Making Light of Your Back License Plate

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
So, I found a simple simple simple mod on YouTube and thought I'd share it. It is a replacement of the rear plate lights.

First, here is the link to the light being installed and shown "in action" : Canadian Cruisin' Plate Light

And here is the part of you want to pick it up: Morimoto at Steeda

Have fun!
Sponsored

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
To save you from having to listen to a bunch of drivel the info is at the 8:00 mark. This is not for me. I don't want my tag to stick out like a sore thumb.

Sponsored

OP
OP
hbash

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
How many horses does this add?

hbash, you might like these? 😁

19587768-custom-interior-lighting-dsc_0052-smaller.jpg

original.jpg

160590261b5984c23d5374876f8a2dad.jpg
Lol.

I would think those who’ve tauted their custom plates just might want them to be seen a bit more clearly.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
True, I can imagine some license plates may be interesting to other people than just the police.

dybbsmjvaaayiie.jpg

Sponsored

docday64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG, M1333 Mach 1, 2013 Taurus SHO PP
I will keep it on topic by discussing the rear license plate but with a slight deviation with respect to mounting your rear plate. The dealer had drilled 2 small holes inside the "donut" areas at the top for the top plate screws, and that is what was used for the paper tag to get vehicle back home to different state. When I installed my Alabama state issued tag, constructed of some kind of plastic laminate sheet type stuff, the bottom of the plate pulls up and away from the bumper. Anyone else have this issue? I thought about bringing plate to work and putting it in a sheet metal brake and putting a slight bend around an inch down or so from the top. Or should I be using 4 screws to hold it down in place?

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
I will keep it on topic by discussing the rear license plate but with a slight deviation with respect to mounting your rear plate. The dealer had drilled 2 small holes inside the "donut" areas at the top for the top plate screws, and that is what was used for the paper tag to get vehicle back home to different state. When I installed my Alabama state issued tag, constructed of some kind of plastic laminate sheet type stuff, the bottom of the plate pulls up and away from the bumper. Anyone else have this issue? I thought about bringing plate to work and putting it in a sheet metal brake and putting a slight bend around an inch down or so from the top. Or should I be using 4 screws to hold it down in place?
Are you using a metal license plate frame? There is no need for 4 screws when using a frame as a stiffener.

OP
OP
hbash

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Are you using a metal license plate frame? There is no need for 4 screws when using a frame as a stiffener.
I am using a license plate frame from Ford Performance. The placement of my plate with the frame is okay. However, as it only had the two top screws, I added a 2x8 inch piece of rubber which I stuck to the plate using a 3M double sided tape.

Here are the parts on Amazon if you're interested:

Amazon Rubba

Amazon 3M Sticky

The only question is, did your dealer drill those top holes and too low? I thought the car came with those holes pre-drilled (don't know though).
Sponsored