Sponsored

Making Light of Your Back License Plate

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
I am using a license plate frame from Ford Performance. The placement of my plate with the frame is okay. However, as it only had the two top screws, I added a 2x8 inch piece of rubber which I stuck to the plate using a 3M double sided tape.

Here are the parts on Amazon if you're interested:

Amazon Rubba

Amazon 3M Sticky

The only question is, did your dealer drill those top holes and too low? I thought the car came with those holes pre-drilled (don't know though).
Since a back plate is a 50 state requirement the car comes with threaded holes so no idea why any drilling would be required.
Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Since a back plate is a 50 state requirement the car comes with threaded holes so no idea why any drilling would be required.
My car didn’t have threaded holes. I drilled pilot holes and used self tapping screws to mount my plate. There are the 2 raised circular pads for where to drill but Ford leaves that up to the dealer, or customer in my case

OP
OP
hbash

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Not according to Atlas1... the mystery thickens.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Not according to Atlas1... the mystery thickens.
I asked the dealer not to drill the holes for the rear so I could do it myself. Ford supplies 2 self tapping screws for the rear plate. I didn’t use their screws because my plate frame came with a nicer looking set but they were also self tapping.