Sponsored

Make your voices heard

• Thread starter Deleted member 35644
  • Start date
  • Watchers 6
OP
OP

Deleted member 35644

Thankfully it didn't turn out as badly as it could have. Dropped it off at 7:00 a.m. monday, picked it up at 5:00 tonight. I'm guessing somebody took one look at the symptoms on the work order, knew exactly what the problem was, and jumped me ahead of the more serious cases.

Transmission control reflash.

I'm grateful that they got it done quicker than anticipated, but if I'm to be honest, this shouldn't have taken 4 days.

Keeping her for now, partly because I do love her, partly because of the fleecing that dealerships are inflicting for a new car.

No more problems, please. The dealerships are not up to the task.
Sponsored

spedy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang coupe, 2023 GT
Soley making a statement based off OP's original post - transmission techs are hard to come by. Even though we could use more, even I wouldn't touch them without proper training, which is probably why we only have one (senior master) auto trans tech with 2 trainees. While we are swamped, it seems like DPS6, 10R60/80, 10R140, and 6R80 issues are holding them up for at least a half a week or more. If a trans needs a rebuild, it isn't quick either lol. While it sucks, patience is a virtue - see if a loaner or rental can be provided.

We were a small-ish town, we have been absolutely :curse:ing swamped recently. With Dallas being a main big city...I would have no doubt they are backed up.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I truly believe that the 10r80 transmission is fundamentally flawed.
I think it is Fords software. I rented a camaro with GM's 10 speed and it was fine. Same trans.

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80 w/ FP Tune
Thankfully it didn't turn out as badly as it could have. Dropped it off at 7:00 a.m. monday, picked it up at 5:00 tonight. I'm guessing somebody took one look at the symptoms on the work order, knew exactly what the problem was, and jumped me ahead of the more serious cases.

Transmission control reflash.

I'm grateful that they got it done quicker than anticipated, but if I'm to be honest, this shouldn't have taken 4 days.

Keeping her for now, partly because I do love her, partly because of the fleecing that dealerships are inflicting for a new car.

No more problems, please. The dealerships are not up to the task.
I am glad the update worked for you

OP
OP

Deleted member 35644

I think it is Fords software. I rented a camaro with GM's 10 speed and it was fine. Same trans.
I read all the time that this transmission is smooth as silk in the F150 and Silverado. My mother-in-law's F150 drove great for me. Why Ford had to jack it up in the Mustang is anyone's guess.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I read all the time that this transmission is smooth as silk in the F150 and Silverado. My mother-in-law's F150 drove great for me. Why Ford had to jack it up in the Mustang is anyone's guess.
They did it to match the torque curve and the driving dynamics of the Coyote in a two door coupe vs. a pickup truck.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Not so much in my F150 with the 5.0, strange and abrupt shifting at lower speeds. And when it's cold out (below freezing), it's like it slips into neutral the first time it shifts up but is fine after. It's great fully warmed up and running it hard. I've mentioned it during the last couple of unwanted trips to the dealer, but nothing has been done. Just another gripe with this vehicle.
Sponsored