Sponsored

Make your voices heard

• Thread starter Deleted member 35644
  • Start date
  • Watchers 6

Deleted member 35644

Guys, I find myself in a difficult situation with the transmission in this car. 2 local dealerships are telling me that I will need to drop the car off and let it set there between 7 days and 2.5 weeks before someone will look at it. I hung up with them and called Ford customer relations and opened a case. In the beginning of the call, my representative believed that she would be able to call the dealership and at least get it worked out where I can take them the car when they're ready to actually work on it, as she found it absurd that they want me to drop it off and let it sit for 2 weeks. The dealership basically shut her down with the excuse that they are short on transmission technicians. I know I am not the only one facing a situation like this. If you're having similar issues getting your car worked on, be sure to let Ford be made aware of your situation. They can't fix anything unless they know. I don't know what their plan of action is or if they even have one, but numbers make a difference when you start receiving thousands of complaints about the same issue. It is high time Ford started applying pressure to these dealerships to get their shit in line, or get out. But that starts with the community of car and truck owners that are directly impacted by this ridiculous situation.

I'm asking that you contact Ford any time you face an egregious waiting period to get your car fixed. Squeaky wheels eventually get greased if the noise is deafening.
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I wonder if Ford has technicians on standby ready to deploy to different parts of the country in response to the technician shortage. Probably not :cwl: . More likely, they may partner with another subcontractor to help. Hopefully youā€™ll get fixed up soon. Everything is different now. Biggest problem is being without a car, but for some, just leaving your car at a dealer for weeks just waiting isnā€™t good. At that point they need outside help.

Last edited:

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Did you ask for a loaner, at their cost, while your car sits for 7 days to 2.5 weeks until some can look at it? I too don't understand the scheduling issue, why can't the dealership let you know the day before so you can drop it off then? Seems crazy to me.

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80 w/ FP Tune
It is absolutely true that they do not have the technicians needed. Especially for the transmission. I have been dealing with harsh downshifts for almost a year now. It took 6 months to get them to actually "do" something about it. The local Ford transmission techs were indeed weeks behind. I speculate that they have a serious problem with the 10R80 and are keeping a good lid on on.

I had to wait a long time, but at least they allowed me to keep my car till my appointment - which only took 2 days to do a valve body rework. Which only gave me minor improvements.

I truly believe that the 10r80 transmission is fundamentally flawed.

OP
OP

Deleted member 35644

Facebook interaction ( worthless script reader)

Screenshot_20220805-101147-873.png

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I truly believe that the 10r80 transmission is fundamentally flawed.
Without any substantiation this is a flawed comment. There are thousands of 10R80's out there. Yes there are going to be issues with some as it is a mechanical item. But there have been many posts on here praising the performance of the 10R80, mine included. So unless you actually have some proof that the is a fundamental issue with the 10R80 please refrain from making such comments.

OP
OP

Deleted member 35644

While "fundamentally flawed" may be a bit of overkill, I think it's a little more than coincidental that I've had two of them do this to me. As a consumer who has had two in a row with problems, it's hard not to feel like there may be a design / software issue lurking.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
While "fundamentally flawed" may be a bit of overkill, I think it's a little more than coincidental that I've had two of them do this to me. As a consumer who has had two in a row with problems, it's hard not to feel like there may be a design / software issue lurking.
It's called MFS. Multiple Failure Syndrome. I used to see this in the consumer electronics industry all the time. A customer gets a bad product, then a second, maybe even a third. The products were legitimately defective but no root cause could be found for the multiple failures. It truly sucks but sometimes It just happens.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Without any substantiation this is a flawed comment. There are thousands of 10R80's out there. Yes there are going to be issues with some as it is a mechanical item. But there have been many posts on here praising the performance of the 10R80, mine included. So unless you actually have some proof that the is a fundamental issue with the 10R80 please refrain from making such comments.
Itā€™s really difficult to dispute or discount anotherā€™s belief. If someone believes something thatā€™s what they believe. Whether their belief is justified to others is another matter. Anything else is called censorship.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Itā€™s really difficult to dispute or discount anotherā€™s belief. If someone believes something thatā€™s what they believe.
No one is questioning whether or not someone can believe something. I get that. But this is a car forum, not a religious or political one (well sometimes :giggle: ). Make an unqualified statement like that and expect to get pushback.

Sponsored

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80 w/ FP Tune
here are thousands of 10R80's out there. Yes there are going to be issues with some as it is a mechanical item. But there have been many posts
Yes, yes, I know you are right. But I have been dealing with problems with these transmissions for almost a year now. All of my experience says there is a big issue. Plus that the fact that my local Ford dealers are several weeks backed logged on transmission issues.

Maybe. But I don't believe in coincidences.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Yes, yes, I know you are right. But I have been dealing with problems with these transmissions for almost a year now. All of my experience says there is a big issue. Plus that the fact that my local Ford dealers are several weeks backed logged on transmission issues.

Maybe. But I don't believe in coincidences.
I hear you Ben and I hope you are able to get your issues resolved. Stay on your dealer and Ford until you are happy. You deserve to enjoy your car.

OP
OP

Deleted member 35644

My appointment to have this transmission looked at is tomorrow morning. I decided to create a Plan B for when Rockwall Ford says I need to leave it with them and they'll look at it in 2 weeks. Plan B is pictured below. I'm officially tired of dicking with these transmissions. I've slept on it, talked with friends and family about it, and I feel no better about this situation today.

The only hope of me keeping this car is Rockwall Ford coughing up a reasonable repair solution. I'm not optimistic, but you never can tell what may happen.

Screenshot_20220807-125639-067.png

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
I had a similar situation about 9 or 10 years ago with my 2010 XC70. Volvo said they would need the car for 3 - 4 weeks. The difference is that they gave me a brand new car as loaner with no questions asked (and with none of the stupid "Courtesy Car" stickers that some dealers use). So I had no complaints.

Ford is having a good run in the stock market right now, but they are starting to get called out by the street on quality and customer service issues (because they need to carry a pretty big reserve to deal with the problems). The phrase now is "Quality is Problem No 1 at Ford". When this starts hitting their stock prices, Ford will act.

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I'd complain, but my 2019 Mustang has a perfect 3+ year record.
Sponsored