SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
Hey guys, about 3 months back I opted for a set of 3" cat deletes over some Stainless Power LTH's and now I'm wondering if I made the right choice. When I hear other 5.0's equipped with LTH's and Corsa Xtremes, I notice that the tone of their cars is much more "violent" for lack of a better word. It snaps and pops more, not to mention that I was told by a local member that my Corsa Xtreme and MAK combo was quieter than his former Kooks LTH and Corsa combo. Is there anyway to make my current exhaust set-up have more decel pop and such or would I be better off selling my current cat-back for another?

Side note - I also heard that cat deletes produce less torque down low than LTH's do. I don't have any dyno sheets to compare but I can attest to the fact that my car doesn't really come alive until ~4k rpm.

The odd thing is that I've pulled on comparable PP S550's with LTH's and otherwise the same mods as my car. So am I really any slower/quieter with the cat deletes, or is it all in my head?!
Sponsored

boxstang40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 lx hatch
First off i dont have an s550, however i am interested in some feedback also. I have been told cat deletes are worth nearly as much as headers. Thing is, of all the vids ive watched the ones with headers sound killer. I also see the value in just doing cat deletes as you have. :cheers:

w3bb3r04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
From my experiences sound wise the catdeletes are louder but longtubes have a better high pitched tone from moving the collector. Yshould gain a little more power with longtubes but on an NA set up its probably only 10hp.

Side note: Decel pop can be attributed to the tune as well. Some tuners turn the injectors off sooner than others. That's why the factory tune has that hang in it when you let off the gas.

OP
OP
SD_GT

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
First off i dont have an s550, however i am interested in some feedback also. I have been told cat deletes are worth nearly as much as headers. Thing is, of all the vids ive watched the ones with headers sound killer. I also see the value in just doing cat deletes as you have. :cheers:
Exactly. I've been told that the power difference is 5-10hp and imo that doesn't justify the massive price difference between the two. But the sound is what kills me! I never thought I'd say it, but my exhaust set-up actually sounds tame to me now. :eyebulge:

From my experiences sound wise the catdeletes are louder but longtubes have a better high pitched tone from moving the collector. Yshould gain a little more power with longtubes but on an NA set up its probably only 10hp.

Side note: Decel pop can be attributed to the tune as well. Some tuners turn the injectors off sooner than others. That's why the factory tune has that hang in it when you let off the gas.
Really? Maybe that's what I'm hearing. It seems that LTH-equipped cars sound more vicious all through the RPMs. I contacted my tuner and they said my current tune is set to have some decel pop as it is. I drove a friend's 15 WRX with a muffler delete and good God, that thing was backfiring and popping the whole time! I loved it and wish my car did that.

bunk22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Auto
I had the Mak cat deletes and now have 1 3/4" headers, they make good power but the headers make more hp/tq across the entire rpm range. Headers are better for power and torque under the curve, about 10-15 as said. Is what it is. Whether the extra power/tq is worth the cost, up to the person.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SD_GT

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
I had the Mak cat deletes and now have 1 3/4" headers, they make good power but the headers make more hp/tq across the entire rpm range. Headers are better for power and torque under the curve, about 10-15 as said. Is what it is. Whether the extra power/tq is worth the cost, up to the person.
Did you notice any difference in regards to your exhaust note?

california special gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT California Special
Change out your axle back. Much cheaper than headers... You kids sooo concerned with sound crack me up.

OP
OP
SD_GT

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
Change out your axle back. Much cheaper than headers... You kids sooo concerned with sound crack me up.
Corsa's only got two options - Sport and Touring mufflers. I'm already runnning the more aggressive Sport mufflers so there goes that unless other axlebacks can pair up to Corsa's double x-pipe.

Sound's a big deal. I can't hit 160 everyday on my way to and from work, but I can enjoy a good, aggresive exhaust note from the moment I turn the vehicle to the moment I turn it off. :headbang:

california special gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT California Special
Corsa's only got two options - Sport and Touring mufflers. I'm already runnning the more aggressive Sport mufflers so there goes that unless other axlebacks can pair up to Corsa's double x-pipe.

Sound's a big deal. I can't hit 160 everyday on my way to and from work, but I can enjoy a good, aggresive exhaust note from the moment I turn the vehicle to the moment I turn it off. :headbang:
Run muffler delete if you want stupid loud. That Corsa X is also contributing to the mellower sound. Go H pipe catless with muffler delete if that's not enough. lol.

OP
OP
SD_GT

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
Run muffler delete if you want stupid loud. That Corsa X is also contributing to the mellower sound. Go H pipe catless with muffler delete if that's not enough. lol.
The muffler delete is pretty mild compared to catless Xtremes. I went from muffler delete ---> Corsa Xtreme CBE ---> Corsa Xtreme & MAK cat deletes. :first:

Sponsored

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
The muffler delete is pretty mild compared to catless Xtremes.
I will second this. Went h-pipe and muffler delete the same day an S197 5.0 went offroad LT's and Corsa Extreme's and his car was louder lol.

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have a Mak cat delete kit installed with my MBRP race cat back and its pretty loud. I couldn't see spending $750+ for 1 7/8" LT's and off road leads.. I didn't even want to spend the $400 for the Mak kit.. I bought a used mak kit that included the drivers side manifold with the flange already welded to it so all I had to do was swap them out and install the Mak pipes, got the kit for a damn good price to. Then I came across a local deal that I couldn't pass up for a set of low mile SP 1 7/8" LT's with all clamps, hardware, O2 extensions, hardware and off road leads that have a factory style connection point. I think I might just sell the LT's though because I cant justify all that work of installing them for another 5-10hp (IF that) over what I currently have.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
there really isn't a "massive"price difference we have some 304 headers starting as low as 699..........

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
there really isn't a "massive"price difference we have some 304 headers starting as low as 699..........
Oh man you had to post a price again :doh: pm me a price for a set with high flow cats that will mate to a corsa cat back plz !! :thumbsup:
Sponsored