Mahle no rebalance pistons in stock Gen 3 block

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Anyone run these Mahle forged piston/ring combo, which are stock no rebalancing stock weight drop ins on the gen 3 block yet? Even comes with rings designed for plasma bore!
I've popped my 2nd stock engine in 5 WOTS and I was thinking about buying a stock short block pushing the pistons out popping these pistons on the stock rotator and file fitting rings then doing billet OPG and reinstalling? Should up the 2 weak spots for 93 octane and boost ( think my stage 2 kit does 13-14psi). If people are getting away with 900 sbe on corn surely these will get me my kits rated 686rwhp on 93?
Mahle 930258362
coyote-gen-3.jpg
Sponsored

Whitltng

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Vehicle(s)
Svt lightning 18 mustang gt
What's your set up and why did your motor go.

If everything is taken apart just go all out already
Piston/rods.. if your not aiming over 1k hp stock sleeves on a 3gen should be fine

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Looks like a nice option. Getting out the factory slugs and rings not a bad idea. I believe the gen3 has the Boss rods and decent crank.

OP
OP

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Man the 2nd stock engine has a cylinder down, assuming like last time it wasnt a valve issue...it got at least some scratches and that the main problem with a plasma bore it cant be bored any or scratches honed out ect....SO thinking just buy stock Ford short block pop these and oil pump gear on....I only want say 7500rpm shifts.and 680-700 wheel on 93 with a 2650tvs.....
Trying to salvage the situation where there isnt a 4th engine install till I'm ready ( car is a 19 with 4k miles dang) maybe take my current blown short block save up over time get it sleeved then do a fully forged bottom...
Yes that's what I'm reading the stock crank is strong and the rods are boss 302 as well....I figure some forged pistons with what I have and it will stop breaking ring lands...give me a bit of a safety overhead too

OP
OP

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a

Piston/rods.. if your not aiming over 1k hp stock sleeves on a 3gen should be fine
I was hoping to do the short block myself with maybe taking what I can off the car from top...then dropping it off when I find the cheapest mechanic I can find, I really just need their back and lift cause I'm in bad health if I have to finish it slowly I can ( not taking it back to Ford or ASE tech this time ) , just basically need them to bolt it in hehe...hell I'll come time it and put the heads on if I got to....
But since I wont be tearing down at home having a modified short block ready to go would seem the quickest and cheapest way to get moving again this car has literally set more than its ran since I bought it new last December

Sponsored

OP
OP

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a

Oh they don't know vendor tune it just keeps rattling itself to death when it shifts to 3rd...drove this second one 920 miles trouble free first WOT into 3rd rattled like an UZI just like first engjne... AFR ect good....unexplained at this point....

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Stock oem short block turn boost down on pump is probably easiest in the end.

OP
OP

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Stock oem short block turn boost down on pump is probably easiest in the end.
Oh absolutely! I've had a griptec pulley ordered for 2 weeks to do just that it didnt make it in time and the manufacturer wanted me to do some ms109 testing to get knock unlimited...come home fron that and it was tossing p0300 and p0315 ( the p0316 and p0303,7,8 eventually ) like last time so I knew to do compression check....
I was running manufacturer tune and configuration which was supposed to he safe on 91 tune with 93 in tank for even more its warranted but already been used for one engine so I'm screwed..

Lund made 720 recently on pump with the pulley I had made, and 93...so I'll for sure be using that pulley on the new block but I couldn't before without voiding warranty well I guess I technically still have some trans and diff warranty so it's about a wash...

OP
OP

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
I cant find the sub forum where individuals sell things like rods cranks pistons blower kits ect?

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT

Sponsored
OP
OP

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Yeah, generally in the bolt on and tune section. Or you can just scroll to the bottom and everything is there together.. don't think anyone has any rods or pistons for sale right now, but you could buy @olaosunt 's spare sleeved block lol.

OP
OP

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Hehe god this disposable block thing is expensive. If I could just bore the inevitable scratches say 5 over and drop a new piston on be much simpler...this thing gets a hair line.....

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
You can get these blocks sleeved. I know you don’t want to do this “again” so look into sleeving this block, go ahead and buy some rods and pistons and never worry about it again. You could drop the compression a tad and not worry about dropping the boost. I don’t think it’s that much cheaper buying a short block then getting yours sleeved and a good rotating assembly in it
Sponsored