Sponsored

Magnetic Metallic vs. Velocity Blue vs. Rapid Red

Which of the following 3 colors do you think is the best?

• Total voters

sebrhos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastian
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Quest
Which of these 3 colors do you think looks best?
Sponsored

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
5.jpg

Definitely Velocity Blue. It looks different, depending on lighting.

6.jpg
velocity blue is nice, but itā€™s still blue in all lighting. Rapid red looks pinkish in very bright sun light, or purple in overcast light, as well as just about every shade of red

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Is "my car looks pink in the sun" really what you want to go with :giggle:?
Iā€™m not surprised thatā€™s what you read and stuck with. There is a difference between pink and pinkish, seeing as how pink is in the red family. In plain English, in direct sun the color becomes a very very bright red.

I really like how posting photos of the broad range of colors rapid red appears in different lights turned into a my color is better than yours, but hey, at least we both look better than magnetic which is always the same dull color.

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
You're taking this way too personally :crackup:. I mimicked your post style because I thought it was fun to show the different shades.

Also Magnetic shifts depending on the lighting as well. My friend's car looks like champagne in bright light. That's just a characteristic of metallic paint jobs. They shift tone as the light strikes them differently.

Velocity is a 3-tone pearl. I get purple tones as well as the green end of the color range (turquoise, aquamarine, cyan, etc.). Under sodium lamps, it gets an amazing deep cobalt tone. With just the right light level, it will look in a way which I can only describe as "glowing black". The pearl tones are still radiating white light, but the car looks deep black.
Everything I have found about velocity blue shows it being a base coat/clear coat paint that just has a heavy metallic flake, not a tri coat. Tri coat paints usually cost extra which velocity blue doesnā€™t, which also leads me to believe itā€™s a normal bc/cc paint. The tri coat part is why twister orange and rapid red are an extra cost paint.

I donā€™t care if you mimic me, if you think Iā€™m taking it personally youā€™re mistaken sir. Itā€™s a paint color, every body prefers something different.

Sponsored

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Iā€™m not surprised thatā€™s what you read and stuck with. There is a difference between pink and pinkish, seeing as how pink is in the red family. In plain English, in direct sun the color becomes a very very bright red.

I really like how posting photos of the broad range of colors rapid red appears in different lights turned into a my color is better than yours, but hey, at least we both look better than magnetic which is always the same dull color.
You're taking MIk too seriously.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Velocity blue imo. Rapid red isn't far behind, but red sports cars are a bit too provocative to local law enforcement.

Sponsored