Magnetic GT500 pictures

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
Red pinstripes or accent stripes to the existing stripes would look great on that color combo with the red calipers.
-J
Yes I think so and I mentioned this to my selling dealer and sales people when I took delivery and they said NO don’t do it.
Sponsored

2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Congrats and update your first drive experience.
Will do in over 2 months. It's in storage until weather allows me to drive it 1000 miles north of Edmonton Alberta, to Yellowknife. This beauty is destined to be more of a stable pony, and never a freeway pony, due to lack if roads in general.

2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Red pinstripes or accent stripes to the existing stripes would look great on that color combo with the red calipers.
-J
With the PPF on top of the stripes, there is a small air space created as the PPF rises up. I had to look twice as I thought there was a silver pin stripe. if you look closely at the stripes on the roof in the photo you'll see what i mean. Don't mind the look, its uniform, but hope it holds up..

If I had to do it over,thou, I would have added the stripes after the full PPF.

2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Will do in over 2 months. It's in storage until weather allows me to drive it 1000 miles north of Edmonton Alberta, to Yellowknife. This beauty is destined to be more of a stable pony, and never a freeway pony, due to lack if roads in general.
The highway is generally ok. The exception being the first 60 miles outside of Yellowknife, where the highway is built on muskeg, The first 60 miles are heavily frost heaved, there are no shoulders, good luck staying on the road at 60 mph, avoiding potholes will have you feeling like you are on a road course, short sections of gravel seem to appear every few miles, and the surface itself is chipseal. I will not go into what happens to the front end of the vehicle when driving through a continuous swarm of bugs, flies, bees, and dragonflies at just 60 mph....

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
If I had to do it over,thou, I would have added the stripes after the full PPF.
@2020GT500 : I too learned that lesson when I first filmed my '14. So what did Mr. OCD Sr. do? Why pull off the film and stripes, buy new stripes, put down new film, and stripe the film, of course. <grinning> Fortunately, this was only on the hood and bumper but I feel ya.

2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
@2020GT500 : I too learned that lesson when I first filmed my '14. So what did Mr. OCD Sr. do? Why pull off the film and stripes, buy new stripes, put down new film, and stripe the film, of course. <grinning> Fortunately, this was only on the hood and bumper but I feel ya.
OCD is bit of a curse for me as well, but chit sure looks better after the fact! if the PPF lifts, gets water underneath or becomes nonuniform...I will pull it off that evening, and schedule the new approach the next morning (sure, i'd likely email the installer that night).

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
Yes I think so and I mentioned this to my selling dealer and sales people when I took delivery and they said NO don’t do it.
Forget them, do what YOU want.
A vinyl pinstripe is removable and it’s already done on the 350Rs, I don’t see an issue, especially if you like it.
-J

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
If you have a choice in vinyl for any stripe, ALWAYS choose the one with the longest factory-expected life, even if it costs more which it will.

And a pinstripe needs special care when it's a separate decal and especially if it doesn't have a clear overlay.

Not fond of the look myself but as they say, "different strokes."

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Why do you think they said don’t do it? I’m thinking about getting stripes over Xpel

Sponsored

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
Why do you think they said don’t do it? I’m thinking about getting stripes over Xpel
They personally ordered this car and probably feel some attachment to her and truly their first GT delivered.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I was doing research and most say stripes over Xpel unless it’s matte black. Most said after 5 years no issues either way.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
RJ: I have examples of both on my '14. As I mentioned previously, we re-filmed the hood/bumper and then put the stripes down but I also have a twelve-inch strip on the leading edge of the roof that is over the stripes that we did not replace.

As reported, after six years, both above and below are holding up just fine, (as long as you take care of the vinyl, that is.)

And BTW, there are better films than Xpel out there so check around for clarity and durability.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
RJ: I have examples of both on my '14. As I mentioned previously, we re-filmed the hood/bumper and then put the stripes down but I also have a twelve-inch strip on the leading edge of the roof that is over the stripes that we did not replace.

As reported, after six years, both above and below are holding up just fine, (as long as you take care of the vinyl, that is.)

And BTW, there are better films than Xpel out there so check around for clarity and durability.
Thanks! Sounds like works. I just got all of front done. It does makes sense to put underneath for Wrap to protect stripes. I'm waiting for Big worm to get their first customer in Texas so they have exact measurements. They are doing half price for first customer. I will have to check my 10 year warranty on PPF for stripes.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
RJ: Unfortunately, the fella who has done all our previous vehicles no longer wants to do complicated installs like this car so I have to go to San Antonio. According to a member, there are only two places that the local SA Shelby Club recommends and I believe it as I've seen some shoddy filming.

No doubt Big Worm is even further or I'd ask but I've never heard of the outfit.

Edit: And I couldn't find 'em on the Web.
Sponsored