Sponsored

Magnetic Grey (Satin or Gloss Black 6GR Wheels) Opinion?

Getting 6GR 7-SEVEN Wheels on Magnetic Grey GT350, which one?

• Total voters

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Well crap Tom, first I'm hearing about the caliper clearance. From what I have seen the CF wheels have this issue also so going to an R wouldn't solve that problem. As for not buying 6GR, that ship sailed hopefully I won't have buyers remorse. I know the fully forged wheels are superior but from what I have researched the spun forged are a decent compromise better than cast but not as strong as fully forged. Also the Signature even on their BF sale are 3x what I paid for the 6GR. If I was to go that route then yes going the full R path would be a no brainer.

I was considering going the R route and decided to just keep my GT350 for at least a year, its still way beyond my driving capabilities after my first track day and I don't expect to track more than 3x/year. I've already taken the price hit by driving it off the lot.
No worries, I've had 6grs and they are will work, but you are probably going to score your calipers and wheels over time. Congrats on the new car, I'm happy for you. My comments were generic pertaining to Rs and people that buy R parts for their 350s. Again, I've seen some gorgeous non Rs decked out with the wing, splitter, etc. But the fake badges.... well.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I vote for “C”. Bronze. I think Magnetic looks fantastic but needs contrast.

upload_2019-11-20_8-37-18.jpeg

FLETCshooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor, 2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
One of three reasons I passed on the R was the wheels. Second was the wing and third was the seats. I came from a Z/28 and got tired of the no frills driving experience. Loved the sound of the 350 mustang so I am a fan. However I do agree you shouldn’t try to look like an R, only if because it makes you look like a poser. Be different.

OP
OP
svassh

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Performance Blue Metallic
I vote for “C”. Bronze. I think Magnetic looks fantastic but needs contrast.

upload_2019-11-20_8-37-18.jpeg
I do like the Bronze but don't like it with my lightning blue stripes. Yesterday I ordered the gloss black which is my personal choice from the start. I know its a safe choice but I honestly didn't make it because I want to make an R clone. I simply think they look great.

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
Even though I have Satin Black on my Avalanche Gray GT350 and I love them, I think Gloss Black would look better on Magnetic Gray since they shine more and would match the shine of the Metallic paint.

Sponsored