Magneride worth it? Or buy now?

stars_fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
21 GT PP1, 20 Tesla M3P & 21 Ducati SFV4S
Honestly it’s not a great system compared to what GM offers.

I’ve owned 3 Corvettes and a 6th gen Camaro with MRC. You could really feel the difference between modes in those cars.

I was unimpressed with the marginal difference in ride with the 2 Mach 1s I test drove. I ended up buying a PP1 car without it.
Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I've found a Mustang close by ish that has EVERYTHING I want...EXCEPT it's in Satin black.

I've owned just nothing but black cars, so I might pull the trigger and purchase this car since from what I see on it's VIN, it's been sitting at the dealer since beginning of March. All I've seen is they've uped the price from Window Sticker to the new inflated price since I think all of those options went up in price....SO I wonder if I can get them back down to near sticker and then just get the car wrapped in the color I want.
If it was me, I’d get the one in grabber blue without the MR. If you really want to upgrade the suspension you can do it later. The order will take much longer than you think and (just personally) grabber blue is way better than black, especially if you’ve owned a ton of black cars before. Look at it sideways and the paint has marks…

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
2014 impala, 2017 HD. 2018 Royal C mustang gt pp1
This is my first car with the mag ride. I dont know what setting would compare to a non mag ride stang but i can tell a big difference between normal, sport and track. My car is a pp1 and i have also about put the steeda catalog under my car. All im missing is the k member and sway bars, lol.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I was unimpressed with the marginal difference in ride with the 2 Mach 1s I test drove. I ended up buying a PP1 car without it.
and I've posted the above repeatedly as well. It's a damn shame how half-assed Ford did their MR. For typical driving it's good enough, admittedly. Otherwise you have to dive into the deep end of the pool with a aftermarekt controller and tunes.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Honestly it’s not a great system compared to what GM offers.

I’ve owned 3 Corvettes and a 6th gen Camaro with MRC. You could really feel the difference between modes in those cars.

I hear what you're saying in regards to the Corvette MR. I had a Z06 and felt it. I have to say that it may be the Corvette suspension and weight in general that adds that feeling. No experience with the Camaro. But a Mustang probably is just too heavy and not designed (priced) to completely transform the suspension feel at the touch of a button. The Z06 was a $90k+ car. The Stang is half of that but way more than half the fun. I'm happy with the Mustang MR. Just my 2 cents.

Sponsored

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
can't even believe i'm considering a 52K mustang but the wife wants me to get something I won't be modding... and that would do it. wtf has the world come to?

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
can't even believe i'm considering a 52K mustang but the wife wants me to get something I won't be modding... and that would do it. wtf has the world come to?
You won’t be modding it 😂 and she believed you 😂

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Have Magneride on my Corvette Z06 and GT350. Wouldn’t buy a sports car without it. That’s why most of the high end sports cars license the terrific product from GM.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
It's your dream car, don't buy something you would regret later.

Having said that, IMO now is the worst time to buy a car. Ford Canada jacked up the price for PP1 for 2022, as well as some other options. On top of that, unless you buy for cash, the rates are insane. And you need to wait with no ETA in sight. I got a great deal on mine a year ago, but now I wouldn't buy it

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
You won’t be modding it 😂 and she believed you 😂
yeah that's actually the main reason why I'm just leaning towards a premium no option 6spd spoiler delete car. ford racing has a whole suspension kit that is better than the performance pack suspension for like a grand. really the only reason why i even want the pp is for the torsen diff and gears. I really wish they sold that separate.

Sponsored

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Bias here, but you can tell the difference between the different settings, and it makes a difference. My wife who has several health issues, likes riding in my PP2 when it is in normal mode, but I don't think she could last long in sport mode, which is where I like it most of the time. To me, that makes it worth the money.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
really the only reason why i even want the pp is for the torsen diff and gears. I really wish they sold that separate.
ebay. about $1000 for a 3.73 torsen pumpkin. Way better than $6300
You can buy a new 3.55 pumpkin, diff, and gears and have it built for about 3000. Which is admittedly crazy expensive.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
yeah that's actually the main reason why I'm just leaning towards a premium no option 6spd spoiler delete car. ford racing has a whole suspension kit that is better than the performance pack suspension for like a grand. really the only reason why i even want the pp is for the torsen diff and gears. I really wish they sold that separate.
You can drop it off at the shop, have the suspension redone, she won't even know.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Had a BMW M3 and corvette with adjustable system in the past. Can`t speak for the mustang though. But I guess my opinion is better than nothing.

Of course I would rather have it than not have it. But I never really appreciated it like other people because I always kept it in one setting the whole time.

Only reasons I would NEED mag suspension is for health (body discomfort) , wife wants it, or if money were no object and I wanted to fully load it.

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
I’ve got a 19 Bullitt that has MR. I’ve had 16 base GT and recently came from a Boss 302 LS. Honestly I can’t tell the difference between the settings. I only know it changes since I have the digital dash that changes with the settings. I am also lowered on Eibach pros and 20x10, 20x11 HREs.

I’d get the one that is available. My buddy has been waiting for his F150 build for about 8 months now and still hasn’t received a VIN. Save yourself $1600 or whatever it costs. Buy some lowering springs and wheel spacers and call it a day.
Sponsored