Sponsored

MagneRide® Damping System on the 2020 Mustang Convertible?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
This is an FYI for anyone else who might be looking. I was confused by this at first. MagneRide comes with the Ecoboost Premium convertible. So, you get the MagneRide suspension whether or not you choose the High Performance Package. You can verify this by selecting Ecoboost Premium in your Build & Price and then click on the "View More Features" link just above the Configure button. If you are configuring a fastback, you need to select the Ecoboost Handling Package in order to get MagneRide, but doing so also requires the High Performance Package. So, to recap:

• MagneRide comes standard with the EcoBoost Premium convertible, regardless of whether the High Performance Package is ordered
  • MagneRide is not available with the Ecoboost non-Premium convertible (the Ecoboost Handling Package is not available on the convertible)
  • MagneRide is available with the Ecoboost Premium fastback, but requires the High Performance Package
  • MagneRide is available with the Ecoboost non-Premium fastback, but requires 101A package and the High Performance Package
I think you need to look again. I'm not showing MR available on any EB vert. MR requires the Ecoboost Handling Package which you noted is not available in an EB vert.

That's a long standing error on the build & price page.
Sponsored

gpierce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
I have driven both 2019 vert with magneride and without. I decided it wasn't worth it on the vert. To me it really didn't change the car's characteristics that much. The coupe was a lot different though. I decided to go without it on my 2020 and I don't regret it.

OLdchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tacoma, 2020 Miata, MB E350
gpierce, Given going without the MR do you plan to change the shocks or suspension parts or leave it the way it is?
I have neither at this point but I would it would depend on what you planned to do with the car and what your expectations are. I have driven plenty of Mustangs both newer and classic without MR and I was not unhappy but would depend on what type of driving I had planned. For a cruiser on fairly good roads I would imagine a non MR would be more than fine for some. If I ordered a 550 however I would order MR as I would want to know that I had the best I could get to start with or I would always wonder...

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
This is an FYI for anyone else who might be looking. I was confused by this at first. MagneRide comes with the Ecoboost Premium convertible. So, you get the MagneRide suspension whether or not you choose the High Performance Package. You can verify this by selecting Ecoboost Premium in your Build & Price and then click on the "View More Features" link just above the Configure button. If you are configuring a fastback, you need to select the Ecoboost Handling Package in order to get MagneRide, but doing so also requires the High Performance Package. So, to recap:

• MagneRide comes standard with the EcoBoost Premium convertible, regardless of whether the High Performance Package is ordered
  • MagneRide is not available with the Ecoboost non-Premium convertible (the Ecoboost Handling Package is not available on the convertible)
  • MagneRide is available with the Ecoboost Premium fastback, but requires the High Performance Package
  • MagneRide is available with the Ecoboost non-Premium fastback, but requires 101A package and the High Performance Package
Kinda sneaky of em “we’ll through it on an EcoBoost and not tell em, but charge a premium on a GT!” What’s odd is I just looked at the window sticker for a ‘20 premium vert EcoBoost and nothing about magneride.

Last edited:

gpierce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
gpierce, Given going without the MR do you plan to change the shocks or suspension parts or leave it the way it is?
I have neither at this point but I would it would depend on what you planned to do with the car and what your expectations are. I have driven plenty of Mustangs both newer and classic without MR and I was not unhappy but would depend on what type of driving I had planned. For a cruiser on fairly good roads I would imagine a non MR would be more than fine for some. If I ordered a 550 however I would order MR as I would want to know that I had the best I could get to start with or I would always wonder...
Modding is one of the reasons I didn’t go with MR. No plans at present but I know I can whenever I want. My car (was) daily commuter on fairly good roads. Now I work from home full time til Sept and even then I probably will only do one day a week. So now it’s a weekend cruiser:):)

Sponsored

Turbo8u

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
The Handling Package that includes MagneRide is not available on the vert. As with the GT PP2 and GT350 Ford does not put their top handling parts on verts.
That said, the MagneRide is an awesome system. I tried one when I was shopping for my GT/CS. Decided against it because I could not justify the cost for how I use my car. If you really want a vert you are going to have to make the same decision.
I have a 2019 GT PP1 Vert with Magnaride so I know the did it in 2019.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I have a 2019 GT PP1 Vert with Magnaride so I know the did it in 2019.
Yes, MagneRide can be had with PP1 in a vert. But the top handling package is the PP2 and that cannot be had on a vert. Regardless of that you have one sweet ride.
Sponsored