Sponsored

MagneRide® Damping System on the 2020 Mustang Convertible?

kenbefound

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2002 Porsche Boxster S, 2014 Hyundia Sonata SE
My understanding is the MagneRide® Damping System is available on the 2020 Mustang convertibles and the Comparison Tab on the USA Convertible Mustang web page lists it as Optional on all 3 trims but I can't seem to find it anywhere on the configurator. Anyone know what's going on?
Sponsored

OP
OP

kenbefound

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Appears Fords has some inconsistencies on their U.S. site. Just read on another page the MagneRide® is only available on the coupe. Was it ever offered on the Convertible?

OP
OP

kenbefound

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Yes, a bunch of here have it :) It's pretty spectacular.
I heard the consensus is not to buy any Mustang without it. I just visited the Convertible configurator and the MagneRide option is available on the GT trim, my head is spinning from all the inconsistencies, lol.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I heard the consensus is not to buy any Mustang without it. I just visited the Convertible configurator and the MagneRide option is available on the GT trim, my head is spinning from all the inconsistencies, lol.

It's very very good, however, since it has a dependency on the Perf Pack, that means the "real price" is ~$5700 ($4K for PP + 1.7K for MagRide), so it's not a trivial cost (esp. since a GT convertible the only trim is Premium).

The Perf Package gives you a ton of extra goodies for that $4K, tightens the car up, changes it up visually, you can research that option, just giving you the general FYI :)

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Actually, there is no general consensus on Magneride. If I were ordering a car, yes. But if you find a great deal on PP1 no Magneride I would not (and did not) pass it up. Even though I have electronic suspension on other vehicles.

in the year plus of reading magneride reviews from owners, Ive seen many similar opinions.

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
I had a 2015 GT Premium Vert(there was no performance pack available then) and it was a slug compared to my 18 with the Magna ride....almost a night and day difference in cornering, braking and acceleration.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Appears Fords has some inconsistencies on their U.S. site. Just read on another page the MagneRide® is only available on the coupe. Was it ever offered on the Convertible?
Are you looking for an EcoBoost or GT?

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost with the new 2.3L High Performance Package.
The Handling Package that includes MagneRide is not available on the vert. As with the GT PP2 and GT350 Ford does not put their top handling parts on verts.
That said, the MagneRide is an awesome system. I tried one when I was shopping for my GT/CS. Decided against it because I could not justify the cost for how I use my car. If you really want a vert you are going to have to make the same decision.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Interesting that even with the HPP, the Handling/MagRide isn't an option on Ecoboost convertibles like it is for GT convertibles (PP+MagRide). I guess maybe at that point, where you've pushing $50K, they figure you'll just make the change to the GT[?]

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Interesting that even with the HPP, the Handling/MagRide isn't an option on Ecoboost convertibles like it is for GT convertibles (PP+MagRide). I guess maybe at that point, where you've pushing $50K, they figure you'll just make the change to the GT[?]
If you think of the Handling Package as the Ecoboost equivalent of the GT PP2 it makes sense. What Ford could have done is make MagneRide a stand alone option with the High Performance Package just like they go with the GT. Oh well, that’s Ford.

OP
OP

kenbefound

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
If memory serves I configured the two versions (Eco HPP / 5.0) with the same options (sans the MagRide on the HPP) and there was still a $8-10K difference in price. It's funny cause, as I mentioned earlier, it does state on Ford's site the MagRide is an available option on the HPP but then the configurator doesn't include it. And interestingly enough some professional reviewers on YouTube commented that their HPP tester did not have it as they expected it to be included as well.

timhood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
EcoBoost with the new 2.3L High Performance Package.
This is an FYI for anyone else who might be looking. I was confused by this at first. MagneRide comes with the Ecoboost Premium convertible. So, you get the MagneRide suspension whether or not you choose the High Performance Package. You can verify this by selecting Ecoboost Premium in your Build & Price and then click on the "View More Features" link just above the Configure button. If you are configuring a fastback, you need to select the Ecoboost Handling Package in order to get MagneRide, but doing so also requires the High Performance Package. So, to recap:

• MagneRide comes standard with the EcoBoost Premium convertible, regardless of whether the High Performance Package is ordered
  • MagneRide is not available with the Ecoboost non-Premium convertible (the Ecoboost Handling Package is not available on the convertible)
  • MagneRide is available with the Ecoboost Premium fastback, but requires the High Performance Package
  • MagneRide is available with the Ecoboost non-Premium fastback, but requires 101A package and the High Performance Package
Sponsored