Status
Not open for further replies.

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed this Tru-X on my Kooks catless header into Ford Performance by Borla Extreme catback. It is way too quiet now. I hope it does break in because I have to open the window to hear my car. LOL.

The Tru-X would work perfectly for someone that wants to run catless and also be quiet. It is quieter now then when I was just running the catback by itself with stock headers/cats.
Sponsored

bigfoot21075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible with Performance Pack
I had an x pipe with a Flowmaster Outlaw axle-back system and it was LOUD but I loved it. After about two months my neighbor complained about cold-starts in the morning. I've known him for 10+ years, so out of respect I decided to buy the Magnaflow Tru X resonated X Pipe. I had it installed today and wow it totally killed the sound. It's like going from a lion's roar to a cat's meow lol. My neighbor is happy but I hate how much car sounds now. Does it really get louder like you say it does?
Did your sound level come up some? Are you happy with the Magnaflow Tru X resonated X Pipe> I am about to put it on my axle back Magnaflow Competition car but i LOVE the sound and just want to kill the drone....

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I just installed this Tru-X on my Kooks catless header into Ford Performance by Borla Extreme catback. It is way too quiet now. I hope it does break in because I have to open the window to hear my car. LOL.

The Tru-X would work perfectly for someone that wants to run catless and also be quiet. It is quieter now then when I was just running the catback by itself with stock headers/cats.
Its freaky quite on install. The sound will come up, but it's never gonna be loud.

BlackStallion18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 5.0 Mustang w/Performance Package 1
Vehicle Showcase
Did your sound level come up some? Are you happy with the Magnaflow Tru X resonated X Pipe> I am about to put it on my axle back Magnaflow Competition car but i LOVE the sound and just want to kill the drone....
The sound came up some, at least from what I can hear inside the cabin. It's hard to tell what it sounds like outside the car, but I imagine the loudness has increased about 10-15%. The drone is basically non-existent except when going about 65-70mph, so that gives me an excuse to go a little fast on the highway ;). Overall I still miss the sound of when I had the X pipe...I might try an H pipe since it's not as loud but has a throaty classic muscle car sound.

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
The sound came up some, at least from what I can hear inside the cabin. It's hard to tell what it sounds like outside the car, but I imagine the loudness has increased about 10-15%. The drone is basically non-existent except when going about 65-70mph, so that gives me an excuse to go a little fast on the highway ;). Overall I still miss the sound of when I had the X pipe...I might try an H pipe since it's not as loud but has a throaty classic muscle car sound.
2 things - how many miles on the tru x? And an H pipe is not going to be quiter than the x pipe you swapped out. Just different sound.

Sponsored

BlackStallion18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 5.0 Mustang w/Performance Package 1
Vehicle Showcase
2 things - how many miles on the tru x? And an H pipe is not going to be quiter than the x pipe you swapped out. Just different sound.
It's been about 200 miles

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Will this be a direct replacement of the ford performance resonator delete x pipe i have paired with my roush axle backs? Meaning i literally unbolt the current x pipe and put this one in place of it without any additional work?

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
You can expect the typical heat cycle period for our mufflers to be about 1k miles before you reach the final volume. :thumbsup:

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
Brought my magnaflow 12468 to a fabricating race shop and they said it would not fit due to hitting the e-brake and/or hanging too low (I’m on Steeda progressives). Looks like this one is 5” thick. Is the CJPP the same dimensions?

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
I call BS on your shop. My car is slammed on Steeda coil overs on the lowest possible setting and my resonators, including the Magnaflow TRU-X never touched anything or even scraped speed bumps.

Sponsored

OrangCrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Auto 3.55 - X pipe,Roush axleback
Brought my magnaflow 12468 to a fabricating race shop and they said it would not fit due to hitting the e-brake and/or hanging too low (I’m on Steeda progressives). Looks like this one is 5” thick. Is the CJPP the same dimensions?
I was scraping on my driveway and speed bumps and took it to muffler shop and they fixed it. No more scraping.

Geosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Looking for the same feedback here as mine is on the way.
I had it in with active OEM mufflers. Sounded fantastic in Track mode, but a little too quiet overall for what I was ultimately going for. With headers or cat deletes, it would probably be perfect but I’m not going that way.

Now I have a Steeda H-pipe that is a little louder than I want, but sounds great at idle and when I’m taking it easy. I’d love an option that’s right in the middle of the two for volume and tone.

Scooter MGee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'20 MGT, '18 H-D Fat Bob 131ci, '17 Yaris
I have both a set of 10" TotalFlow #2104 universal race mufflers and the Magnaflow Tru-X resonated x pipe in hand. I'll be taking both with me to the shop Friday. I'm leaning towards the TotalFlow muffs as all I want to do is rid the Accelatec h pipe of the trumpity/blatty sound at higher RPM's. We'll have to see if and how they will fit under the car. If not, I'll just have them install the Tru-X and then eventually go to LTH's. It seems to tame those quite well.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.