Sponsored

Magnaflow Exhaust systems for GT 5.0L available @ RPI Designs

RPIDON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
2015 Ford Mustang Magnaflow Exhaust System - GT 5.0L.

2015 Ford Mustang Magnaflow Exhaust - V8 5.0L Street series 5 x 8 x 14in. Muffler; 3in. Tubing; 4.5in. Polished Stainless Tip; DUAL SPLIT REAR EXIT.
Material: 100% Stainless Steel
Tubing O.D. Size: 3in.
System Type: Cat-Back
TIP O.D. Size: 4.5in.
TIP Quantity: 2
Single/Dual: Dual
Exit Position: DUAL SPLIT REAR EXIT

Features and Benefits: Lifetime Warranty, Dyno Tested And Proven To Make Power, Performance Gains In Horsepower And Torque, Great Sound -Has A Smooth; Deep Tone, Easy To Install, Mandrel-Bent. All Welded. Built To Last.

Item # MUS-19100 $1,199.00

Website Link : http://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=5034

2015 Ford Mustang Magnaflow Exhaust System - GT 5.0L. - Competition Series

V8 5.0L COMPETITION SERIES; 5in. Round Muffler; 3in. Tubing; 4.5in. Polished Stainless Tip; DUAL SPLIT REAR EXIT
Material: 100% Stainless Steel
Tubing O.D. Size: 3in.
System Type: Cat-Back
TIP O.D. Size: 4.5in.
TIP Quantity: 2
Single/Dual: Dual
Exit Position: DUAL SPLIT REAR EXIT

Features and Benefits: Lifetime Warranty, Dyno Tested And Proven To Make Power, Performance Gains In Horsepower And Torque, Great Sound -Has A Smooth; Deep Tone, Easy To Install, Mandrel-Bent. All Welded. Built To Last.

Item # MUS-19101 $1,199.00

Website link : http://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=5035

Sponsored

RPI Designs

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rpidesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Test Mule
Many of these are in stock and ready to ship without any waiting. :cheers:

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
What is the difference between the Magnaflow and the STEED Magnaflow? One says STEEDA on it and the other doesn't? Also, Magnaflow claims 30 lbs. weight reduction vs. the replaced OEM parts but Corsa only claims 4-9 lbs. That seems like a huge difference, as in, how can Corsa's exhaust weigh so much more than Magnaflow?

These are the things I'd like to know before buying a Magnaflow exhaust.

OP
OP

RPIDON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
What is the difference between the Magnaflow and the STEED Magnaflow? One says STEEDA on it and the other doesn't? Also, Magnaflow claims 30 lbs. weight reduction vs. the replaced OEM parts but Corsa only claims 4-9 lbs. That seems like a huge difference, as in, how can Corsa's exhaust weigh so much more than Magnaflow?

These are the things I'd like to know before buying a Magnaflow exhaust.
Thank you for asking, what I can see in the two different exhaust systems is the Steeda one is using their own tip with their name on it and it is Slightly longer than the Magnaflow one, other than that is looks like Magnaflow is just making the same system for them that they sell. Now as for the weight difference, if you look at the magnaflow competition exhaust system it uses a very small muffler, it is just a little bigger than the pipe, on the Corsa system they have a much bigger muffler, this alone could be 5-7 pounds more per muffler , that is why the magnaflow competition exhaust is lighter than the Corsa. If you would like to discuss more over the phone you can reach me at 888-257-8515 ext 2 Thanks, Don

Rangore

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hi there, I bought a 2015 GT this last weekend. It has a MF exhaust on it. How do I tell which it is?

Sponsored

RPI Designs

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rpidesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
Hi there, I bought a 2015 GT this last weekend. It has a MF exhaust on it. How do I tell which it is?
There is no real way to tell for sure what you have. You can make a guess with the exhaust tubing diameter. A large muffler would be a street system and will sound pretty tame. A small loud muffler would be their competition system. No mufflers at all would be a race system.

Rangore

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
There is no real way to tell for sure what you have. You can make a guess with the exhaust tubing diameter. A large muffler would be a street system and will sound pretty tame. A small loud muffler would be their competition system. No mufflers at all would be a race system.
Thanks. The mufflers are probably 4-5 inches in diameter. They are round...not oval or such.

I found out it also has headers. They have an SP on the header pipe near the block. SP doesn't ring a bell, but I'm more familiar with Camaro mods since this is my first Mustang. It sounds great and very loud. :headbang:

I assume it also has a tune, but the dealer didn't know. They are a large dealer, but they don't have those sorts of details.

Debating what I want to do to it for mods. It's a street car for me to have fun with, so not sure where I want to go with it. I don't want to get into the engine internals.

RPI Designs

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rpidesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. The mufflers are probably 4-5 inches in diameter. They are round...not oval or such.

I found out it also has headers. They have an SP on the header pipe near the block. SP doesn't ring a bell, but I'm more familiar with Camaro mods since this is my first Mustang. It sounds great and very loud. :headbang:

I assume it also has a tune, but the dealer didn't know. They are a large dealer, but they don't have those sorts of details.

Debating what I want to do to it for mods. It's a street car for me to have fun with, so not sure where I want to go with it. I don't want to get into the engine internals.
Those sound like the competition mufflers. The headers may be Stainless Power. I believe Stainless Works builds them.