Sponsored

Magna ride lowering springs, why?

import111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Just curious why you couldn't use regular lowering springs like Swift Spec R's or something on a Magna ride Mustang GT?
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Rear spring mount on one side goes the opposite direction on magnaride cars so it doesnt seat. Normal cars both rear springs are wound the same direction, on magnaride they wind opposite directions

You can run magnaride springs on a non magnaride car (but you need to buy two left springs, or two rights... i can’t remember)

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Just curious why you couldn't use regular lowering springs like Swift Spec R's or something on a Magna ride Mustang GT?
There might be a need to keep the rates within the dampening ability of the shocks but I don't know that for a fact. At the least the rear springs are counter-wound like the GT350 so a standard set won't fit one of the sides.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Rear spring mount on one side goes the opposite direction on magnaride cars so it doesnt seat. Normal cars both rear springs are wound the same direction, on magnaride they wind opposite directions

You can run magnaride springs on a non magnaride car (but you need to buy two left springs, or two rights... i can’t remember)
You saved me some swearing. Thanks.
Sponsored