Sponsored

Magic sauce for tires on no-prepped tracks?

geddys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT, Europe edition
Hey.

I live in a country, where drag racing event are only on rented old air strips and there is zero track prepping for racing. All that is done is placing measuring devices and basically thats it - still better than no events at all though.

With that being said, I'm trying to find any magic jouices that I could pour on tires before race and do burnout if needed to get any better 60ft times than 2.0s

I've tried tutorials on "homemade trackbite" and it doesn't seem to work at all when used just on tires ( asphalt or concrete surface )

Any thoughts on this ?
Sponsored

LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Vehicle Showcase
What transmission and tires?? Look up traction compound.

OP
OP

geddys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My car setup is 2016GT with twin turbo, automatic transmission and MT Street S/S tires 305/45/R17 ( best tire still allowed in street class )

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Most of the pour on the ground and burnout mixes are some sort of adhesive, and some sort of solvent. Gonna be tough to get any across the pond from the US due to shipping restrictions on hazardous chemicals.

OP
OP

geddys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Most of the pour on the ground and burnout mixes are some sort of adhesive, and some sort of solvent. Gonna be tough to get any across the pond from the US due to shipping restrictions on hazardous chemicals.
Thats the reason im trying finding some sort of formula so I could mix it myself.

Getting chemicals across the pond is doable ( but expensive af, ~150$ per galon ), and this takes usually 2 months so not gonna help me this racing season ;)

Hoping that some good soul would share abit of secret sorcery.

Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Thats the reason im trying finding some sort of formula so I could mix it myself.

Getting chemicals across the pond is doable ( but expensive af, ~150$ per galon ), and this takes usually 2 months so not gonna help me this racing season ;)

Hoping that some good soul would share abit of secret sorcery.
The common solvent around here is M.E.K. Lemme ask a local guy who makes/sells his own if he could help out.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Figured it was a longshot, but he won't even hint at his recipe.

Do you have a VP racing fuels distributor there? They make several traction compounds for the tracks to put down, but the principal is similar. Slimy and slick when it's wet, but when dries/do a burnout through it sticky as all get out.

OP
OP

geddys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Figured it was a longshot, but he won't even hint at his recipe.

Do you have a VP racing fuels distributor there? They make several traction compounds for the tracks to put down, but the principal is similar. Slimy and slick when it's wet, but when dries/do a burnout through it sticky as all get out.
Thank you very much for helping out, I really appreciate it.

Unfortunately VP Racing Fuels do not have a distributor in my country or even nearby countries ( central Europe ), as probably its legal pain in the ass to sell any type of chemicals that are somehow related to automotive/fueling ( those things are taxed so badly, that we pay 70% of taxes in gas prices ) for and we don't have a culture for drag racing so no profits to be made here.

I'll definitely try using MEK as a solvent, was using isopropyl alcohol without any much of success. Maybe changing to MEK will provide any results.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Thank you very much for helping out, I really appreciate it.

Unfortunately VP Racing Fuels do not have a distributor in my country or even nearby countries ( central Europe ), as probably its legal pain in the ass to sell any type of chemicals that are somehow related to automotive/fueling ( those things are taxed so badly, that we pay 70% of taxes in gas prices ) for and we don't have a culture for drag racing so no profits to be made here.

I'll definitely try using MEK as a solvent, was using isopropyl alcohol without any much of success. Maybe changing to MEK will provide any results.
Any alcohols are terrible solvents. They can clean windows, but they do not breakdown any oil based anything. IE petroleum based rubber products. I know MEK is common solvent, but I don't have a clue what is used for adhesive.

Junior dragsters who can't do a burnout used to prep tires with a mix of MEK, and a product called diesel kleen. This isn't an adhesive, but it makes the rubber tire very soft. They would coat the tires, then put covers on them and leave the covers on until pulling literally feet from the starting line.

OP
OP

geddys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any alcohols are terrible solvents. They can clean windows, but they do not breakdown any oil based anything. IE petroleum based rubber products. I know MEK is common solvent, but I don't have a clue what is used for adhesive.

Junior dragsters who can't do a burnout used to prep tires with a mix of MEK, and a product called diesel kleen. This isn't an adhesive, but it makes the rubber tire very soft. They would coat the tires, then put covers on them and leave the covers on until pulling literally feet from the starting line.
Everything I found online was some sort of food syrup's as adhesives mixed with sugar based sodas ( like mountain dew ). While testing them on concrete it looked promising, but pouring those on tires and doing burnout so water would evaporate made whole setup worse than just plain tire. From what I understood this secret sauce works as enhancement in rubber-to-rubber contact and its fine for prepping track since there is alot of rubber left on the ground so it might work but in scenario where ground is clean concrete/asphalt it makes everything much more slippery.

I'll try adding MEK onto syrup based mix maybe it will be gamechanger ;-)

Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Everything I found online was some sort of food syrup's as adhesives mixed with sugar based sodas ( like mountain dew ). While testing them on concrete it looked promising, but pouring those on tires and doing burnout so water would evaporate made whole setup worse than just plain tire. From what I understood this secret sauce works as enhancement in rubber-to-rubber contact and its fine for prepping track since there is alot of rubber left on the ground so it might work but in scenario where ground is clean concrete/asphalt it makes everything much more slippery.

I'll try adding MEK onto syrup based mix maybe it will be gamechanger ;-)
I think it will help big time for you as it evaporates very quickly. Again it's very slick when it's wet, but when heated/dries becomes very sticky. Never would've thought the adhesive was as simples as sugar. LOL seems a pure corn syrup and MEK mix might be onto something.

OP
OP

geddys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think it will help big time for you as it evaporates very quickly. Again it's very slick when it's wet, but when heated/dries becomes very sticky. Never would've thought the adhesive was as simples as sugar. LOL seems a pure corn syrup and MEK mix might be onto something.
This is one of mixtures that I tried and failed to get good results in my application:
Sponsored