Sponsored

Made with luv! Engine built by two wonderful women!!

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
It's not going to be the builders fault. They only assemble the engine according to tolerances and specs including proper torquing. Everytime someone posts names on there engine plaque this subject comes up. It's going to be material failure not assembly failure. Geesh!
so, you’re saying the assemblers are free of error?
Sponsored

Pizzatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Hopefully one was not training the other j/k.
Sorry had to say it.
Very cool!

GrabberBlue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2011 GT
so, you’re saying the assemblers are free of error?
I think he was being facetious. When I used to do my warranty analysis, it was required that I "root-cause" the error back to the work station, not an individual. As an engineer, that was part of my job. However, it would sometimes be drilled down to a single shift or operator (if the issues was egregious of often enough) and then the production supervisors would write up the individual, but it was never really a publicly known thing, it was kept internal to the department of the assembly plant.

It was very hard to get the union out of the way to punish individuals that were being intentionally lazy or stupid.

foolwithtools

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
They do run the engines at least twice before they get to you. Once right after the engine is assembled at the Romeo Engine Plant, and once after it's been installed in the car. I imagine any egregious assembly problems would show themselves during those two tests. Most of the failures I've seen on this forum seem to be from material failure too.

Sponsored

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
They do run the engines at least twice before they get to you. Once right after the engine is assembled at the Romeo Engine Plant, and once after it's been installed in the car. I imagine any egregious assembly problems would show themselves during those two tests. Most of the failures I've seen on this forum seem to be from material failure too.
Thank you:like:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Is there a lipstick print anywhere?

:devil:

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you:like:
Smh.

Materials fail... assemblers fail... but operator error is what usually lines up the holes in the Swiss cheese.

There’s a lotta operator error been witnessed with these engines, as well as the cats servicing these awesome cars. Talk about error there... ever seen a chin spoiler not installed right?..:computerrage:

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smh.

Materials fail... assemblers fail... but operator error is what usually lines up the holes in the Swiss cheese.

There’s a lotta operator error been witnessed with these engines, as well as the cats servicing these awesome cars. Talk about error there... ever seen a chin spoiler not installed right?..:computerrage:
Yea those chin spoilers are installed by some one in service department that in most instances have not even seen a GT350 in the service department before, just assuming they got it on right or don't really care as long as it looks right. Those engine assemblers only assemble that engine as there job. Yes there is always a chance that something wasn't assembled correctly. But as stated in above post engine is fired up both after assembly and after in car. Odds are extremely likely if something not assembled correctly that would cause the engine to fail one or the other fire up's. No comparison between chin spoiler install and engine builder for that engine only assembling it. Nice try though!

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea those chin spoilers are installed by some one in service department that in most instances have not even seen a GT350 in the service department before, just assuming they got it on right or don't really care as long as it looks right. Those engine assemblers only assemble that engine as there job. Yes there is always a chance that something wasn't assembled correctly. But as stated in above post engine is fired up both after assembly and after in car. Odds are extremely likely if something not assembled correctly that would cause the engine to fail one or the other fire up's. No comparison between chin spoiler install and engine builder for that engine only assembling it. Nice try though!
DrumReaper I think I owe you an apology. I believe I misread your post. Your are right, the guys servicing these cars have in several cases really screwed them up, oil filters not properly put on, not enough oil put in, as you said not putting chin spoiler on correctly.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DrumReaper I think I owe you an apology. I believe I misread your post. Your are right, the guys servicing these cars have in several cases really screwed them up, oil filters not properly put on, not enough oil put in, as you said not putting chin spoiler on correctly.
We’re good man. I never took it in bad flavor.
Sponsored