smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Made the switch from 93 pump to E85..

Well I have seen a bunch of claims from 70 HP gain to as high as 110 HP gain .. I always take these claims with a grain of salt ..

I made no changes to the car other than the E85 and the tune .. Well we did have to upgrade to a twin pump return system ... But I didn't change pulleys and up the boost or add headers Ect ......Drove it on the dyno with 93 pump gas and made one pull to make sure the tune didn't need adjustment for the twin pumps return fuel system ... All was good to go , it made within 4 to 5 HP from the last time it was in for the last 93 tune .. This is the same dyno we used for the last tune .. This dyno is known to all that use it as " The heart breaker" It was 83 deg inside the building with 50+ humidity , pretty close to the same temps as the 93 tune was made .

So being on the " Heart breaker dyno " I didn't really care what the Peak numbers would be .. All I wanted to see was the difference between 93 pump gas and the E85 ...

I had wished for more but we don't always get what we wished for ..
We ended up with a gain of 65 HP and 51 foot pounds of TQ over the 93 pump gas .. Now keep this in mind we only pulled to 7300 , my tuner didn't want to go passed 7300 because I don't have a OPG or timing gear ..I agreed with him on that .. Had we pulled to 7600 I'm sure we would have seen 70 to 80 HP gain and that would fall inline with what others have seen .. OPGs and timing gear are on my to do list for next year , so for now I'm playing it safe and shifting at 7300 ..

Good news the HP line on the dyno chart was still climbing when we stopped at 7300 , and it was climbing at a good slope upward ..:thumbsup: .. So we know we have more HP coming once I install the OPG and timing gear .

I'm happy with the extra 51 TQ in the low end, 3000 up till 5500 is wild .. That should really help the car move out at the drag strip .. I'll find out Weds night test and tune what the gains are ..

The E85 cold starts are a bit longer than the 93 , and warm up time is a bit longer .. I'm fine with that ... Once warmed up it drives great , in fact I think it drives a bit better than 93 once it's at full temps.. Pump 93 here is 2.80 a gallon and E85 is 1.79. I was surprised that I was getting 15 to 16 MPG on the way home from the dyno shop with speeds of 35 to 45 MPH and hitting a few long stop lights .. One of the best parts is the smell , I have no Cats and on 93 pump gas the car stinks !!! The E85 smells fine if I smell it at all ..

Would I say this is a good mod ? Yes I would :thumbsup:.. I'm sure I'll like it even more once I can turn the RPMs up to 7600 ! :eyebulge:
Sponsored

Last edited:

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
That car is going to FLY when you can spin it to >7500!

Can't wait to see how it does Lee!

OP
OP
smokinzx14r

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
Great numbers! So 7300 is the best rpm to shift at with full bolt on stock internals? (Pretty much all I have) Not sure what Lund set my red line at. I may need to ask them. Sorry for side question.

OP
OP
smokinzx14r

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Great numbers! So 7300 is the best rpm to shift at with full bolt on stock internals? (Pretty much all I have) Not sure what Lund set my red line at. I may need to ask them. Sorry for side question.
I can't say what the highest RPMs would be on stock parts , I'm just going off what my tuner said .. I have seen others say different numbers , it kind of a gray zone I guess ... I just know my tuner tunes 1000s of coyotes motors so I have to go with what he tells me is safe ..

Sponsored

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
I can't say what the highest RPMs would be on stock parts , I'm just going off what my tuner said .. I have seen others say different numbers , it kind of a gray zone I guess ... I just know my tuner tunes 1000s of coyotes motors so I have to go with what he tells me is safe ..
Thank you for the heads up I may stay around that area as well I don't want to rev too high. I wish I had the premium with a built-in shift light in the tachometer. So you went with straight 85 not flex fuel?

OP
OP
smokinzx14r

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Thank you for the heads up I may stay around that area as well I don't want to rev too high. I wish I had the premium with a built-in shift light in the tachometer. So you went with straight 85 not flex fuel?
Straight E85 , that is all they have around here..

15dib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
My tach changes colors but it does it at stock redline.

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
.. One of the best parts is the smell , I have no Cats and on 93 pump gas the car stinks !!! The E85 smells fine if I smell it at all ..

Would I say this is a good mod ? Yes I would :thumbsup:.. I'm sure I'll like it even more once I can turn the RPMs up to 7600 ! :eyebulge:
The "No CATs" smell is worrying me, knowing I need to pull them to save em. Nice to know there are options to look into

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
How much harder does the car pull,from a butt dyno point of view lol.I wish e85 was more available around these parts,go figures all the green and the earth is getting hotter and DC/MD u have to go on a manhunt for e85 lol.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
My tach changes colors but it does it at stock redline.
Yeah I wish mine would stop going red when I still have 1100 more rpm to go.

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Yeah I wish mine would stop going red when I still have 1100 more rpm to go.
Hmmm.. I wonder if there is something in the asbuilts? Like you said, sure would be nice to change that, at least for night.

OP
OP
smokinzx14r

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
How much harder does the car pull,from a butt dyno point of view lol.I wish e85 was more available around these parts,go figures all the green and the earth is getting hotter and DC/MD u have to go on a manhunt for e85 lol.
This weekend we have wolf packs ( DUI police ) out in force ... I didn't want to take a chance and test it out .. :paddle: I will report on it after Weds night test and tune at the track .. :thumbsup:
Sponsored