Sponsored

Made the best decision of my year so far

Should I have the rims powder coated another color?

• Total voters

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
So as of yesterday I finally purchased a brand new 2019 GT. I had purchased a 2018 Ecoboost that I loved and took amazing care of but in the back of my mind I always wanted a GT. I could never replicate the sound of a GT engine and no matter how much I modded my Eco I was never going to get the same satisfaction.

My dealer really wanted my Eco as I guess they are more popular in my area than GT's. At the time of writing this I have seen four Ecos and not a single GT on the road. Saw three V6's if that counts. They gave me a fantastic deal on the car ($14,000) off, and a great trade in price so I made the switch.

I know some of you might think I am crazy considering how new that Eco was, and I totally understand that, but for me financially and emotionally it made sense. The Eco is a wonderful car and this is not a post to knock it, but I should have gone GT from the start. I just didn't realize it at the time.

Happy to continue my journey with a new car.

Just to mention a few things but I noticed a few differences in the 2019 vs 2018.
  • Reverse parking sensor sound is much quieter (this was a huge issue for me in my 2018)
  • The leather on the sides of my 2018 rubbed against the padded knee area and made the most horrendous squealing sound. Fixed with 2019 as the sides are cloth.
  • P,R,N,D,S are no longer illuminated
I am adding a poll as I am getting mixed opinions from friends about whether the wheels match to closely to the paint color. Just looking to see what everyone thinks. (IMO, I think that once the windows are tinted it will add more contrast so it won't be such a stark difference)
1.jpg
IMG_0259.jpg
Sponsored

Reactions: A7X

Sponsored

O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost NFG
I'm the kind of guys who either the car or the wheels must have a stand out color. So yes! White, blue, yellow, green, red, gold or any other color to make it flashy compared to the dark color of the car.

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
I’m confused so voted no. If you want gloss black wheels on Magnetic then yes most definitely. Black works wonderfully against Magnetic.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I love the look as it is now. I have a question did you consider the gas milage with the GT when you made the switch ? My friend Eco is consuming same amount of fuel as my Fiesta on the other hand my GT is consuming significantly more.

OP
OP
ChaoticFury09

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
I love the look as it is now. I have a question did you consider the gas milage with the GT when you made the switch ? My friend Eco is consuming same amount of fuel as my Fiesta on the other hand my GT is consuming significantly more.
I absolutely did consider it. It will be more in fuel but I considered the change vs my driving and decided the amount was worth it.

OP
OP
ChaoticFury09

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! I have used this previously but I mostly wanted to know what people thought about what is on there right now.

Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I think those look good because they are a darker shade of gray than the car. Pure black wheels might look a little better, but not much. For me it would not be enough to justify the cost of powder coating. This is coming from someone who isn't a big fan of black wheels overall, but I like the way they look with magnetic.

OP
OP
ChaoticFury09

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
I think those look good because they are a darker shade of gray than the car. Pure black wheels might look a little better, but not much. For me it would not be enough to justify the cost of powder coating. This is coming from someone who isn't a big fan of black wheels overall, but I like the way they look with magnetic.
Thanks for your help. I was basically following that same train of thought but it never hurts to get an unbiased opinion. The more the better.