Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
$6900 is what I paid for it, which from what I know currently, I believe to be a steal.

1667017376034.png

First, let's go over what we know, or what we believe we know to be objectively true. At a glance, the body and fenders appear to mostly be straight. While the front-end isn't entirely perfect, it does appear to be in a good condition. Looking down the passenger side, the fender to door gap looks good, the door to rear quarter looks good, and the side skirt to door looks good. Passenger door looks like it's sealing fine. Rear wheel is sucked in a touch, but I think that's mainly because of the skinny stock wheel. Doesn't appear to have tail whipped a curb or something. Looking at down the driver side looks to be about the same story, nothing yet arising concern. Coming around to the back, we don't yet see any exhaust tips, but we do see a little tire buildup after the wheel which shows that they were doing donuts, drag racing, or potentially some drifting. Nothing too bad here, and as we go back to the rear passenger side, we see the bumper shows a little sign of abuse, no biggie, probably loose, but not feeling as if it's just tossed on the rear, would expect to see plenty more damage or forcing it, looks more loose than anything.

Looking inside the car, we see the driver wheel airbag has likely gone off, but the A and C pillars are still good, as are the seats. There is a shifter knob there, but it's an automatic with the top trigger, not the squeeze collar for the reverse lockout as seen in a manual. It has the flip switches and fancy LCD screen, so I'm going to guess this is the 400A package, as it doesn't have the digital dash. It does not appear to be a performance pack, as it has 3 A/C guages, and not the 2 A/C and vacuum/fuel pressure gauges. The door skins are off, but look to be included with the car in a later shot, but as I'm stripping the car, I don't really care either way, and looking at the back seat, it looks like they just tossed the bottom piece back in. I'm going to guess that they were drag racing, and tossed some of the easy weight savings back in after their incident. Coming back around to the front, we see the striker in the hood latch, so with the windshield damaged as it is, and now seeing the hood hinge/latch pushing the tips of the fenders up on the top side, it would appear that the hood flew up. Looking at the intake manifold, we can see that the metal tab of the passenger side fuel rail is exposed, which would normally go to the high pressure fuel pump, and looking to the driver side, we actually see it exposed as well, but the black hose with the bright green tab is there. Looking at the front of it, we see the stock airbox, no MAF, no EGR, PCV, crossovers, or any of that hooked up. I guess that explains at least why the car couldn't run and drive, or even engine start program. Here's hoping they didn't run it a few times and soak the dang engine in gas. Fuse box has them all exposed, but I don't have a good quality picture enough to see if they're all there.

The ad states missing transmission and cat, so I'm going to guess that the exhaust is either fully missing, or dump/straight piped, and if the auto transmission is truly gone, perhaps that's how the previous crew got the car to loss figure enough for it to be considered salvage, because if it is just a windshield and dented roof, that's far, far away from a total. Looking at the stickers still on it, I've got something to go check on Social Media, and sure enough, after a few clicks, I find it, some videos of some street and drag racing, and a big beefy Whipple.

1667017391495.png

I have yet to see under the car and validate these claims, but with the engine there, I don't yet have any reason to suspect that it's been fouled up. This is where I start assuming, but I'm guessing if somebody had a scary incident like that and wanted out of it, last thing they'd do is get back in it again and do some crazy destructive stuff like blow up a motor. Hearing and seeing it in other places, the motor had previously done 1000hp+, so not sure how hurt it is, but assuming the worst, nothing that we can't fix by a cleaning bore and some new pistons and rods built for serious abuse. It looks like it will at least roll, and whatever, if any, pieces are missing from the driveline, I've got a hopefully pretty decent copy of it from the Albuquerque Stripper, ready for a new home.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
What auction site is this? I've been checking CoPart looking for a pure track car...

OP
OP
PaddyPrix

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What auction site is this? I've been checking CoPart looking for a pure track car...
I was using Auto Bid Master, which acts as a proxy to bypass some of the licensing requirements you'd otherwise have to stand up a business for. You're still privy to some of the rules depending on where you are physically domiciled in (VPN tricks don't count here) and where the car is, and certain state rules depending on the title, whether it's salvaged, dismantler-only, etc. In their case, you'd pay a membership fee depending on what features you want, put down a 10% bond/leverage hold (I gave them 1k so I could bet up to 10k), and then they auto calculate the fees, required state taxes, titling, all that.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Iā€™m in on this oneā€¦ your last build was great!

Can you post all the images of the car so we can see the total starting lint you have?

Canā€™t wait to see the tear down/build upā€¦. For what you paid for the entire car, you basically got a free driveline thatā€™s worth more than your price paidā€¦ LOL!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
PaddyPrix

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Once a stripper, always a stripper.

Accomplishment: Interior fully stripped.

Started the day off with a goal of further investigating things, and clearing up some space by removing as much of the interior as could be done. Chiseled out the shattered windscreen but without gloves, could only go so far until we had to go into town and get some thicker ones. Still laughing about this guy there who was just stinking the place as if he was deaf. Speaking of deaf, did you know that those deaf from birth don't know that they're audible?

1670297474031.png

Careful eye will see that there are two layers of windshield sealant. So if I'm now removing this, then it was also broken prior, not sure if it was done by the previous owner or whether this was part of some rental fleet, which feed the high mileage, a 2018 with 59k miles on it, having sat for maybe 3-6 months in the auto salvage yard because of all that insurance and investigation processes? I say that as, vandalism was listed by allstate as one of the reasons for totaling the car.

1670297498035.png

So as we started moving around removing things and the upper core support for the front looks wonky, and then looking straight down, we see that the plate where the main bumper support would bolt to is shaky, neither of them straight. That and there's some red overspray on the bottom of the headlight, so whoever had it in the accident had it as red, before that wrap. It's still pretty close though, no sort of wrinkle or anything further back, so a low speed front collision that had some give to it suggest perhaps a stack of tires? Looking at the top of the core support, you see like a random plastic plate that's cut, and then a metal plate to hold it together, like something *I* would have done... just worse.

1670297590158.png
1670297564542.png

Don't really have a picture of it, but there were some carpets thrown over the dash which a quick eye would have written off as like anti-glare protection, but then inspecting the passenger side dash, there's black tape, and the Mustang badge missing, which ... is strange. It's not a cool keepsake like build number whatever, and calling that a keepsake is a bit of a stretch. Having that airbag in there to sell, also a stretch, no dice, but semi to be expected, as that was blown, as was the wheel and the driver kneebag. Strange A and C pillars didn't fire, but I'm sure they have their reasons.

1670297616489.png

Looking at the rear, we see that the whole fuel pump assembly is gone, the ring and jimmy hat are there though, which with the previous owner doing 1000rwhp means it would have had to come out anyhow, it's nowhere close to adequate fuel delivery. A few wires look to have been split and used for guessing power and variable signals, and maybe one was yanked out of the fuel pump driver control module, will check that up next time I'm back with it, and since the stripper doesn't need her lovely lady pumps time to go under the knife. Debating whether to switch out the whole tank, not like she's going anywhere, anyhow.

1670297738112.png
1670297756924.png

Back of the trunk looked fine, nothing really remarkable other than a few maybe inch diameter holes drilled in the passenger side of the rear tire well. We were trying to figure what it'd be, perhaps diff cooling, didn't seem like an airbag type of car, perhaps something like a snow meth kit. Dun really matter now though.

1670297706193.png

Yanked out the bluetooth shifter, if you didn't know, that's all it really is, and a few cables to tell the trans what to do. It's almost like the manual, almost. I haven't had an automatic in so long, forgot what they were like. No transmission though, clearly stated in the ad, not really thinking I'm going to do the auto, been a real big coin-toss for me. I don't think it's up to task, or at least on my diet coke budget.

1670297782541.png

and so as the sun started to go down for the day, we were pretty much done. I've still got to scrape all that crap off, 1000F Wagner heat gun and a scraper, then just blast it for 10-20 seconds until it starts to bubble and just gently push at the right angle. Smells kinda funny at times, so get some air, and well, not much else left in the car, that's about all it got.

1670297799254.png

So, I guess not having all that stuff is kinda cool and not, thought it'd be nice to have a few more things to flip, but it's not like I'm really wanting to do any more work with my back not fully there, so having it gone and out and not having to toss it up on e-bay is almost nice. Do have some airbags to flip, moved the seats, and it's literally the frame, a few panels, an engine just dangling in there with no oil pump, water pump, crank snout, fuel injectors, high pressure fuel pump, missing like 6 coils, looked down the hpfp hole and engine looked clean and dry, but did see springs, perhaps a cam or two is in there. Can see the back of the crank from the back, so at least we've got that. With the front support busted, might just as well take that off, remove the headlights, and like roll the motor forward and out. Good news is that if I can cherry pick the trans and motor out of the stripper, we can literally just walk it right back in, which is kinda nice, I guess.

To-do as I know of it today, semi stack ranked, semi laundry listed
  • cage it up
    • probably a watson s550 race cage. the r&d is obviously there, probably save a bunch of time getting one of these and just welding it up.
    • the front bar leads me to believe the stock dash can be modified to fit onto it.
  • fix the roof
    • (https://www.onlinefordpartscatalog.com/oem-parts/ford-roof-panel-fr3z6350202c)
  • fuel system
  • make some sort of fiberglass skin/shell for the door since the cage does that safety thing
  • engine
  • transmission
  • driveshaft
  • rear diff
  • half axle/shafts
  • dash transplant
  • brake transplant
    • might get new front calipers, since I'm worth it
    • gotta get those sweet bleeder valves
  • probably new hubs and studs from all the rolling must have put some silly side tension on them
  • computer swap so macho thinks he's the stripper, oh yeah.

OP
OP
PaddyPrix

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Handle me with care
Physical front, no updates. Calls to a shitty HMO and getting runarounds and shitty medical offices who are well, I guess wholly inept and incapable of seeing me, so with the holiday weekend and whatnot, it'll be December, 10+ weeks since that incident. I guess there aren't really any other options other than to medicate or operate, and I only need their help for one of those options. No stranger to pain breaking legs, hand, blowing up my knees, but little/no improvement halfway through the 3-4 month estimate that I got 2 months ago is the part that's quietly tearing me up. I still go out to our events, hug and kiss babies, cheer and support the homies however I can, but man, this f***ing sucks. With less than 2 months to go to our season opener, even if the car magically is ready to go, I'm likely not. Sucks. It probably won't be, but my rarely mature mind says that it's a whole new car, and I'm going to have to shakedown, likely find out parts are broken or not entirely in great condition.

The waiting is the hardest part
Haven't been totally sitting on my hands this whole time though.

1670297974529.png
1670297955190.png

So last we spoke, I've stripped the Stripper, and had some giggles along the way, like I guess I need to lose even more weight for next season out. I think I was like 195 when I did this, but I'd guess there's some physics that played a roll in these.

1670297990439.png

Cage acquired, and thanks to some of you whom I consulted, ended up going with a TrackSpec cage which is better geared towards tall, devastatingly handsome men, such as myself. Absolutely nothing wrong with the Autopower cage I had in before, was just looking at getting something set up shortly. That, and trying to keep up the status quo, as my friends in non-crashed cars went with their Camaro cages this offseason too. Glad to see more getting solidified and raising their safety game though, plus, I was taking on another 175-200 pounds that they weren't, so, I guess a slightly more level playing ground.

Still trying to figure out the logistics of it right now, as Macho Man (ooooh yeah) is about 90 minutes north, and the Stripper is in my garage. My friends offering to weld up are down here, and the car is up there. I'm sure I'll figure something out, just trying to think of places or friends down this way who can loan out a garage and electricity for a few days.

1670298009526.png

Had a moment free to do some unboxing and check out the Optic Armor Windows. Thanks for the heads up about them potentially taking a while, called and grab one of the last sets they had, clear 1/4" front, and a light tint 3/16" rear. I don't know what thickness the OEM glass is, but my inaccurate bathroom scale and quick math shows the front at 16-17#, and the rear is much smaller, and 7-8#, which puts the front glass around 30# and having to wrap and lift it out on back to back days a few weeks ago, yeah, sounds about right. I found humor in the INSPECT THE GLASS OR ELSE stickers, because like, I was tracking with a decent sized side-to-side crack windshield for like the past year.

1670298025500.png

Also got two sets of Watson's solid Coyote mounts. Why two? Well, I'm one of those jerks with 2m Fabrication Long tubes, which seem to never be the same thing twice, some people just toss them on, and some people toss them on, bang the shiznit out of them to get the steering shaft through, and then bang them again to clear the K and trans tunnels and whatnot. I'm going to try my best to get it with the shorty and lower my CoG a touch, and if that doesn't work for some reason, well, I've got the stock height set too.

Also decided against both of the K-members, not that I really have a distaste for BMR or Steeda (or do I ... DUN DUN DUNNNN) ... but at the last event I was talking to the powers that be in my region (and nationally too) and both of those would be assessed the dreaded body modification penalty in Super Touring 2 (and probably 1-4) which I'm trying to avoid. While I was looking at them for just weight savings, they can also improve the geometry over the stock OEM K-Member, giving me what could be seen as an advantage over those who don't have that. Sure, some vehicles and editions come more track-oriented from the factory than others, but at my desired power/weight level, it'd have to really, really improve things. I don't doubt that the Cortex would fix things up bigtime, and that's why it likely carries a hefty price tag for the quality, materials, and R&D time, but even if money wasn't an issue, it takes me from a car pretty much at the ST2/TT2 boundary and puts around middle of ST1/TT1. Although, in all honestly, I'm probably still going to move up to, something I had been mentioning back in the Stripper thread too, because if I'm beating the 1's in 2 form, I might be the one who helps us all get into free tire territory.

Great Wide Open
Thanksgiving a few days away, just wanted to share my thanks and appreciation to all of you listening, helping, and reading. As much as I want to say that I'm doing it all on my own, that's not entirely correct as I'm up all hours of the night bouncing ideas off you, even have a few part-time internet pick-a-part bloodhounds finding me part after part, and the best dang track fam there is. I am definitely the one crashing it into walls and driving it across the grass and kicking up giant ass clouds of dust that tend to outlive the car. As I'm in one of those retail-related industries where we are pretty much work around the clock for the next week or so, I'll be looking forward to your turduckens and whatnot. Don't feel sorry for me though, the stuffing, biscuits, and mashed potatoes, to me, are better than the Turkey anyhow, and I can't wait to pick them up on a crazy discount like two days after Cyber Monday.

I also have two 2018 GT's, base and premium that I'm trying to gut, so if you know anybody looking for something, especially the less popular, chances are I have it. Cannot tell you how many times I've been asked for a front bumper, hood, leather seats, or digital dash though. I've actually rented a storage unit just to make more space in my garage. Maybe I'll give away an evap core to a lucky reader who can guess a number between 1 and 2.

OP
OP
PaddyPrix

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Second-to-last dance with Mary Jane

1670298131193.png

It was a nice day out, so figured I'd take the ol' girl out for her penultimate voyage. Strapped up and got to enjoy the fine SoCal countryside along some of the back roads to bypass our congested highways.

1670298151592.png
What was to be a long weekend or two for my Mom to watch nationals turned her into a multi month unpaid caregiver and e-brake operations expert. She didn't complain too loudly when we closed her in to that dashless, seatless, steering-wheel-less car which we were going to load onto the trailer. After we winched it up, took a nice trip home, and then had to get chained up to work for the week of Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday where we sat around and fought over the scraps that AWS left behind for me. Please stop buying crap from big companies on those days so that I don't have to work and spend 18+ hours on a Zoom call watching charts, order your stuff from smaller people who don't pay my employer millions and millions and millions per year.

and now... here's something completely different.

1670298171435.png
Laid out the TrackSpec cage and started trying to put it all together. They do a really nice job of labeling every tube with a number, description, and even some circles to suggest where things bolt up to which makes it really nice, so nice, that even a first timer like me can figure it out.

1670298194368.png
Figured since I had to change out the roof, for the time being, might as well create a little more room and cut a hole in it, and start working on what might be the first NASA-approved sunroof. To get the roof off, you have to remove the front and rear windshields, and drill or grind out all of those welds, and they have an awful lot on the underside, like 25 for the rear alone. I wasn't having much luck with the drill bit, so guessing the way might be to toss on a grinder wheel, and grind down through the first of the 3 layers that hold it in place. It feels pretty solid in there, and curious why Ford has that many on it to begin with, it's not like it's really going to fly off, is it?

1670298210278.png
1670298225710.png
Borrowed a friend named Miller, and another friend named Jaysson, and so we started to make some sense of the nonsense. Really like how the TrackSpec base pieces are also laser cut on the boxes/plates that the cage stands off from.

1670298245504.png
Still a little more to go, just tacking things down, but holy moly that seam filler they use is a pain. Hitting it with a grinder or flapper wheel will produce a massive cloud that just sits, while the stuff being kicked out is a sparkly ember that will go find cabling and melt/cooldown onto the wiring wrap. Plus, it required multiple passes because the grinder disc wouldn't fit into tighter spaces and left some mess behind still. Used a wire wheel on my drill which left things much cleaner behind, no big toxic cloud, but it was so much slower.

The wiring is a pain too, so many wires going to so many things that I'm probably not going to ever use, so I'll have to spend some time trying to trace things around and figure which errors can I mute/hide without disturbing the operation of the car too badly. Talking about disturbing though is I'll swap as much as I can from the Stripper out into Macho. Not so much that it's the Auto vs Manual, but it's just the known knowns vs the known unknowns and unknown unknowns. She's that ex that's bad for you, and won't ever go away. Other than going with an aftermarket ECU, there's nothing wrong with stripping off like... everything not required, right? Been doing the math, and think I can get this low-mid 3100's with no carbon fiber. We'll see, still plenty of ideas and things brewing, plus the rule changes that I gotta double check and re-read through. Not going to use a full dash if I can figure something out, the stock dash weighs like 40#, and that's too much for just a start button and the occasional time I'll glance down to check temps. Might like cut it in half or just yank and remount the instrument cluster. Dunno yet, need to finish all this crap beforehand.

Did you know that you can render like a c6, c7, and c8 Corvette useless by lack of TPMS? I did not.

OP
OP
PaddyPrix

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m in on this oneā€¦ your last build was great!

Can you post all the images of the car so we can see the total starting lint you have?

Canā€™t wait to see the tear down/build upā€¦. For what you paid for the entire car, you basically got a free driveline thatā€™s worth more than your price paidā€¦ LOL!!
Ask and ye shall receive! The vandalism loss type starts making more sense the further I go through the car, somehow the fuel pump was stolen. As was the oil pump, water pump, alternator, most of the coils, sparks, no A/C head unit, I'm going to guess the block is probably empty when I pop it open this weekend. However, not having all of those, also means that somebody space limited such as myself doesn't have to stack up all those parts or wait for the Facebook Marketplace tire kickers, which has got to be the worst experience I've had in a while. It's not entirely Facebook's fault, but rather the people on Facebook. So bad, that I just filled up the trash and recycling cans to the top, and threw it all out, not even worthy of my time anymore. I feel semi sorry for the guy having to buy plastics at Ford markup prices, but they can also afford a warehouse for it, and don't have to deal with the guy having any balls to be like, yo, I know it clearly says $76 on the sheet you've just handed me, but heh hah, okay, so like, you know... what about $32. Plus the previous owner sucked at everything he did, the less unknown quality I have to deal with, compared to my known quality parts, the better off I am, and the less guilt I'm going to feel when some piece of shit fails on somebody.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Ask and ye shall receive! The vandalism loss type starts making more sense the further I go through the car, somehow the fuel pump was stolen. As was the oil pump, water pump, alternator, most of the coils, sparks, no A/C head unit, I'm going to guess the block is probably empty when I pop it open this weekend. However, not having all of those, also means that somebody space limited such as myself doesn't have to stack up all those parts or wait for the Facebook Marketplace tire kickers, which has got to be the worst experience I've had in a while. It's not entirely Facebook's fault, but rather the people on Facebook. So bad, that I just filled up the trash and recycling cans to the top, and threw it all out, not even worthy of my time anymore. I feel semi sorry for the guy having to buy plastics at Ford markup prices, but they can also afford a warehouse for it, and don't have to deal with the guy having any balls to be like, yo, I know it clearly says $76 on the sheet you've just handed me, but heh hah, okay, so like, you know... what about $32. Plus the previous owner sucked at everything he did, the less unknown quality I have to deal with, compared to my known quality parts, the better off I am, and the less guilt I'm going to feel when some piece of shit fails on somebody.
Seems like this car is just insurance fraud to me, whoever owned it threw the whole kitchen sink at it as far as mods. Then you're telling me it was "vandalized" and all the most expensive components were stolen out of it? Lol. I mean yeah, it could have been properly stolen and chopped, but I'm doubtful given the engine is still there. Seems more likely to me that whoever owned it couldn't afford to fix whatever broke and crafted his insurance parachute to get out of it. I suspect if you look closely at that motor, you'l find #8 or #7 has a broken ring land or some severe detonation damage.

Sponsored
OP
OP
PaddyPrix

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
7.3 Godzilla swap?
I dunno, seems that'd be even heavier and less road-race happy motor to throw at this intended purpose. I'd probably go on to say it's a better choice than the Voodoo, perhaps even the mighty 302. Shame that it weighs about 200 pounds more than an LS, but all that mid-high end doesn't come free I guess. After selling some fenders and old brake rotors, doors, and aluminum fenders, I'm now $10.80 richer, so maybe I can afford to move up from Diet Coke to Diet Coke with Lime. Too early at this point to say.

Seems like this car is just insurance fraud to me, whoever owned it threw the whole kitchen sink at it as far as mods. Then you're telling me it was "vandalized" and all the most expensive components were stolen out of it? Lol. I mean yeah, it could have been properly stolen and chopped, but I'm doubtful given the engine is still there. Seems more likely to me that whoever owned it couldn't afford to fix whatever broke and crafted his insurance parachute to get out of it. I suspect if you look closely at that motor, you'l find #8 or #7 has a broken ring land or some severe detonation damage.
Yeah, the more I look at it, it certainly seems that way. Dude was up to debt to his eyeballs, was probably already taking a big L with the 22% APR, and perhaps didn't have something like a gap policy and realized that he was already out big, and was going to be out even bigger, so instead of removing the front and rear windshields, buying the $504 metal roof, and having it painted... or shittily wrapped and glued/tacked back in, he returned the car back to stock, or at least removed the parts that weren't being insured, and took the smallest loss he could before it got out of hand. Oh well, at least the frame is straight. I think.

2fast2focus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andres
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
Oh this is great - Iā€™m glad you are able to get back into another mustang! Good luck with the build!

OP
OP
PaddyPrix

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Funny how I always seem to build cars during economic downturns and further put myself deeper in a financial hole. Oh well, not like you can take it with you.

Cage is in, car is beefed up with some heavy duty gusseting.

1685142333368.png

1685142340904.png

Just finished my NASA Rule Book degree to what I can and can't remove, and figuring all the gray areas in between. We're going to be pretty light, although I don't have the time (or care) to fully seam weld things, but like what I had done with the Stripper, if you don't need to be here, you aren't welcome. Differently, things like the rear shelf, that heavy metal plate between the rear bucket seats, going without a dash, evap core, PCM, BCM, PATS, etc and all of that heavy wiring which the majority of it is rendered useless when going to a full-time standalone ECU. After converting, the only wires running past the driver are what, fuel/transfer pump power/signal, brake lights, maybe a diff cooling pump?

So that different angle is as light as possible. Last season we had 4 tracks in SoCal, 2 power tracks (Auto Club + Willow Springs) which we won with power, and 2 small turny tracks (Buttonwillow + Chuckwalla) which we did okay at, but the speed and G's would chew through expensive tires, but NASCAR converting Auto Club Speedway into a brothel meant that instead of doing my weight off of the power (470rwhp), I'm going to go as light as can, and then step the power back some. So far the goal is around 3300-3400 with fuel and my fat 200# ass in it, which has me going closer to stock levels, doing my 8:1 math off the weight for the power target, instead of the power target to figure the weight. Reason being, last year's nats, the SoCal region had the entire top 10 other than 1st and 7th, so coming in at 3605 doesn't seem like a great idea as most of these are right around 3000, well, then so shall I.

1685145863315.png

Next is figuring out the pedal box and if you read my last car story, you might recall how I never really felt right with the brakes, so my finger wants to point to the Master Cylinder and Brake Booster, although the accident was from the loosening up of the front right inner bleeder screw working itself loose. Since I was running super sticky A7's and slicks, never had to worry about ABS, going away with the rest of the PP stuff, and will try a refreshed pair of the 6 Piston PP Brembos for a little bit before perhaps exploring other opportunities that aren't like friggin' $8-12k.

Who knows, maybe I'm talking out of my bum. Still a long way to go, but not many 18+ GT have gone this far (any?), so I'm trying to pick and choose where I can be a sacrificial lamb. Biggest annoyance so far is that very few (any?) of the aftermarket ECU's will support the Gen 3 Coyote, because it has both Direct Injection and Port Injection, and that gets into a complicated mess of tables and tables. Switching the heads to Gen2 rids me of the passenger side bung and that lovely High Pressure Fuel Pump which nearly melted the Stripper down to the frame, so slight bias or not, happy to see it go.
Sponsored

Last edited: