Sponsored

BTDUBS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
My kids love it, but they are older and don’t quite fit back there so I just each one to school separately. I do like the added interior space the backseat offers.
My 2 year old rides back there, he loves the Mustang and I love sharing it with him.
Sponsored

jmhutner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grabber Blue Mach 1
I think the 350 is a more special car than the Mach 1 because of the motor, but it's possible that some people would've gotten one if it came in automatic too. It's hard for me to say lol.

People who want to get a manual have the option, but offering an automatic as an option will only net you additional customers who either can't or don't want to row their own gears.

At the end of the day, I think being able to choose which transmission you want is better than being restricted to one or the other.
I've owned both and while I can tell you that the voodoo is special, the Mach 1 is a hell of an automobile and the tremec is a driver's transmission.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
it the Tremec that adds to the allure of the Mach 1. The auto shouldn’t have even been available.
You got that wish with PP2, Bullitt and GT350. Why Manual Man should have all the fun?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Turbo sixes just don't do it for me. I love the styling and size of the Z. I like the size of the Supra even though it has a doggy face. But listening to the fart noises from a turbo six? Nah.

Sponsored

jmhutner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grabber Blue Mach 1
You got that wish with PP2, Bullitt and GT350. Why Manual Man should have all the fun?
Neither the Bullitt nor the PP2 has the tremec.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Turbo sixes just don't do it for me. I love the styling and size of the Z. I like the size of the Supra even though it has a doggy face. But listening to the fart noises from a turbo six? Nah.
Exactly.

The Mach 1 could've come in last and I'd pick it over everything else here (and spec it with a manual). Competent chassis, calculated badass looks, sexy sounds. If it sounded like another generic toot-toot blown sixer I couldn't be fussed about any straight-line discrepancies or additional handling performance because I wouldn't be enjoying the car anywhere near as much in real world use. What's the point of a loud pedal if it's just white noise.

You know how they say it's more fun to drive slow cars fast, instead of fast cars slow? I'd disagree when you've got the soundtrack of the gods attached to said pedal.

The fact that it happens to be the fastest in this race is a cherry on top.

trackd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
August
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP2 (SOLD), 73 240Z RB26DETT
Since I'm a long-time Z fan (had several 240Zs including current RB26DETT swapped and tracked) I'm going to test drive the manual Performance trim Z. Been closely monitoring the Z updates on their forum. I wonder if it will be quicker (handling) and faster (drag) than my stock PP2? I bet tons that at least in the handling dept, my magneride, 6 pot Brembos, Recaros, drive and exhaust modes will still hand it to the Z. Not too sure about straight line pulls though. Will see...

And guys please don't call it the 400Z, just Nissan Z, LOL

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
The Z may have been the slowest stock, but I bet it will be the easiest and cheapest to gain some power with mods.

Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Neither the Bullitt nor the PP2 has the tremec.
Sure, but my point was that they all 3 were manual only with no other choice possible. Mach 1 gives you better manual and the choice for those who want great automatic transmission in more sturdy and sportier version. No need to like it or get it, but why wish they wouldn't make it? Choice matters.

Some people may think what they want about automatics in performance cars but fact is, people love them and buy them and enjoy them very much.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The Z may have been the slowest stock, but I bet it will be the easiest and cheapest to gain some power with mods.
Counterpoint: the B58 is like the modern day tuner golden child. Insane support and proven reliability up to the 600whp+ range. I think VR30DDTT applications have issues going beyond 450-500whp, although I didn’t read if there are any differences in the construction of this block versus its applications in Infinitis.

josaycuervo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1 (MT, Velocity Blue)
Maybe. I know I am over-generalizing but the first 2-3 years of most new models (or new generations) of vehicle can be problematic until all the kinks and bogeymen can be re-engineered out of the vehicle. So it could take the Z that long to become as reliable as one expects from Japanese models. My tactic was 'normally' to give a new model that long to mature before buying it and it has worked for the 20+ years I have owned Japanese vehicles.

The problem with at least some of Ford's products is they can't seem to get things fully perfected at any time during a model's lifetime. The Mustang S550 should have been perfect by 2017 or 2018, but instead, they are/were still having body and powertrain issues in 2021 models. I've resigned myself to the likelihood I will be doing repairs to my '22 GT on an annual basis almost right out of the chute. It is what it is I suppose.....

I guess what I am saying is sometimes a higher purchase price of quality and reliability more than makes up for the costs and headaches of repair over many years of ownership.
To be honest I've come to expect that from Ford. Generally their MO has been to keep with the times (i.e. add new 'cutting edge' features) but not make it completely reliable or bulletproof. The Japanese tend to do the opposite. As I've gotten older and have less time to tinker with my cars I prefer the Japanese way (30 year old me also thinks new stuff has gotten way too complex). My main daily is an old Acura and I love it to pieces.

Mustang is Ford's baby though. I knew they'd have more passion and throw more money at it than the Explorer, Fusion, etc. It shows. NA V8 vs Turbo'd 6-cylinder are two different animals and the V8 brings something more unique and special to the table. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with yours. Mine has treated me well.

Ogopogo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Prem Vert, 2020 Mazda CX-5 GT Turb
I am sorry to hear you're having trouble with yours. Mine has treated me well.
I actually don't have mine yet but I am psyching myself up for some disappointment. Some might ask why I am buying a Mustang then. Well, as previously noted, I am nostalgic for a growly V8 before I go out 'boots first'.

Grey03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Raptor, 2021 BMW M340i
465420CE-CD70-42AB-A129-439F421FB20C.jpeg

My wife owns a 21 Supra. The Supra is an absolute blast to drive and the B58 is super smooth and powerful.
Sponsored