Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Great Video. I think the non-HP Mach 1 A10 would of been faster. Less weight and downforce but not as much tire so who knows.
I'm pretty happy to see a car with a usable trunk and back seat beat both these very impractical sports cars.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Dissed the 10R80! Love Jason.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I can't wait to see and laugh at the markup at US Nissan dealers on the already overpriced Z. I bet people will be paying $65K out-the-door.

Pity... I was really, really looking forward to this car.
Overpriced vs what? Supra costs more, as does the Mach1. Challenger and Camaro are gonna be dead in like 2yrs so what's another 400+HP coupe you can get with a manual, RWD and LSD? The only real close comparison would be a Performance Package Premium GT and if you add in similar interior options, that GT is going to be about 53K.

The only way to get 400HP+ RWD coupe cheaper than the starting price of the Z is a base model Mustang GT, Challenger RT or Camaro LT1. And at that point your only talking like $3,500, those models have been on the market for 4+ years, and 2 of those options will be dead in 18-24 months.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I'm eager to start seeing these at the track. I know you can spend like $500 and get a quick mod that will add 4PSI for the VR30 already. With the old 7spd that would give them about 400whp/450wtq, so with good tires may see them running high 11's with just that.

BabyDoc1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sierra, ‘21 Expedition, ‘22 Mach 1
And honestly how many people are actually using the backseats in the mustang anyway. With where I have my seats set up front unless you are a 2 year old or have no legs you aren’t sitting back there. I think the Z will do great. I like the look of the Supra, but its too expensive for what it is. I would buy a Z, looked forward to seeing it updated, but honestly for me nothing beats the sound of the coyote.

BabyDoc1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I sat in the supra once, too small, ugly center screen looked like an after thought.
It’s that BMW influence, looks nice in BMW, doesn’t fit in the yota

Sponsored

noGreta!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus IS350 F Sport
Overpriced vs what? Supra costs more, as does the Mach1. Challenger and Camaro are gonna be dead in like 2yrs so what's another 400+HP coupe you can get with a manual, RWD and LSD? The only real close comparison would be a Performance Package Premium GT and if you add in similar interior options, that GT is going to be about 53K.

The only way to get 400HP+ RWD coupe cheaper than the starting price of the Z is a base model Mustang GT, Challenger RT or Camaro LT1. And at that point your only talking like $3,500, those models have been on the market for 4+ years, and 2 of those options will be dead in 18-24 months.
You ain't wrong. Your point makes good sense when you compare the Z with what we have in the current market and by all means I am very happy Nissan dared to make this car in today's world.

However, I harken back in the days where my car wasn't a Wi-Fi hotspot and didn't need lane assist, pre-collision assist or all the other bloated tech that has increased MSRPs drastically. If it weren't for such easy and cheap financing that we all enjoyed for so many years, these prices would place these cars far from the reach of the middle class that they supposedly have as their target audience.

I guess I am a grouchy dinosaur but I still miss the simplicity and affordability of my 1998 Cobra and 1999 FRC C5 (both of which I was able to afford to pay with cash).

YankeeVol

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrell
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT/CS, '22 F-150 Tremor
And honestly how many people are actually using the backseats in the mustang anyway. With where I have my seats set up front unless you are a 2 year old or have no legs you aren’t sitting back there. I think the Z will do great. I like the look of the Supra, but its too expensive for what it is. I would buy a Z, looked forward to seeing it updated, but honestly for me nothing beats the sound of the coyote.
That's one of the reasons I went for a Mustang over a Corvette or anything similar. My little girls like to go fast too.

BabyDoc1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's one of the reasons I went for a Mustang over a Corvette or anything similar. My little girls like to go fast too.
My kids love it, but they are older and don’t quite fit back there so I just each one to school separately. I do like the added interior space the backseat offers.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
speaking of corvettes my friend has a new corvette. The Mach 1 with the tremec has WAY MORE muscle car feel than the automatic vette.

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
And honestly how many people are actually using the backseats in the mustang anyway.
As a single guy with no girlfriend/wife — I use those seats way more often than you would expect.

It's really handy to be able to fit 3-4 people in the car in a pinch, or even just have the extra trunk space you wouldn't get otherwise.

That's why I heavily leaned towards Mustang over a Supra or any 2-seater.
Sponsored