Mach1 to Corvette to Mach1

What’s your preference? Mach1 or Corvette or Dark Horse

• Total voters

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I sold my 19 Corvette Grand sport manual for my Mach 1 automatic. No regrets whatsoever.
Nobody is perfect … manual to automatic
Sponsored

putt4doe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
I was looking at the c8 before pulling the trigger on my 23 M1… First and foremost, I liked the fact that I can have back seats in the M1. While I will probably never have the whole family in there, at least I can take both kids at the same time if I need to instead of pick just one. Also, the trunk space was nice to have on the M1, but not super pressing for me.

Overall, I liked the fact that the M1 seemed way more unique and special than the C8. The mach 1 just seems like the perfect drivers car - and one that you won’t be able to buy in 5 years (most likely). I live right down the street from you in Great Falls, VA, and I feel like I see 40 corvettes on a Saturday or sunday. Definitely not the case with M1’s! I also felt like the Mach 1 was less flashy for me… most people just think it’s ”just a mustang”, which is exactly what I wanted.

Couldn’t be happier with the M1. Great car that puts a smile on your face every time you’re behind the wheel!

OP
OP
Code

Code

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Huk
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Tri-White
I agree, not many M1 on the streets around here for sure. Might throw on my stock wheels and head to cars and coffee in Georgetown Pike this morning.

I was looking at the c8 before pulling the trigger on my 23 M1… First and foremost, I liked the fact that I can have back seats in the M1. While I will probably never have the whole family in there, at least I can take both kids at the same time if I need to instead of pick just one. Also, the trunk space was nice to have on the M1, but not super pressing for me.

Overall, I liked the fact that the M1 seemed way more unique and special than the C8. The mach 1 just seems like the perfect drivers car - and one that you won’t be able to buy in 5 years (most likely). I live right down the street from you in Great Falls, VA, and I feel like I see 40 corvettes on a Saturday or sunday. Definitely not the case with M1’s! I also felt like the Mach 1 was less flashy for me… most people just think it’s ”just a mustang”, which is exactly what I wanted.

Couldn’t be happier with the M1. Great car that puts a smile on your face every time you’re behind the wheel!

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
The Mach 1 has body lines and beautiful general styling that is evocative of many of the most timeless classic European GT cars from Aston Martin, Ferrari, Jaguar and others. One guy’s opinion but I think the S550 will go down as a stylistic member of this elite group. I agree with my wife (who knows next to nothing about cars and doesn’t care) that the C8 looks like a Transformer grown up. Check out this 550 Maranello below to get an idea of what I mean. If you squint just a little…
IMG_0513.jpeg

Then, in spite of it‘s 4-cam sweetness the Mach 1 sounds for all the world like 1969. Admittedly I live in track mode with the AE and until I’m threatened with incarceration that’s where I’ll stay. I’m selfish enough that I don’t care who likes it or doesn’t. To me the C8 honestly sounds a lot like an old 250 horse Mercury outboard running out of water. It hurts my ears.

And finally, unlike the C8 I can actually get in and out of my Mach 1. That’s somewhat important to me.

I can get a deal on a Corvette so price was pretty close to the same. Still, I didn’t have to think about it.

Last edited:

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Great amount of inputs on this thread, Google suggested this video in my feed and it was very entertaining. Gives insight on what others around the world think of Mustangs.

Sold my Oxford White Mach1 thinking Corvette would be a good choice, after a few months I I took an opportunity to jump back to a Mach1.
There’s some benefits to the C7 Corvette but they have some really tough issues that made me leave, the car is basically a furnace with an old pushrod engine with poor interior build quality. It’s basically the size of a Miata with a truck engine made to pull trees off the roots. If it didn’t rattle like a Kia Rio Cinco or Geo Metro inside I’d ignore the negatives.

Positives are the exterior looks, it is great on the outside.
IMG_0191.jpeg

IMG_0190.jpeg

IMG_0187.jpeg

Not sure if anyone has a C7 but I’ll be looking to sell the glass roof and OEM fenders.

First thing I did when I got my Mach1 again is get those birds nest wheels, just waiting on getting scheduled to install the stage 2 Whipple and suspension items.
IMG_0235.jpeg

IMG_0233.jpeg

IMG_0236.jpeg

Have a C7 Z06 w/auto, and a 2019 GT350. Both are great and fun cars. O-60 and top speed are no contest winners for the C7. Mustangs unfortunately are noticeable heavier, no matter the model, but especially so with the GT500. Two easy, low cost, no warranty impact, bolt on's for the Corvette bring it up to 710 hp. The supercharged engine especially so due to the nature of its operation over and above a naturally aspirated engine. One easy, no warranty impact for the GT350 brings it up to 550 hp. Of course the Voodoo engine sound is a real winner.
Happy to own both. No significant interior differences between the two - averga American stuff.
That's why I changed the C7 seats to customer made, overseas, 100% Italian leather, reproductions of the Ferrari 812 seats - fabulous comfort, fit, looks, and smell, brings rave reviews. Not cheap, but worth it. Looks cool with the adrenaline red stripe down the center on a black seat, to compliment the red/black interior.

Eachj to their own.

Sponsored

Towerism

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Premium 6M
I ordered a dark horse, because I sold my 21 Mach1 several months ago and began to regret it. I was a little sad thinking I wouldn’t have a chance to get into a 6 speed Mach1 again. Then I found a brand new loaded fjg 23 Mach1 Premium 6-speed non-hp sitting on a dealer lot at around $3K under MSRP. I couldn’t pass it up. I might still consider the dark horse. But chances are I’m not gonna want to part with the Mach1. Fjg is just a better color than blue ember in my opinion. Much easier to keep clean and still looks 🔥. Oh yea physical hvac controls are a plus too.