Sponsored

Mach-e prototype 1400

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Like others have said that Mach E is cool... it is also a rtr designed prototype that will never see light of day has 7 motors and 1400hp. if it was a real consumer car would cost 300k The actual consumer mach e that is coming is totally boring looking had fake sounds and the inside from what Ive seen is boring and plain and just a screen. if you are gonna throw milions into a specifically designed marketing tool designed and built by a top notch performance company and give it 7 motors and 1400 hp, then any car can be cool.

I live in ashevile NC and we are at the far end of Fords electric testing network. we have had no less then 12 test mach-es come through town and have been seen around and the engineers talked too and even on the news. I can tell you in person the Mach-e is not cool. its just a grocery getter kid hauler.

Here is a video walk around of one at our outlet mall. we see them here all the time they say they drive this rought from dearborn to here to test range and the charging net work.

ugly car.

MustangJoe84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 GT, 1998 GT Sport, 2003 Mach1, 2015 GT
I was in the Mach-E hate camp for a day or so after it was introduced.
Remember, they were originally toying with the idea to call it a Mach1 (which really bothered me) and Ford changed it after many of us voiced 'concerns'.
But I have to give a lot of credit to Ford lately. They seemed to have found their way back, in my opinion, for the following reasons:
Mach-E will have a 459hp/600 tq GT version that competes directly with the Tesla dual motors. This will get Karen to the grocery store faster than most of our regular Mustangs, for those who want/need this type of vehicle.
They have continued to roll out specialty Mustangs like the Bullitt, GT500, GT350 Heritage and now the Mach1 (yea) traditional Mustang faithful.
They have introduced the killer Bronco 2 and 4 doors with a manual option, and Bronco Sport to compete with Jeep and a new F-150 with totally cool truck features.

Varanjar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang EcoBoost
The vehicle is fine. The name is the problem. In my opinion, this is what happens when you let your marketing people take too much control. These are wildly unimaginative people who are only concerned with data, and can see no further than the fact that a) the name "Mustang" is on a car that sells well. Therefore, to their tiny brains, b) any car similarly named "Mustang" will also sell well. To them, it's all just like magic. And it may turn out to be a financial success, who knows. But all the same, it subverts the "spirit" of what a Mustang is, and plays into the cynicism of those who criticize the very idea that anyone should care.

Sponsored

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Woah didn’t mean to start the whole mach e isn’t a mustang thread up again which again I agree with and it would’ve been even cooler if they had actually made an electric drift mustang. I just wanted to show a cool concept though obviously it won’t ever be an actual car that ford makes mostly due to warranty/reliability issues with that much power. Regardless I still think that much power and what’s essentially a crossover drifting is cool.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Just no. #notamustang...looks like a damn Mazda. I look forward to deriding it at Ford Carlisle next week in person. Thankfully the Mach 1 and GT500 will be there to remind people of true mustangs.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Mustang...15 years from now when the infrastructure and technology are ready.
Well only 2% of consumers buy EV's. Which means 98% are buying combustion vehicles. It's more profitable for auto manufactures to make combustion engines more efficient @ $5000 bucks a pop rather than $15K worth of EV motors. That 2% won't miraculously change over night. Economy 101: the more you buy, the less it'll cost. Combustion engines will last at current estimates way into 2045 at least.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DonnieO

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
Like others have said that Mach E is cool... it is also a rtr designed prototype that will never see light of day has 7 motors and 1400hp. if it was a real consumer car would cost 300k The actual consumer mach e that is coming is totally boring looking had fake sounds and the inside from what Ive seen is boring and plain and just a screen. if you are gonna throw milions into a specifically designed marketing tool designed and built by a top notch performance company and give it 7 motors and 1400 hp, then any car can be cool.

I live in ashevile NC and we are at the far end of Fords electric testing network. we have had no less then 12 test mach-es come through town and have been seen around and the engineers talked too and even on the news. I can tell you in person the Mach-e is not cool. its just a grocery getter kid hauler.

Here is a video walk around of one at our outlet mall. we see them here all the time they say they drive this rought from dearborn to here to test range and the charging net work.

ugly car.

I'll be on the lookout for one next week when i go to Asheville.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It'll out run your mustang. :like:
I would be willing to bet that either my Mustang, my Fiesta or my 944 would out run it. Unless the race is absurdly short. A typical 500 mile race would show the limitations of current electric technology. I doubt that thing even has a 50 mile range.

I'm not quite sure why you're so negative. It's awesome to see technology. If you don't care then you shouldn't even reply.
I love technology. But electric vehicles are still crappy. I was just watching an episode of Motorweek and they were talking about a new Audi CUV thing and a Mini that were all electric. Both had ranges less than 150 miles. They were bragging that the Audi has a super fast recharge time. IIRC they could recharge enough for 76 miles in 35 minutes or something like that. So impractical. Bottom line is this electric tech still sucks big time compared to gasoline engine cars. Battery tech just isn't good enough yet.
Sponsored