Mach E: Ford’s Mustang-Inspired Electric Vehicle

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Let's face it, Ford's stock is now junk status and for a good reason. They don't wanna build cars any more, and lots of us still want new cars. I don't want or need an SUV, I certainly have no use for a truck, not that I have anything against them, I just don't need the size, or the hefty price tags that they offer. Set aside the fact that Ford broke with 50 years of iconic tradition by not offering the new GT500 with a stick as an option, set aside the cars are now designed by millenials, set aside the fact that prices for new vehicles are waaaay out of line with what things are actually worth, set aside the poor body panel alignment and paint issues/quality issues from the factory....I just flat out would never want or buy an electric vehicle...and its insulting to cars in the past to use the iconic Mach name. Ford yet again proves to me, they don't know their market or who has the money to write checks for their new vehicles...it certainly isn't he millenials who live in mom's basement while working at the local Starbucks because their sociology of the family degree couldn't get them a really good job... Ford has put me in a position to look at other car manufacturers for the first time in 30 years for a new vehicle. I'm thinking a Subaru for my next new daily, since Ford doesn't want to build cars in America any longer. And I won't be replacing my '18 GT for anything electric or newer after I watch how poorly my Ford cars have dropped in value after buying all of them new. My Fiesta ST, I paid 23k for just over a year ago, well I was offered 13k in trade in the other day by a Ford dealer! A car with 6k miles on it, I bought new and paid cash for, is now worth roughly 10k less in just a year! Sorry Ford, I'm done with you and your poorly made cars that don't hold their value...my money will be spent elsewhere from now one....and certainly it will never be spent on an electric car!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Let's face it, Ford's stock is now junk status and for a good reason. They don't wanna build cars any more, and lots of us still want new cars. I don't want or need an SUV, I certainly have no use for a truck, not that I have anything against them, I just don't need the size, or the hefty price tags that they offer. Set aside the fact that Ford broke with 50 years of iconic tradition by not offering the new GT500 with a stick as an option, set aside the cars are now designed by millenials, set aside the fact that prices for new vehicles are waaaay out of line with what things are actually worth, set aside the poor body panel alignment and paint issues/quality issues from the factory....I just flat out would never want or buy an electric vehicle...and its insulting to cars in the past to use the iconic Mach name. Ford yet again proves to me, they don't know their market or who has the money to write checks for their new vehicles...it certainly isn't he millenials who live in mom's basement while working at the local Starbucks because their sociology of the family degree couldn't get them a really good job... Ford has put me in a position to look at other car manufacturers for the first time in 30 years for a new vehicle. I'm thinking a Subaru for my next new daily, since Ford doesn't want to build cars in America any longer. And I won't be replacing my '18 GT for anything electric or newer after I watch how poorly my Ford cars have dropped in value after buying all of them new. My Fiesta ST, I paid 23k for just over a year ago, well I was offered 13k in trade in the other day by a Ford dealer! A car with 6k miles on it, I bought new and paid cash for, is now worth roughly 10k less in just a year! Sorry Ford, I'm done with you and your poorly made cars that don't hold their value...my money will be spent elsewhere from now one....and certainly it will never be spent on an electric car!
Wow! I wanted to like your post until I read towards the end. Buy any car and try to trade it at a dealer a year later. See what happens. I don't think this is Ford's fault. Just the dealer trying to make as much money as possible.

I have a Fiesta ST as well. I really like it, but I think I'm in the minority. It's not difficult to find them on dealer's lots. Mine is a 2018 and I bought it with 500 miles on it. Basically the dealer was trying to sell it for 2 years and not succeeding. Most people seem to like big cars these days. Frankly, the Fiesta ST seems plenty big to me. Lots more room than in my Z06, that's for sure.

I do agree with you about electric cars. I think most people don't want them yet. Batteries still need a lot of improvement. Even the people that don't care about engines/cars and think about them as appliances don't want them. And I think that's the market. Electrics aren't good enough for their to be much of an enthusiast market yet. Also, electric cars seem really dangerous to work on, so less of a hobbyist kind of car. I'm a gas engine guy, so Ford or any other car company isn't going to sell an electric car to me either.

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Wow! I wanted to like your post until I read towards the end. Buy any car and try to trade it at a dealer a year later. See what happens. I don't think this is Ford's fault. Just the dealer trying to make as much money as possible.

I have a Fiesta ST as well. I really like it, but I think I'm in the minority. It's not difficult to find them on dealer's lots. Mine is a 2018 and I bought it with 500 miles on it. Basically the dealer was trying to sell it for 2 years and not succeeding. Most people seem to like big cars these days. Frankly, the Fiesta ST seems plenty big to me. Lots more room than in my Z06, that's for sure.

I do agree with you about electric cars. I think most people don't want them yet. Batteries still need a lot of improvement. Even the people that don't care about engines/cars and think about them as appliances don't want them. And I think that's the market. Electrics aren't good enough for their to be much of an enthusiast market yet. Also, electric cars seem really dangerous to work on, so less of a hobbyist kind of car. I'm a gas engine guy, so Ford or any other car company isn't going to sell an electric car to me either.
How is a car with 6k miles on it, in flawless condition end up taking a 10k devaluation in 1 year? And from what I'm being told, its on the Focus, the Fusion too...its outrageous. I was shopping the car out because I'm just too big for it, and even though I like it, I bump my head pretty much everytime I get in and out of it. I even went to ST Octane Academy twice, I've bought 3 new Fords in 2 years...I'm used to losing a few grand driving a new car off the lot...but 10k? That's just outrageous! You can't justify that.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
How is a car with 6k miles on it, in flawless condition end up taking a 10k devaluation in 1 year? And from what I'm being told, its on the Focus, the Fusion too...its outrageous. I was shopping the car out because I'm just too big for it, and even though I like it, I bump my head pretty much everytime I get in and out of it. I even went to ST Octane Academy twice, I've bought 3 new Fords in 2 years...I'm used to losing a few grand driving a new car off the lot...but 10k? That's just outrageous! You can't justify that.
Sorry, but it's just low demand for the product, plus some dealer profit built in. The car reviewers (and I) really like the Fiesta ST, but there aren't that many of the car buying public that want it. I paid a lot less for my Fiesta ST than you did for yours. I'm the beneficiary of the low demand for that car in the lightly used market.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry guys but the EV wave coming is a lot bigger than most people can comprehend. The only thing that will slow it down a little is the pricing if Ford and the other automakers can come out with an EV priced in the range of a well equipped Edge then they will sell well. EV's are aimed at the millennials and the growing youth who are getting well paying jobs and are concerned about the environment and want a alternative to ICE cars. The automotive world is always changing I can remember when everyone wanted a muscle car then everyone wanted a station wagon then they wanted a economy car then wanted trucks and big suv's. Remember when everyone cried out when Ford dropped the Windsor V8 in favor of the OHC modular V8 now we love our coyote. At this stage of there development I don't think I want and EV to short a range for my liking but who knows maybe someday. My biggest concern is the lithium batteries the automakers need to get together and start recycling batteries or the needs to be a law enacted to forces the recycling of the spent lithium batteries. The last information I can find only 1 percent of lithium batteries made are recycled this in it's self is going to cause a major environmental problem sooner than later then we will all be paying for a problem that needs to be addressed now.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
mustange.jpg

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I've already seen something very similar to that one
1570934241146-png.png

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
More images there and if that is the platform... $40k-$60k is the talk of possible MSRP...
There's no doubt that it will start at least in the mid $40's these cars are not going to be entre level cars read high profits $$$$

AnalogDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT – 6MT, 401A
I guess I'm one of the few Mustang owners that's excited for the Mach E, including the 'Mustang-inspired' styling.

Enthusiasts should be happy that Ford is going all-in on a (supposedly) sporty, stylish, RWD EV rather than a bland Nissan Leaf equivalent.

If the performance, range, and price are close to the rumors, I'm excited to have one of these in my driveway next to my Mustang. It sounds like the perfect counterpoint to a loud, V8 pony car without going full Prius.