Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT
None of the photos are the MachE. You will start seeing photos very soon.
Of course none of them are it. And of course the real photos are coming soon, since they’re likely unveiling it at the LA auto show.

This is exactly my point - no one has seen it. So we don’t know what it’s going to look like, much less a Fusion.

And I’m sorry but I doubt a Ford employee with actual knowledge about the Mach-E would be here bashing it as a Fusion, so I’ll take your insight with a grain a salt.
Sponsored

NastyPumpkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Boosted Mustang GT
LMAO!!!!

NastyPumpkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Boosted Mustang GT
You better not, ever takeoff your rose-colored glasses.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Sloping rooflines are the rage now in SUV's (Mercedes GLE Coupe, BMW X4, 2020 Porsche Cayenne Coupe) and what I suspect we'll see on the Mach E.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Mustang and Bronco are becoming Sub-brands like Raptor/ST/RS
Mustang needs to do this in order to continue it's survival.
All about name recognition and choice.
You'll still have your RWD V8 along side Hybrid and BEV related models.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Mustang and Bronco are becoming Sub-brands like Raptor/ST/RS
Mustang needs to do this in order to continue it's survival.
All about name recognition and choice.
You'll still have your RWD V8 along side Hybrid and BEV related models.
So far not too many electric vehicles are selling. Should be interesting if consumers change their minds and start buying them.

IMO this vehicle needs the Mustang name more than Mustang needs an electric or hybrid version - if sales of vehicles like the CMax are an indicator of how a plug-in hybrid will sell.

OP
OP

MachE

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT
So far not too many electric vehicles are selling. Should be interesting if consumers change their minds and start buying them.

IMO this vehicle needs the Mustang name more than Mustang needs an electric or hybrid version - if sales of vehicles like the CMax are an indicator of how a plug-in hybrid will sell.
Do you know why Musk started Tesla? To prove that electric cars don’t have to be boring like the C-Max. Welcome to a new era of electric cars that are fun to drive, thanks to Elon.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Do you know why Musk started Tesla? To prove that electric cars don’t have to be boring like the C-Max. Welcome to a new era of electric cars that are fun to drive, thanks to Elon.
There was a Tesla at my last track day. It was on a small track and I was in my 944, but that Tesla seemed fairly quick and he was there for a while. I was impressed. I realize Teslas have a lot of other build issues, but it seems like they could be fun.

I would like to see the Tesla roadsters out and about. I haven't seen one yet.

This Mustang style concept doesn't look like it's really setup to be a lot of fun, but it does look like it will be practical with a tall ride height that most people seem to want nowadays and plenty of room for kids or whatnot. Hopefully Ford will be successful with it so they can continue making somewhat smaller NA V8 cars for me to (potentially) buy.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
The MachE looks nothing like this. It actually looks like a Fusion with Mustang badging, it is hideous. Prototypes are driving around in Dearborn Mi. Ford needs to remove the mustang name off these immediately, and call it something else.
I'm with you 100% with regards the Mustang name. By all accounts the ONLY thing this will share with Mustang is perhaps the name and the pony badge.

Porsche have just revealed the production Taycan and they didn't feel the need to badge it as a 911 (although adding a Turbo badge to an electric car? Perhaps that's German humour).

Anyway NastyPumpkin......as you're in the locale, any idea on timescales for the next REAL Mustang? :)

NastyPumpkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Boosted Mustang GT
I'm with you 100% with regards the Mustang name. By all accounts the ONLY thing this will share with Mustang is perhaps the name and the pony badge.

Porsche have just revealed the production Taycan and they didn't feel the need to badge it as a 911 (although adding a Turbo badge to an electric car? Perhaps that's German humour).

Anyway NastyPumpkin......as you're in the locale, any idea on timescales for the next REAL Mustang? :)

I hope to see the next new changes for the Real 2021 Mustang late winter.

Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Of course none of them are it. And of course the real photos are coming soon, since they’re likely unveiling it at the LA auto show.

This is exactly my point - no one has seen it. So we don’t know what it’s going to look like, much less a Fusion.

And I’m sorry but I doubt a Ford employee with actual knowledge about the Mach-E would be here bashing it as a Fusion, so I’ll take your insight with a grain a salt.

??

Bro, People who live in Detroit Metro are use to seeing prototypes all the time.... only outsiders go crazy and pull out their cameras at every prototype that drives by. My neighbor bring protos home all the time and they sit in his driveway. Out of respect, nobody takes pictures, etc. It is, what it is...

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Unless that camo is hiding things VERY well, I can't see how (badge aside, a possibly the lights) that has ANYTHING in common with Mustang. Not that I'm surprised :(

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It looks like a face lifted Escape to me.

NastyPumpkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Boosted Mustang GT
Definitely NOT the MachE Mustang in any kind of way.
Sponsored