Sponsored

velocirooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mach 1 Prem, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
That’s good news! I’m going to send them these photos so they can do it this way! Looks amazing!
Jay, I'm expecting an IS Mach 1 to come to your lot maybe in the next 5-6 weeks (Aug 9 Build Date). Did you talk to the shop about cutting out for the hood stripe? If so, what would it cost to PPF front bumper and whole hood (less stripe)? Can we get more details about who they are, what they use, etc?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jay at Granger

Jay at Granger

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Jay, I'm expecting an IS Mach 1 to come to your lot maybe in the next 5-6 weeks (Aug 9 Build Date). Did you talk to the shop about cutting out for the hood stripe? If so, what would it cost to PPF front bumper and whole hood (less stripe)? Can we get more details about who they are, what they use, etc?
yes I did talk with the shops, they are able to cut the stripe out if you so choose. Again, depending on how much you drive and how often the car gets washed, they are advising you go over the stripe because of lifting issues.
i have 2 vendors :
1. Dynamic auto detailing - 3M PPF
2. S&C Automotive - Xpel.
you Can tell me who you prefer to do the work and I will get it coordinated.
Are you looking for hood and bumper only? No fenders?

velocirooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mach 1 Prem, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
yes I did talk with the shops, they are able to cut the stripe out if you so choose. Again, depending on how much you drive and how often the car gets washed, they are advising you go over the stripe because of lifting issues.
i have 2 vendors :
1. Dynamic auto detailing - 3M PPF
2. S&C Automotive - Xpel.
you Can tell me who you prefer to do the work and I will get it coordinated.
Are you looking for hood and bumper only? No fenders?
I've researched on "over the stripe versus to the stripe" and i think i've reconciled that i'll almost certainly lose the stripe WHEN i have to refresh the PPF as it ages or it gets misapplied, or i MAY lose the PPF before the same refresh date due to early lifting, so i've decided to cut out for the stripe. On 3M versus Xpel, i'm not educated enough to make an informed decision, though our local tint guy appears to carry 3M, if i add or replace later (read: the quality of the installer matters more to me). I don't believe that i'll need any on the fenders, based on my current 2016 model, but can we quote with and without? Also, i welcome feedback on my logic from those more experienced with PPF.

Mach1BC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bradley
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
I've researched on "over the stripe versus to the stripe" and i think i've reconciled that i'll almost certainly lose the stripe WHEN i have to refresh the PPF as it ages or it gets misapplied, or i MAY lose the PPF before the same refresh date due to early lifting, so i've decided to cut out for the stripe. On 3M versus Xpel, i'm not educated enough to make an informed decision, though our local tint guy appears to carry 3M, if i add or replace later (read: the quality of the installer matters more to me). I don't believe that i'll need any on the fenders, based on my current 2016 model, but can we quote with and without? Also, i welcome feedback on my logic from those more experienced with PPF.
I asked a somewhat similar question in another thread about PPF over the vinyl decals and would like some additional opinions. https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/ppf-questions.161306/

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Getting a GT500 right now is pretty slim. We have a 5-6 people wait list you are welcome to jump on if you would like! 😬
Well, I was able the find a GT500 that was ordered for dealer stock But it’s the perfect spec for me. I didn’t even lose my Mach1 deposit, she just moved it over to the gt500.

Funny thing about the Mach1 is I told her I had a friend who wanted to buy it and she said, they almost had to charge some ADM on the mach1 now because that’s just what they go for..
Sponsored