Mach 1 Track Tour - Chandler, AZ

LowFlying65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
FJG Mach1 # M3579
I was invited to the Mach 1 Track Tour featuring the Shelby GT500 this past weekend. I'm not going to write a novel today but will say: 1) Ford was awesome and Jim Owens was as nice in person as you have probably seen in videos on YouTube (as was the entire team). 2) The Mach 1 is an absolute BEAST! Granted, I don't have a lot to compare it to, but what I experienced and saw first hand impressed the hell out of me. I have zero envy for anything other than maybe a GT500 some day.
Sponsored

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
I was invited to the Mach 1 Track Tour featuring the Shelby GT500 this past weekend. I'm not going to write a novel today but will say: 1) Ford was awesome and Jim Owens was as nice in person as you have probably seen in videos on YouTube (as was the entire team). 2) The Mach 1 is an absolute BEAST! Granted, I don't have a lot to compare it to, but what I experienced and saw first hand impressed the hell out of me. I have zero envy for anything other than maybe a GT500 some day.
Thanks for sharing. I'd love to go to one of their Track Tour days. Glad you got to meet Jim. I had a problem with my local dealer covering a tire warranty that risked me and my two-month old Mach 1 not making it to the Carlisle Ford Nationals last year. He called me directly and came through so the car and I could safely make it to/from last year's the Nationals. His focus was one thing: "what can I do to help?" And then he made it happen. Truly impressive!

DClarkNV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Edge Titanium, 2021 Mach 1, M3892, FJG
I too was fortunate enough to go to this event. It was very well put together and gave me a new appreciation for what the Mach 1 (in very capable hands) can do. I will probably never track my own, but being to put at least 6 laps around their small course (in the driver's seat) along with a ride-along for a couple of laps with someone who put the car to the test is something I won't soon forget. I can see why those who will be tracking the car are going to have a blast doing it!!

We also had a demonstration ride in the GT 500. Awesome car as well, if that is what you ultimately want. Again, a ride along with one of their drivers in a 0-100-0 mph jaunt using launch control set at 2000, then 1200 rpm.

trackd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
August
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP2 (SOLD), 73 240Z RB26DETT
Do you have to have a Mach 1 to sign up for this? I'd like to get the feel of it, might upgrade my PP2 to a Handling Pack someday, maybe soon.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
I thoroughly enjoyed my M1 Track Attack experience...would love to get an invite to this too. Hope I didn't shit can one not reading my junk mail closely enough!? Would love to take another couple of spins in an HP on a track and also experience the GT500.

OP
OP
LowFlying65

LowFlying65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
FJG Mach1 # M3579
Do you have to have a Mach 1 to sign up for this? I'd like to get the feel of it, might upgrade my PP2 to a Handling Pack someday, maybe soon.
There were a mix of owners in our group including Bullitt and GT350's. Have no idea why they sent me an invite but was glad to gol.
Sponsored