Mach 1 Track Attack October 31- November 2

docday64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG, M1333 Mach 1, 2013 Taurus SHO PP
Just signed up for the 2 day course at the end of October. Wife and I are going to make a little vacation out of it since Covid pretty much ruined the rest of our vacation plans this year. Taking the long way home with a stay in Gatlinburg for a couple of days. Heard a lot about driving "The tail of the dragon at deals gap" so will definitely have to work that in along the way, 318 curves in 11 miles.
I had asked about getting an A10 car they told me that they don't even get those cars out for the 2 day events since the 2nd day will be the older Mustangs with standard transmissions. My knee will not be happy with me after these days, definitely taking the ibuprofen with me.
Sponsored

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
Heading out in the morning! Looking forward to two days at FPRS, then I'm taking my Mach 1 to Tail of the Dragon before heading home!

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
Heading out in the morning! Looking forward to two days at FPRS, then I'm taking my Mach 1 to Tail of the Dragon before heading home!
Doug, don’t forget that GoPro footage!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Day one of the Mach 1 Track Attack was awesome. Our cars really are something special. Day two was in the FPRS GTs and, I'm sorry to report, didn't end as well as I tested the effectiveness of the safety restraint systems -- they're great! I'm fine but the number 7 car ended up needing significant front end work after a brief, very intense encounter with the wall coming out of the infield Turn 7 on our last open track session. I've been over it many times in my head and am 99% sure because I was running harder than ever before, the rear end got loose when I crossed the two stripes across the track approaching Turn 7. When I watched the videos from day one, I heard the tires chirp across those stripes, something I didn't hear while driving. The stripes didn't matter at lower speeds but at the edge on day two, it mattered and it all happened so quickly I didn't remember "in a spin, both feet in".

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Day one of the Mach 1 Track Attack was awesome. Our cars really are something special. Day two was in the FPRS GTs and, I'm sorry to report, didn't end as well as I tested the effectiveness of the safety restraint systems -- they're great! I'm fine but the number 7 car ended up needing significant front end work after a brief, very intense encounter with the wall coming out of the infield Turn 7 on our last open track session. I've been over it many times in my head and am 99% sure because I was running harder than ever before, the rear end got loose when I crossed the two stripes across the track approaching Turn 7. When I watched the videos from day one, I heard the tires chirp across those stripes, something I didn't hear while driving. The stripes didn't matter at lower speeds but at the edge on day two, it mattered and it all happened so quickly I didn't remember "in a spin, both feet in".
Glad you are ok Doug

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
did you get any pics of the car after? curious to see how it held up. either way glad you are ok!

Sponsored
OP
OP
docday64

docday64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG, M1333 Mach 1, 2013 Taurus SHO PP
Doug, I haven't gone thru all my videos and pictures yet from both days. I will send you a PM and get anything I have to you. What car number were you in for the M1? I was in the blue 17 M1 and 15 for the GT day. Glad you didn't get hurt, not sure if I have video as I was passing the aftermath, that was about half way thru the third session and I think the thumb drive was full.......... How was your trip thru Deals Gap?

Luckystang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1
I was in car 17 all day until while on the banking it went into limp mode.
They were able to but me into another Blue Mach 1 and back on the track
within a couple laps. It was a great day.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
We’re you able to find out what caused your original car to go in limp mode?

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
did you get any pics of the car after? curious to see how it held up. either way glad you are ok!
Sorry, no pics of the "after" or the tire tracks across the track. I wasn't thinking that way at the time.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
It was a great day. I remember them switching out a car on Track Attack day one, but didn't pay much attention to it. I had to have a car swapped in May when I did the "normal" two-day course.
Sponsored