Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
COYOTE
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
but without something extra 525 is going to be a stretch
Cams. That's how. I should amend my GT350 heads comment to GT350 'style' heads. Better flow, bigger valves, same 5.0 chamber size. Those two alone will get you over the 500hp hump. Still gonna be and expensive parts bin car haha.

Advertisement

BlackandBlue

Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 10 Gear
Cams. That's how. I should amend my GT350 heads comment to GT350 'style' heads. Better flow, bigger valves, same 5.0 chamber size. Those two alone will get you over the 500hp hump. Still gonna be and expensive parts bin car haha.
I wonder if they might use the predator block (or casting) to produce a 5.2 liter? Seems like the cheaper route as they might be able to just amend the coyote heads.

High lift cams are going to require high rate springs witch might not be something Ford wants to step in. The testing cost of these engines is pretty high(vigorous) when doing any changes that might affect the longevity of the motor. Not saying they won’t, and I certainly hope they will but I have a feeling the beans counter might not let them for a small production track car.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
COYOTE
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if they might use the predator block (or casting) to produce a 5.2 liter
Ford already stated "most capable 5.0 track car ever". So it's gonna be a 5.0. Valve springs I wouldn't worry about. They're RPM limited, not so much lift limited.

Stymee

Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
5.0 SHORTBLOCK
GT350 HEADS
GT350 INTAKE
GT350 CAI
MACH 1 CAMS ( GUESSING)
GT500 HEADERS & CATS
GT500 CATBACK

525HP

LS_Coyote

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
They're not gonna challenge the GT350 hp. It's sacred. I'd guess right around 500 hp. GT350 CAI, premium gas tune (91 octane), GT350 comparable lobes on the cam, and better flowing headers. If they need the extra RPM to get there then they will need the GT350 intake manifold as well, but I would say it should be possible without.

RocketGuy3

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2016 Cayman GT4
They're not gonna challenge the GT350 hp. It's sacred. I'd guess right around 500 hp. GT350 CAI, premium gas tune (91 octane), GT350 comparable lobes on the cam, and better flowing headers. If they need the extra RPM to get there then they will need the GT350 intake manifold as well, but I would say it should be possible without.
Not that I think 525 is very likely to happen, but I don't think I buy this argument for why it won't. Once the GT350 is out of production and sold off dealer lots, Ford has no reason I can think of to prevent any model at any price point from matching or surpassing it. Like any publicly traded company, Ford only cares about the bottom line, and there is nothing "sacred" about a car they don't sell anymore. Nor should there be.

Grintch

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
The

Good news being a Coyote not a Voodoo motor some of that hardware could trickle down into the FRPP catalog.

Is the GT500 engine considered a Coyote motor or a Voodoo?
If the goal is 525, I predict a 90 degree (to reduce flat plane vibration issues) Voodoo, or Coyote with Voodoo heads & intake.

LSchicago

Reaction score
Website
www.LEDandSafety.com
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Is the GT500 engine considered a Coyote motor or a Voodoo?
If the goal is 525, I predict a 90 degree (to reduce flat plane vibration issues) Voodoo, or Coyote with Voodoo heads & intake.
Neither. 2020 GT500 engine is a "Predator".

LS_Coyote

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
LOL - threads like this age well....
Lol, a Bullitt engine is a sad settlement. Hopefully the article I read from MotorTrend is correct that they will be packing the GT350 transmission however. That'll be worth a lot for the driver's connection to the car.

kz

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Lol, a Bullitt engine is a sad settlement. Hopefully the article I read from MotorTrend is correct that they will be packing the GT350 transmission however. That'll be worth a lot for the driver's connection to the car.
I am sure it is accurate - it is literally re-print of Ford's press release. Tremec is a nice touch especially with a rev matching but rest is exactly what I thought - few parts thrown in - little more than on PP2.

Advertisement

101 - Anderson Composites - 1

Advertisement