Mach 1 to get 525hp

OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
I don’t know where they will get the HP from without it. Cams add a few horses but there are compromises even with VVT.

There is not much room left.
Yea when you think about it the 5.2 Voodoo is 526hp with 5.2L and that is 101.15 hp/litre. The BMW E92 M3 with its 4.0L V8 made 414hp with just 4.0litres that is over 103hp/litre. Both these engines have one thing in common...rpm. Its going to take more rpm than the 7400rpm we currently have now. The Bullet is getting close with 96hp/litre/

Advertisement

2018OFPP1?2

Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
The

Good news being a Coyote not a Voodoo motor some of that hardware could trickle down into the FRPP catalog.
+1

If Ford Racing is listening, I would buy a CARB legal 2018+ stage 2 performance pack containing these upgrades.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Even if they fully reveal the car on Friday, I suspect they'll not reveal full specs/power output until later in the year.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Been seeing Friday a lot. What makes people think it will happen then?
Perhaps someone knows Ford's plans.

However, they did say it would be revealed this Spring, which gives them to the following Friday (19th) at the latest.

jgilkey

Reaction score
Website
locusautomotive.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: 2021 Mach 1
I want to know now damnit. Need to plan for my next purchase.
Today I think I will go to my local dealer and ask if the can put me on a list in case it comes here :)
I've been reaching out to Ford dealerships all week. 3 have taken my name a promised to call when they receive their allocation. Most have no clue and wanted to sell me a Mach-E :cwl:

mobius1

Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Nothing fun ATM
I've been reaching out to Ford dealerships all week. 3 have taken my name a promised to call when they receive their allocation. Most have no clue and wanted to sell me a Mach-E :cwl:
Same. Ironically, I'm one of the people they thought they would attract with the MACH-E. Sorry Ford, I want the real one.

HoosierDaddy

Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP and a few others
I am skeptical of 525 HP until I see it. The Mach 1 CPC can't do the RPMs of the GT350 FPC. I'm curious what the GT350 HP numbers are at a CPC redline RPM.

Medsport

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
I'm more impressed with the projected 450 tq than the hp. That is a lot for this size engine. But I don't really need a car that is set up to be a track carver as much as straight line where I live and is why I'm still leaning towards the Challenger. If they price it in line with the Bullitt and no more, it may be tempting, but I doubt it.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
COYOTE
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Cobra jet like intake and 8000 rpms is also a must.
They ain't putting on a CJ, but I'll bet it'll be a revised GT350 intake, bigger cams, GT350 heads, GT500 headers & cats. Maybe the complete GT500 exhaust. It's gonna be a parts bin car & a 60K price tag.

BlackandBlue

Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 10 Gear
They ain't putting on a CJ, but I'll bet it'll be a revised GT350 intake, bigger cams, GT350 heads, GT500 headers & cats. Maybe the complete GT500 exhaust. It's gonna be a parts bin car & a 60K price tag.
Yeah completely parts bin but without something extra 525 is going to be a stretch. 45HP pasted the Bullitt is going to take some magic with a safe tune.

Do the GT350 heads have the flat spot in the casting for DI?

[email protected]

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
I don't see how they get 520+ HP out of the Gen3 motor without some drastic changes. I'd be surprised if they get beyond 500. They set a high handling bar as well. Not sure what they are going to do above the PP2. You certainly aren't going to get stickier tires under this thing.

They set a high bar. I'm not a buyer but I'm certainly interested in the offering. IMHO "parts bin" cars towards the end of the models life are the best buys.

Advertisement

20 - MAK Performance - 1

Advertisement