Mach 1 to get 525hp

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
yeah, I wanted a 7.3 or rumored 6.8. Oh Well..
Ford won’t do anything with the 7.3 besides truck use, because if Ford did make a high performance version and shove it in a mustang it would negate all of Fords use of the mod engine being superior to the old pushrod design. It would be like Apple using windows as the base for there next MAC os lol
Sponsored

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
My thoughts why we didn't get something "special" for the Mach 1's engine.

1 - Ford are no doubt working on a Gen 4 Coyote for S650, so resource and funding will be focused on that.
2 - Mach 1 will be just a 2 year run (S650 debuts as a '23MY in 2022)
3 - Ford wanted world-wide sales. The Bullitt engine was already homologated for worldwide sales. Using it for Mach 1 just makes sense.

Do I wish it came with something like a 525hp 5.2 cpc n/a V8? Heck yes. Do I understand why Ford didn't? Yes I do.
they used the bullitt engine because it’s already passed euro 5 emissions and was ready to go. It wouldn’t of been hard to CNC machine the heads. And go it’s 470hp in right hand drive and 500hp for the North American market

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 4Runner; '19 CRV; '06 Explorer; '17 Civic
Ford is going to have to do some major updates to get over 500hp in the coyote that’s production viable keyword there folks

and remember they said this engine design was going last 10 years. So I wouldn’t be surprised if you see an heavily updated 5.0 and i mean heavily or a brand new v8 in the s650
Let's hope that any 'heavy' updating means getting rid of the BBQ tick.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I feel like if they wouldn’t have sent the Mach overseas, we could’ve seen a 500hp Mach with GT350 heads revving to 8k

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Yeah, I feel like if they wouldn’t have sent the Mach overseas, we could’ve seen a 500hp Mach with GT350 heads revving to 8k
the issue is emissions and mpg ratings over there, have major implications on insurance, and the company itself. They did this to move more units over seas, good for them but I’m sorry it just needs something bespoke, honestly just CNC machine the heads and go it’s a mach 1 HiPo engine

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Let's hope that any 'heavy' updating means getting rid of the BBQ tick.
I got a meme for that lol and buddy i have a new ducati streetfighter V4 and Ducati doesn’t use valve springs, the bbq tick is nothing compared to the noises my V4 makes lol
Sponsored