Mach 1 S550 Mustang First Video

jman3350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 in Torch Red w/ Auto
All we can hope is that Ford is going to revive the Mach 1. I daily drive mine currently and I'm itching to have a manual trans (don't hate on me for having an auto :p) and I've come around to the S550 bodystyle but that interior is just world class (with the premium at least)

I just wish Ford would be straight up because I need to know if I need to wait an extra year :(
Sponsored

Viperbluecobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base PP Recaros
Who said this is a Mach 1?

Could be a boss, upgraded GT track packages, new drive train mule... all sorts of options here.

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green

Could be a boss, upgraded GT track packages, new drive train mule... all sorts of options here.
That's what I'm saying!

FWIW, it this thing is the next GTPP, then I agree that we'll see it in '18 MY. But if it is a new special edition (either Mach, Bullitt, CobraII, insert your favorite here), I still say not to hold your breath until the '19MY unfolds. If S550 is significantly revamped for the 2018 model year, that will generate a lot buzz on its own and there's no incentive for Ford to play all their cards at once. They won't launch a new special edition alongside a midcycle refresh. It just doesn't make sense to think they would, when the entire model structure and release plan is intended to build and maintain customer interest as the model ages.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I think the video is of just a Mustang GT that is being used to test various Ford Performance parts that will be offered as bolt on parts in their catalog.

P51Guy

P51Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premiun GT Guard PP
Where's the shaker hood? Without it it can not be a Mach.

Sponsored

dietz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I think the video is of just a Mustang GT that is being used to test various Ford Performance parts that will be offered as bolt on parts in their catalog.
This....

Not enough room for play between a GT and the GT350.....like $15k ish? Specifically with the CS in play (~$10k). So how much can you really put into a GT, keeping it special while not getting people knocking on the door of the GT350? If you get a Mustang much higher that $40k you're never going to sell it because they could just spend a couple more bucks and get the GT350....

jman3350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)

We're assuming that as of now as @SpyPhotographer on twitter tweeted "Mustang Mach 1" back on Feb 29th and he appears to be certain that it is definitely happening. Bullitt from the forums tweeted him and asked if there was any news on it, he said "Still trying to get a video" then last night said he had some #Mustang news coming.

This hasn't been EXPLICITLY stated to be a mach 1, but since SpyPhotographer is certain that it's happening and he's the one that took the video, we're going off of that right now. It could very well be many things, but the quadtip exhaust would suggest that it's not just some Ford Racing exhaust but at least some package or new model. I'd imagine they'd have to include a new rear diffuser if it was just an exhaust system because I don't think theres a way they could cram those extra 2 tips there.

Whether that be a Boss 302, a Mach 1, a GT500, or anything else is totally up for debate. But everyone's just praying for a mach 1 to come back out since we just had some GT500's and 302's back on the S197? bodystyle/generation.

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
GT

I agree that it is an older GT. The fit in the Front, as mentioned, plus it still has the left side rear window drop. It may be testing the exhaust tips and mufflers, grafted on to the regular GT exhaust. It it were for the 500, the tips should be more outboard, like the 350. Right now, it is located in the Roush valance area. Maybe they will come out with a Roush-like valance for quad tips models.

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
We're assuming that as of now as @SpyPhotographer on twitter tweeted "Mustang Mach 1" back on Feb 29th and he appears to be certain that it is definitely happening.
I guess the question is - what made him so sure of it? There really is nothing to corroborate it, so it remains his speculation. If the speculation is based on something definitive, fine. Perhaps he'll share what that is. But so far, there's nothing of the sort. As a coworker says, "without data, you're just another person with an opinion". The photographer's opinion is fine, but to me isn't worth more than my own, since at least I know what own speculation is based on. My own digging seems to contradict what the photographer is suggesting, so I'm reluctant to continue drinking that koolaide...

jman3350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
I guess the question is - what made him so sure of it? There really is nothing to corroborate it, so it remains his speculation. If the speculation is based on something definitive, fine. Perhaps he'll share what that is. But so far, there's nothing of the sort. As a coworker says, "without data, you're just another person with an opinion". The photographer's opinion is fine, but to me isn't worth more than my own, since at least I know what own speculation is based on. My own digging seems to contradict what the photographer is suggesting, so I'm reluctant to continue drinking that koolaide...
Who knows? It'd be great if he'd tell us. I understand your point entirely but I'm hopeful for a Mach 1 as I really want a shaker hood as I know I'd miss it if I upgraded. He might be basing it on other things he's seen or might just be guessing. I know for now this could be anything but I've gotta remain hopeful!

Sponsored

DruidBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
I can see it testing various FPP parts but they hardly need a whole mule for that. There are all kinds of parts tested and we never hear about it or see it. Also don't think this is an updated GT PP that some are saying it is. A whole new quad tipped exhaust is not likely for 18 which is just going to be a nip and tuck and new transmission at most. With sales as strong as they are they don't need to do much else.

I'm not sure what this is but something tells me it's more than just testing a few parts unless Ford is just trolling us all. They've gotten so smart at this game that it could be anything. It could just as easily be an early Mach 1 drivetrain mule without testing any of the new body work and other changes that would be expected on it i.e. shaker hood

jman3350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
I can see it testing various FPP parts but they hardly need a whole mule for that. There are all kinds of parts tested and we never hear about it or see it. Also don't think this is an updated GT PP that some are saying it is. A whole new quad tipped exhaust is not likely for 18 which is just going to be a nip and tuck and new transmission at most. With sales as strong as they are they don't need to do much else.

I'm not sure what this is but something tells me it's more than just testing a few parts unless Ford is just trolling us all. They've gotten so smart at this game that it could be anything. It could just as easily be an early Mach 1 drivetrain mule without testing any of the new body work and other changes that would be expected on it i.e. shaker hood
This is definitely a good point. I'm just hopeful for SOMETHING ever since a week ago, some ford rep in an online chat (which Bullitt brought up, they shouldn't really have that info) replied "you never know ;)" when I asked about the possibility of a 2017 Mach 1 or if a refresh was coming soon. They totally could've been messing with me, but that shot my hopes up even though it's minimal haha

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
It's a Mach1 ...it will be a package like the (Bullitt/Cal Special)...Coyote...tweaked...you'll finally have your PP auto...and whats a Mach without a shaker.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
GT350 may go away with 2018 refresh or may stick around with current look until '19 (think 2015 ZL1 ...front fascia stayed the same)...Mach will show up in 2018...GT500 2019 & 2020...destroys Hellscat and ZL1...z/2late...2021 look out!*

*This is all speculation of course:)

DruidBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
It's a Mach1 ...it will be a package like the (Bullitt/Cal Special)...Coyote...tweaked...you'll finally have your PP auto...and whats a Mach without a shaker.
Interesting thanks. Sounds like it will be a 'soft' release it not being a totally different model and all.
Sponsored