Sponsored

kinchy

Kinchy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium - Magnetic Black Accent -Manual Previous was 2016 GT Premium PP-Magnaflow -Short Throw Shifter
Murphy's law.
Or worse yet you're not home and someone decides to take down a bike or bikes without moving the car.
Years ago I had a show car in the garage covered and tucked away for the winter. My sister-in-law stops by to return kitchen equipment. You guessed it..she stacked things (pots and pans)on the car's truck lid as she pulled things out of her SUV. She's great but has zero car smarts. Just saying, things happen.
Sponsored

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
So I picked up my Mach 1 in the Boston area on 3/9 and on 3/11 I left for the Tallahassee area in my new Mach 1, it was a bit nerve racking for me to drive that far during what most would consider the break-in period but I did my best to alter my speeds and avoided using cruise control. It had less than 5 miles on it when I drove it off the lot.

It's a manual with the B&O sound system, appearance package and nav.

For anyone interested, here's my chassis number, I'm thinking a few people will get a chuckle out of it.
20210311_093502.jpg

I'd previously owned a 2015 Mustang GT with the Performance Pack option and this Mach 1 is every bit as good as I remember my GT and so much more. The clutch pedal was something I was thinking I might have to fix 1st as the feel from my 2015 was just awful so I'd replaced it with the Steeda clutch spring and that was easily the best $20 mod ever. Well my concerns were unfounded, the clutch pedal in the Mach 1 is perfect, nice and consistent the entire travel distance.

I used the on-board GPS as I was traveling alone and it performed well for me, I would like to see a way to view the route list rather than just a map overview but I can always do that with my phone so it's really a trivial complaint. Fuel mileage was very good imo, I put only 93 octane in the entire drive and will only ever put 93 octane in as I feel it gives a slight performance boost.

20210313_201130.jpg

The only real complaint I have, and I'm sure once I have a few minutes to figure it out I can fix it, is that the car has automatic high beams. They would come on and off mostly at the right times, but I will disable that as soon as I figure out how so I don't accidently blind someone by leaving them on too long or having them turn on while I follow them. They seemed to flip on and off a little too frequently for my taste while driving on a divided highway with some trees in the middle of the road.

It took my 3 days to get down to the Tallahassee area and I'm looking forward to getting it out on the weekends to cruise around in, but for now it's parked safely in my parents garage. I'll be down here for about 6 weeks before I make the return trip, I'm looking forward to getting out on the weekends for some cruising around the area.

20210314_124638.jpg

20210314_124649.jpg
Beautiful car and color. I used to have a '71 white Mach 1 and except for the missing stripe on the side, this one is truly attractive! Good buy! Don't worry about the auto high beams; if it's working properly it will NEVER blind anyone approaching you or as you approach someone from behind. My auto beams drop them to low well before a vehicle in front of you will ever get blinded. I'm supposing you have the Safe and Smart package which also has the auto wipers. I love it. When it first begins to rain, you put it in the first position (what used to be "intermittent" for most cars) and leave it there. It will vary the wipers from intermittent to low if it begins to rain more steadily, then even goes to high speed if you really get blasted with heavy rain; all from the "intermittent" position. Only thing you have to remember is to turn them off when you get home. If you leave it in that position, next time you drive the car it won't turn on automatically so you have to cycle the switch back to off or move it into the low wiper position and then back to the "auto" position.

Intrepid175

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Congratulation! The car looks great. I've wondered about the auto high beams. I've never seen those on any car that I've been impressed with but I had hoped modern technology would do better. I'd be disappointed if Ford didn't give the option to turn them off or maybe you just need to adjust the sensitivity. Fuel economy looks great. I've got a 2016 GT that I've been more than pleased with my highway fuel economy. Obviously, I didn't buy the car worried about gas mileage but I'm very satisfied with the gas mileage it has returned on road trips. That's just icing on the cake. I've taken two road trips with it, one about 3500 miles and the second about 2000 miles. Both averaged just over 27 mpg overall with one high tank on the first trip pushing 30mpg!! That's just one tank in 40k+ miles but it's there nonetheless. I bet you'll see a little better as things break-in. Enjoy and drive safe!

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
So I picked up my Mach 1 in the Boston area on 3/9 and on 3/11 I left for the Tallahassee area in my new Mach 1, it was a bit nerve racking for me to drive that far during what most would consider the break-in period but I did my best to alter my speeds and avoided using cruise control. It had less than 5 miles on it when I drove it off the lot.

It's a manual with the B&O sound system, appearance package and nav.

For anyone interested, here's my chassis number, I'm thinking a few people will get a chuckle out of it.

I'd previously owned a 2015 Mustang GT with the Performance Pack option and this Mach 1 is every bit as good as I remember my GT and so much more. The clutch pedal was something I was thinking I might have to fix 1st as the feel from my 2015 was just awful so I'd replaced it with the Steeda clutch spring and that was easily the best $20 mod ever. Well my concerns were unfounded, the clutch pedal in the Mach 1 is perfect, nice and consistent the entire travel distance.

I used the on-board GPS as I was traveling alone and it performed well for me, I would like to see a way to view the route list rather than just a map overview but I can always do that with my phone so it's really a trivial complaint. Fuel mileage was very good imo, I put only 93 octane in the entire drive and will only ever put 93 octane in as I feel it gives a slight performance boost.

The only real complaint I have, and I'm sure once I have a few minutes to figure it out I can fix it, is that the car has automatic high beams. They would come on and off mostly at the right times, but I will disable that as soon as I figure out how so I don't accidently blind someone by leaving them on too long or having them turn on while I follow them. They seemed to flip on and off a little too frequently for my taste while driving on a divided highway with some trees in the middle of the road.

It took my 3 days to get down to the Tallahassee area and I'm looking forward to getting it out on the weekends to cruise around in, but for now it's parked safely in my parents garage. I'll be down here for about 6 weeks before I make the return trip, I'm looking forward to getting out on the weekends for some cruising around the area.
I just spent 2 weeks in Tallahassee working at the Hopkins Power plant!!! I had my FJG with me

Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Congrads on the car.
It is easy to un-check the automatic high beams, it drove me nuts also.
If I need high beams I can click the lever myself.
When I got my car the dealer had 2 mach-1's.
Was your dealer name an old mopar brand

SemperFi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 m0303
Congrads on the car.
It is easy to un-check the automatic high beams, it drove me nuts also.
If I need high beams I can click the lever myself.
When I got my car the dealer had 2 mach-1's.
Was your dealer name an old mopar brand

Let's see, what would an old mopar name be in Massachusetts...Plymouth Rock Ford? :)

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
You are making the exact same transition that I will be making in a couple months: 2015 GT PP -> 2021 Mach 1 with manual. The clutch is/was my biggest concern, too. That and rev hang. From what I've been reading, both issues are nearly eliminated in the Mach 1, so that is awesome news.

OP
OP
BTR75

BTR75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (FJG)
It was purchased from Stoneham Ford and at the time they didn't have the car yet, I made the deal and then waited for the car they already had on order to arrive.
Sponsored