Sponsored

raidernixon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 & 16 GT; 20 GT500 CFTP; 21 Mach 1
Didn't some articles claimed recently that the lower grille on the final models comes in gloss black to better match the upper grille? On your pics it looks like that is not the case
The lower grill on mine is certainly gloss black. I think there may be a bit of an optical illusion going on with the OPs photos due to reflection
Sponsored

Reactions: Ace

dps

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition; 2021 GTS 4.0
So I picked up my Mach 1 in the Boston area on 3/9 and on 3/11 I left for the Tallahassee area in my new Mach 1, it was a bit nerve racking for me to drive that far during what most would consider the break-in period but I did my best to alter my speeds and avoided using cruise control. It had less than 5 miles on it when I drove it off the lot.

It's a manual with the B&O sound system, appearance package and nav.

For anyone interested, here's my chassis number, I'm thinking a few people will get a chuckle out of it.
20210311_093502.jpg

I'd previously owned a 2015 Mustang GT with the Performance Pack option and this Mach 1 is every bit as good as I remember my GT and so much more. The clutch pedal was something I was thinking I might have to fix 1st as the feel from my 2015 was just awful so I'd replaced it with the Steeda clutch spring and that was easily the best $20 mod ever. Well my concerns were unfounded, the clutch pedal in the Mach 1 is perfect, nice and consistent the entire travel distance.

I used the on-board GPS as I was traveling alone and it performed well for me, I would like to see a way to view the route list rather than just a map overview but I can always do that with my phone so it's really a trivial complaint. Fuel mileage was very good imo, I put only 93 octane in the entire drive and will only ever put 93 octane in as I feel it gives a slight performance boost.

20210313_201130.jpg

The only real complaint I have, and I'm sure once I have a few minutes to figure it out I can fix it, is that the car has automatic high beams. They would come on and off mostly at the right times, but I will disable that as soon as I figure out how so I don't accidently blind someone by leaving them on too long or having them turn on while I follow them. They seemed to flip on and off a little too frequently for my taste while driving on a divided highway with some trees in the middle of the road.

It took my 3 days to get down to the Tallahassee area and I'm looking forward to getting it out on the weekends to cruise around in, but for now it's parked safely in my parents garage. I'll be down here for about 6 weeks before I make the return trip, I'm looking forward to getting out on the weekends for some cruising around the area.

20210314_124638.jpg

20210314_124649.jpg
Nice, congrats. That is amazing mpg!

OP
OP
BTR75

BTR75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (FJG)
I would leave on the auto lights. After you get used to them they really are great. And don't worry about blinding anyone. They're really good at turning off. They also sometimes turn off at very reflective road signs.
I'll give it a little more, but I did see where I can disable it so at least now I know I have options.

Very nice looking Mach 1, maybe I’ll see it cruising around Tallahassee while your here.
Have any of the places been hosting cruise-in's lately? Used to have them at Whataburger, Hardee's, Sonic, Hooters, etc.

dig into the Sync3 GPS settings. It's there.
I find the auto-dim/high to be bloody annoying. Instead of 'A' mode on the rotary dial if you set it to the normal 'on' detent it's supposed to stop that nonsense. Then you select HIGH BEAM like any competent driver with the stalk (or if your car is from 1950, stomping on the little round button).
I'll definitely look for this setting, it's far more useful to me than a giant map overview.

I have one question about the exhaust note, the GT350 would quiet down once in 6th gear, does the Mach 1 have the same feature?
It doesn't drone on the highway in 6th gear and it's not loud in the cabin area, which to me is a good thing. So I'm not sure if that answers your question, but if it did quiet down then it wasn't a super noticeable thing to me. Of course, I wasn't listening for it either.

Didn't some articles claimed recently that the lower grille on the final models comes in gloss black to better match the upper grille? On your pics it looks like that is not the case
It's definitely gloss black on the lower grille as well, I can see in that picture how it could look otherwise.

Reactions: Ace

btcarmd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
1965 Gt Vert, 2005 GT, 2020 GT
I think you can turn auto high beams off by toggling the dimmer switch until the little A light goes off in left lower cluster.

Venomous Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500/2019 F-350 / 2021 Bronco First Edition
Have any of the places been hosting cruise-in's lately? Used to have them at Whataburger, Hardee's, Sonic, Hooters, etc.

No, not that I have seen in quite some time. The sonic that used to host them is now gone and Hardee’s asked the Mustang club to leave due to the constant hooning. Haven’t seen anything at hooters.
Pretty much the only thing going on is cars and coffee meet every two weeks at two different locations. I’ll find out where today and post back.

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I can relate to your long drive. Back in early 2019 I found a dealership that would sell me a Bullitt for 5,722 off sticker. I was in Detroit area and the car was at Polk Ford north of Dallas. I flew there, got a hotel and Polk sent a car the 50 miles to pick me up. The car was flawless, full tank, I got in and drive the 1,000 or so miles back to Detroit. Took some cool stuff roads until the odometer said 500. The rest was a blast.
Have fun with that car and I might see you around.

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
It doesn't drone on the highway in 6th gear and it's not loud in the cabin area, which to me is a good thing. So I'm not sure if that answers your question, but if it did quiet down then it wasn't a super noticeable thing to me. Of course, I wasn't listening for it either.
Yes that answers my question, thanks.

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I would leave on the auto lights. After you get used to them they really are great. And don't worry about blinding anyone. They're really good at turning off. They also sometimes turn off at very reflective road signs.
I 2nd this. In my Explorer ST, the auto high beams work incredibly well in shutting off when it sees taillights and headlights. Over 1 1/2 years and 32k miles and it has never blinded anyone.

Last edited:

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Is the skirt automatic, too? 😁😁😁

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)

Sponsored

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
I 2nd this. In my Explorer ST, the auto high beams work incredibly well in shutting off when it sees taillights and headlights. Over 1 1/2 years and 32k miles and it has never blinded anyone.
I like your style.....
997A8A69-1BFA-4059-96A8-1694CC37633F.jpeg

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
The red Jeep was my company provided car. It was replaced with a 2020 Equinox that now sits outside and the Mach-1 is inside
Nothing like having a company vehicle but must be hard driving an equinox with 2 awesome performance vehicles in the garage. The ST is my wife's and she loves it. Have it tuned and it is a rocket ship. Pits a smile on my face every time I drive it.

Congrats on the mach 1. Just registered mine today and will be going out this weekend. Finally getting into the 60s here so I can't wait for the first drive this weekend.
Sponsored