Sponsored

BTR75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (FJG)
So I picked up my Mach 1 in the Boston area on 3/9 and on 3/11 I left for the Tallahassee area in my new Mach 1, it was a bit nerve racking for me to drive that far during what most would consider the break-in period but I did my best to alter my speeds and avoided using cruise control. It had less than 5 miles on it when I drove it off the lot.

It's a manual with the B&O sound system, appearance package and nav.

For anyone interested, here's my chassis number, I'm thinking a few people will get a chuckle out of it.
20210311_093502.jpg

I'd previously owned a 2015 Mustang GT with the Performance Pack option and this Mach 1 is every bit as good as I remember my GT and so much more. The clutch pedal was something I was thinking I might have to fix 1st as the feel from my 2015 was just awful so I'd replaced it with the Steeda clutch spring and that was easily the best $20 mod ever. Well my concerns were unfounded, the clutch pedal in the Mach 1 is perfect, nice and consistent the entire travel distance.

I used the on-board GPS as I was traveling alone and it performed well for me, I would like to see a way to view the route list rather than just a map overview but I can always do that with my phone so it's really a trivial complaint. Fuel mileage was very good imo, I put only 93 octane in the entire drive and will only ever put 93 octane in as I feel it gives a slight performance boost.

20210313_201130.jpg

The only real complaint I have, and I'm sure once I have a few minutes to figure it out I can fix it, is that the car has automatic high beams. They would come on and off mostly at the right times, but I will disable that as soon as I figure out how so I don't accidently blind someone by leaving them on too long or having them turn on while I follow them. They seemed to flip on and off a little too frequently for my taste while driving on a divided highway with some trees in the middle of the road.

It took my 3 days to get down to the Tallahassee area and I'm looking forward to getting it out on the weekends to cruise around in, but for now it's parked safely in my parents garage. I'll be down here for about 6 weeks before I make the return trip, I'm looking forward to getting out on the weekends for some cruising around the area.

20210314_124638.jpg

20210314_124649.jpg
Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I would love to hear a review on the ride quality. How did it compare to your '15? Cabin noise, etc?

OP
OP
BTR75

BTR75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (FJG)
I would love to hear a review on the ride quality. How did it compare to your '15? Cabin noise, etc?
I thought the ride quality was comparable to the 15, I didn't do any spirited driving so it's kinda too soon for me to make any real comments.

Sound was about the same as well, no complaints about road noise at all. I was on my phone plenty during the ride and no one ever said they couldn't hear me well and when I wasn't on the phone I had the radio on but not cranked so noise was not an issue for me at all.

The active exhaust was fun to play with and you can really hear the difference in each of the notes, I'm really happy with the way it sounds under throttle.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I would leave on the auto lights. After you get used to them they really are great. And don't worry about blinding anyone. They're really good at turning off. They also sometimes turn off at very reflective road signs.

Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
For anyone interested, here's my chassis number, I'm thinking a few people will get a chuckle out of it.
LOVE IT!

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL

Venomous Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500/2019 F-350 / 2021 Bronco First Edition
Very nice looking Mach 1, maybe I’ll see it cruising around Tallahassee while your here.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I would like to see a way to view the route list rather than just a map overview
dig into the Sync3 GPS settings. It's there.
I find the auto-dim/high to be bloody annoying. Instead of 'A' mode on the rotary dial if you set it to the normal 'on' detent it's supposed to stop that nonsense. Then you select HIGH BEAM like any competent driver with the stalk (or if your car is from 1950, stomping on the little round button).

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
I thought the ride quality was comparable to the 15, I didn't do any spirited driving so it's kinda too soon for me to make any real comments.

Sound was about the same as well, no complaints about road noise at all. I was on my phone plenty during the ride and no one ever said they couldn't hear me well and when I wasn't on the phone I had the radio on but not cranked so noise was not an issue for me at all.

The active exhaust was fun to play with and you can really hear the difference in each of the notes, I'm really happy with the way it sounds under throttle.
I have one question about the exhaust note, the GT350 would quiet down once in 6th gear, does the Mach 1 have the same feature?

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Didn't some articles claimed recently that the lower grille on the final models comes in gloss black to better match the upper grille? On your pics it looks like that is not the case
Sponsored