2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Nice. On my eruption green I wanted to have a bronze stripe.
ME TOO! I sent them an email asking if they can do that for us, but just me and you. šŸ˜œ

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.

Sponsored

rothrj91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Lime PP1 GT
Black and silver compliment the Grabber Lime. I put some rocker panel graphics on but removed them. My GL is not a PP car or black roof car and some side graphics seem needed. I like the Mach graphics but didnā€™t want look as if I were trying to fake a Mach1. Now Im thinking screw it and going for it. This was the kit I almost ordered but now rethinking and doing the M1.
6759FC47-32C1-4D95-B061-45ADA69330F2.jpeg

what I removedā€¦.
66DA8240-30DC-422B-93A4-320579F32D98.jpeg
Nice! I agree that does compliment the GL well. I think Iā€™m sold on the black and silver Mach 1 stripes now. Also, curious, what percent window tint do you have on your GL?

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Nice! I agree that does compliment the GL well. I think Iā€™m sold on the black and silver Mach 1 stripes now. Also, curious, what percent window tint do you have on your GL?
Thanks. I am not the original owner but its most likely 20%. Its darker than 35 for sure so logically its 20.

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

LikeMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Review time.

Long story short it is a "You get what you pay for" wrap. For starters it is coming from East Europe, shipping was stupid fast, but the location surprised me because in that area of the planet counterfeits run amok. When I first opened the package, I immediately questioned if it was legitimate 3M material.

For me personally, I don't care as long as the quality is there and for what I expected, it was unfortunately a slight miss. If you are doing some wrap job and are expecting to replace OEM this may not cut it IMHO. If you took damage on the OEM ones these are a suitable replacement or want custom colors these are suitable for the job.

I was expecting some clever cutting of 2080 3M film but instead this is based on a 3M comtroltac printing vinyl, which may be why I questioned it immediately. What this means is that while the underlying material and adhesion is 3M, the visual appearance of the film is significantly affected by the quality of the equipment and processes doing the printing.

On my film the black ink either doesn't look deep enough or it is overshadowed by the laminate. Most likely it is the latter. Up close there are clear lines, subtle roller marks, etc that are invisible an arms distance away but what doesn't go away is the laminate job. Glossy to me is the shine hits a small area patch but you still get surrounding deep colors. On this film the glossy is the laminate which when at the shine angles, the "shine" takes up large areas, is rough, and makes the film look gray. It is best described as blotchy, and hazy. This is known as mottling and is a result of moisture. Allegedly it is something that can be fixed when the film is stretched out with a heat gun applied or long direct sun exposure.

I did not attempt this but looking at the film it seems plausible.

20220128_205143.jpg

The "Matte" film was much more high quality. It is 3M Scotchcal 50 series. Has somewhat of a more dark grey satin look, as in it is not a rough surface like that of real matte 3M.

20220128_210050.jpg

So again if heat can fix this thing, it really is a good source to get custom Mach 1 configurations. However I will have to wait to give anyone a better comparison to OEM. I've seen the car in person but my vehicle is delayed. I'll do a side by side showing off my car ever actually gets built.

The kit I purchased came with some extra Mach 1 lettering. Perfect font match, good quality. The hood lettering is skinny they give you 3 of them if you mess up, and 3 sets of 2 unique designs.

20220128_225319.jpg

And for context my whole purpose for doing this was because a good PPF job IMHO requires the removal of decals. After receiving these I will most likely get the OEM hood for $500 and keep these for everything else assuming the quality and color is close enough. If anyone wants my hood it if for sale (red/black).

Overall I think for the price (with 10% off) is good, it can definitely be better, but it beats paying $1k+. I'd rather put BWG stripes on the car than spend that much oem decals. And I've heard through the grapevine that some of those OEM decals are coming miss-aligned from the factory lol.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, 2020 GT350 Heritage
Nice. I've been looking for a premium set of Mach 1 stripes and these look like they will fit the bill.
At least they have black and silver. That should go with pretty much any color.
You gonna slap them on your green car? Do they make the Mach 1 in green?

Sponsored

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Review time.

Long story short it is a "You get what you pay for" wrap. For starters it is coming from East Europe, shipping was stupid fast, but the location surprised me because in that area of the planet counterfeits run amok. When I first opened the package, I immediately questioned if it was legitimate 3M material.

For me personally, I don't care as long as the quality is there and for what I expected, it was unfortunately a slight miss. If you are doing some wrap job and are expecting to replace OEM this may not cut it IMHO. If you took damage on the OEM ones these are a suitable replacement or want custom colors these are suitable for the job.

I was expecting some clever cutting of 2080 3M film but instead this is based on a 3M comtroltac printing vinyl, which may be why I questioned it immediately. What this means is that while the underlying material and adhesion is 3M, the visual appearance of the film is significantly affected by the quality of the equipment and processes doing the printing.

On my film the black ink either doesn't look deep enough or it is overshadowed by the laminate. Most likely it is the latter. Up close there are clear lines, subtle roller marks, etc that are invisible an arms distance away but what doesn't go away is the laminate job. Glossy to me is the shine hits a small area patch but you still get surrounding deep colors. On this film the glossy is the laminate which when at the shine angles, the "shine" takes up large areas, is rough, and makes the film look gray. It is best described as blotchy, and hazy. This is known as mottling and is a result of moisture. Allegedly it is something that can be fixed when the film is stretched out with a heat gun applied or long direct sun exposure.

I did not attempt this but looking at the film it seems plausible.

20220128_205143.jpg

The "Matte" film was much more high quality. It is 3M Scotchcal 50 series. Has somewhat of a more dark grey satin look, as in it is not a rough surface like that of real matte 3M.

20220128_210050.jpg

So again if heat can fix this thing, it really is a good source to get custom Mach 1 configurations. However I will have to wait to give anyone a better comparison to OEM. I've seen the car in person but my vehicle is delayed. I'll do a side by side showing off my car ever actually gets built.

The kit I purchased came with some extra Mach 1 lettering. Perfect font match, good quality. The hood lettering is skinny they give you 3 of them if you mess up, and 3 sets of 2 unique designs.

20220128_225319.jpg

And for context my whole purpose for doing this was because a good PPF job IMHO requires the removal of decals. After receiving these I will most likely get the OEM hood for $500 and keep these for everything else assuming the quality and color is close enough. If anyone wants my hood it if for sale (red/black).

Overall I think for the price (with 10% off) is good, it can definitely be better, but it beats paying $1k+. I'd rather put BWG stripes on the car than spend that much oem decals. And I've heard through the grapevine that some of those OEM decals are coming miss-aligned from the factory lol.
Where did you order them from? Tks
Sponsored